World of Warships

Object199
Warrant Officer

Re: World of Warships

Postby Object199 » Mon 2 Nov 2015 03:27

TankHunter wrote:So I grinded the hell past the Chester as quickly as one can do without money and am now on the way through the St. Louis. How is the US Battleship line? I'm only 4k xp from the South Carolina(20 below average matches could get me there) and it looks interesting. Are the US BB's worse than their Japanese counterparts?

Also, what are the best destroyers currently in? US,Jap, or Soviet?

None of the DD lines is competitive in the higher tiers.

USN BB line:
-T3 and T4 shit like all low tier BBs
- New York is okay, inferior to the Kongo
- New Mex is great, on par with the Fuso
- Colorado post-buff, still worse than the Nagato, but at least not complete shit anymore
- NC good, on par with Amagi
- Iowa even better than NC, probably the most fun USN BB together with the New Mex, clearly superior to the Izumo
- Montana is good, but clearly inferior to the Yamato in a duel situation, still 2nd best non-CVnt ship

Looking from a good players perspective. Average guy, every IJN BB starting from T5 is better except for the Iowa.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Tue 3 Nov 2015 02:27

Would love to grab some guys for TeamSpeak/Division play, most of my gaming friends are in the USA and the entire accounts in WoWarships are region bound so I can't play with them. Currently have ships ranging from T1-T4.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Tue 3 Nov 2015 21:08

DoktorvonWer wrote:Would love to grab some guys for TeamSpeak/Division play, most of my gaming friends are in the USA and the entire accounts in WoWarships are region bound so I can't play with them. Currently have ships ranging from T1-T4.

Drop by on PLF TS, bunch of us were playing it just recently. Usually play higher tiers but probably they have low tier for the new trees :P

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Sat 7 Nov 2015 05:01

Finally got a hang on the South Carolina's guns. The scatter can be annoying, but well placed shots do wonders. I took on an enemy South Carolina with mine. I had around 15k HP vs his full 31k. I zig zagged toward him while I helped finish off some tier IV jap battleship(Premium/gift) so he missed some shots or did little damage. Managed to land 14k damage within 2 minutes of engagement on the enemy SC by hitting the under the turrets, as I couldn't land a true citadel hit on him. I went under after bringing him to 9k HP, where he was promptly finished off. I had my kill stolen on the TIV ship, so ended up with only 1 kill instead of 2(nearly 3), as the TIV ship was on fire at 100hp and got shot by a Kolberg :cry:
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Romiros
That was soooo easy

Postby Romiros » Sat 7 Nov 2015 22:06

The_Communist_Tsar
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby The_Communist_Tsar » Sun 8 Nov 2015 19:04

I'm trying out Soviet DD's at the moment. Has anyone here got the Kiev yet? I want to know if it's worth it.

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Tue 10 Nov 2015 04:44

The_Communist_Tsar wrote:I'm trying out Soviet DD's at the moment. Has anyone here got the Kiev yet? I want to know if it's worth it.

From what I've seen of it(I do not own, i'm on the T3 Soviet DD) it seems to be more of a gun destroyer. Very fast in both speed and RoF. Torpedoes are probably better than the trash ones for the early Russian DD's(3km range, only upside is 5 launchers @ Tier3) but seems to be more of a gun destroyer,would be pretty good at killing other DD's and peppering other ships with HE for fires. IIRC it is one of the fastest ships ingame at 42 knots.

I'm currently grinding the Karlsruhe. At the current rate I have 100 more bad games in it until I'm out(if I average 200xp on a shitty match in the shitty ship), and that is if I skip the 2000xp FCS upgrade to bring up the dismal 10km range on the main guns. I doubt the ship will ever "click" for me(or anyone, I'd say it is way worse than the M3 Lee grind in WoT). It is probably better to just play co-op or be a vulture in pvp and pick off low health ships and never travel alone. Torpedoes are decent in both range and damage, but that is a small comfort for anyone captaining this bucket of shit. it has barely 1k more health than the tier 2 Chester!
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

BeyondNight
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BeyondNight » Wed 11 Nov 2015 00:59

TankHunter wrote:
I'm currently grinding the Karlsruhe. At the current rate I have 100 more bad games in it until I'm out(if I average 200xp on a shitty match in the shitty ship), and that is if I skip the 2000xp FCS upgrade to bring up the dismal 10km range on the main guns. I doubt the ship will ever "click" for me(or anyone, I'd say it is way worse than the M3 Lee grind in WoT). It is probably better to just play co-op or be a vulture in pvp and pick off low health ships and never travel alone. Torpedoes are decent in both range and damage, but that is a small comfort for anyone captaining this bucket of shit. it has barely 1k more health than the tier 2 Chester!

I hate it so so so much, i go balls to the wall with it and just rush the hell out of DD's, can usually nab like 500xp or more doing that but i still loathe it.
Spoiler : :

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Wed 11 Nov 2015 04:30

BeyondNight wrote:
TankHunter wrote:

I hate it so so so much, i go balls to the wall with it and just rush the hell out of DD's, can usually nab like 500xp or more doing that but i still loathe it.

Oddly enough I just had an impressive match in it. 3 kills(1 Kuma, 2 Wyoming BB's). I grouped with 2 DD's and another cruiser and we screened ahead of one of our Wyomings. I assisted in killing the DD's, and then met a Kuma at close range, and citadeled him with AP ammo. I then spammed HE at a Wyoming, closing and then hitting him with torps. Attacked a 2nd wyoming, who was alert to my presence. I managed to get my torps off and kill him shortly after he obliterated me with a full broadside.

AP ammo makes the Karlsruhe a great cruiser killer, 2-3 citadel hits and a Kuma is toast. Normal penetrations do 1k damage

eMeM
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eMeM » Wed 11 Nov 2015 14:56

The glory!

Return to “Off-Topic”