World of Warships

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: World of Warships

Postby ikalugin » Sat 30 May 2015 14:59

Warspite follows the US BB model in the game, ie armour, turn rate and horrible speed/range of the main guns.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Sat 30 May 2015 16:18

ikalugin wrote:Warspite follows the US BB model in the game, ie armour, turn rate and horrible speed/range of the main guns.

What armour, lol, they get blown to hell as if they have none :lol:

Chawp
Sergeant Major

Postby Chawp » Sat 30 May 2015 18:22

Mitchverr wrote:
ikalugin wrote:Warspite follows the US BB model in the game, ie armour, turn rate and horrible speed/range of the main guns.

Apart from Iowa:

Spoiler : Iowa "Bug" from the SEA CBT forums :
I've already reported a certain bug involving the Iowa, but wasn't sure whether I should bring this to light with the general player base since there's a potential for abuse. But after seeing many players struggling to sink the ship I feel compelled to make it known after all. Besides, a few other players have already noticed this bug but haven't figured out its cause so it's only a matter of time before people find out about it.

First, lets have a brief review of "Dealing Damage 101".
Each section of a ship will take X amount of damage depending on type of shell and whether it penetrates or overpenetrates. After it has absorbed a certain amount of damage it starts taking X/2 damage from that point onwards. E.g. a HE shell detonating on a ship's superstructure will deal 500 dmg. Once the superstructure has absorbed a certain amount of damage, each HE shell will only deal 250 dmg from that point onwards.
There is however apparently, a special exception, overpenetrating AP shells will always do the same amount of damage each time regardless of the state of the section of the ship.

You can test this theory out in the training room against any ship and achieve the expected result.

However, in the Iowa's case, the superstructure starts by taking half damage, and once it has absorbed enough damage it stops taking damage completely (except from overpenetrating AP shells). The stern is also bugged, in certain areas you can penetrate (but not overpen) with AP but it will take half damage, and once it takes enough damage it stops taking damage completely as well. The biggest implication of this bug is it practically makes the superstructure immune to HE shells after enough damage has been taken. This is problematic for ships with small caliber guns, as they rely on spamming HE shells on the superstructure to whittle down ships they cannot penetrate with AP. However, the superstructure can still be lit on fire despite taking no more damage from HE shells.

The hull where the magazines and boilers are located, fortunately, are not bugged, so you can still kill it with AP shells. Provided you can penetrate it.

Bonus info: If the Iowa uses its HP recovery ability, it can restore the status of the superstructure/stern back to a non-wrecked state, thus allowing shells to deal damage to it again until it gets wrecked once more.

Mobius
Lieutenant

Postby Mobius » Sat 30 May 2015 21:00

Object199 wrote:
Mobius wrote:...... considering the fact that Warspite will be removed once the open beta hits (the same thing will probably happen to Bismarck as well).......

I thought they get wiped like all purchases with gold and then you´ll be able to buy them again?! What´s the point about releasing them just to remove them again after a short period.

Probably balance testing while trying to figure out where the Queen Elizabeth class will belong in the RN tree. But don't worry, it'll be added back later and yeah, you'll be refunded your gold when it gets removed. It just won't be available in the open beta, or at least not initailly.

Kolovrat
Lieutenant

Postby Kolovrat » Sat 30 May 2015 21:14

Mitchverr wrote:

It's reliable vs 14-inches and lower calibers. You need to shoot from about 5 kms to get cidatel hits from, say, Mexico, to penetrate citadel reliably.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Sat 30 May 2015 21:41

Kolovrat wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:

It's reliable vs 14-inches and lower calibers. You need to shoot from about 5 kms to get cidatel hits from, say, Mexico, to penetrate citadel reliably.

Funny, i tend to wreck it in my mexico from 12km in 2 or 3 volleys usually :lol:

fatfluffycat
Major

Postby fatfluffycat » Sun 31 May 2015 00:11

How many wipes will there be? I heard there's going to be one for OBT and for the official release :|
How is possible? / Thread of the Year 2015

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Sun 31 May 2015 00:33

fatfluffycat wrote:How many wipes will there be? I heard there's going to be one for OBT and for the official release :|

AFAIK its only the open CBT to OBT that is being wiped now.

Mad22
Lieutenant

Postby Mad22 » Mon 1 Jun 2015 11:07

So is this worth paying to get in?
HOT SHOTS IS MORE REALISTIC THAN TOP GUN. whats that about?

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Tue 2 Jun 2015 01:51

Mad22 wrote:So is this worth paying to get in?

I suggest you check out some youtube videos first. Especially iChasegaming. Chase is not the best player out there, but he is very good and he is quite entertaining. Also he has a lot of helpful Captain's Academy videos. Overall his videos should tell you if you would find the game entertaining.

I dished some money out and I feel I have so far gotten my money's worth a few times over. However, the game is certainly not to everyone's tastes.
Just know that you can't really tunnelvision, or carriers or destroyers will nail you with torps. And that the first Japanese battleships are at best... troublesome.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Return to “Off-Topic”