World of Warships

Chawp
Sergeant Major

Re: World of Warships

Postby Chawp » Sat 9 May 2015 13:21

Bullfrog wrote:
Admiral Piett wrote:I agree completely. Carrier balance is really screwed generally right now, both within the class and outside it. I have a feeling that once the average skill level of CA and BB players increases a bit more, carriers are going to get screwed hard. I almost never get hit by carriers and on the rare occasion that I do I know I 100% deserved it.

That's pretty disappointing to hear, Carriers are one of the main things I want to play in WoWS

From what I read on the EU fourm, things are being reworked in the next patch so things might be getting better for carrier gameplay.

Link to the post: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.p ... ing-patch/

Dive bombers are getting so much needed TLC.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Sat 9 May 2015 15:00

Carriers are still awesome fun if you can manage them. If you follow your fleet in, at some distance of course, you can benefit from DD protection and shorter distances to the targets. And it isn't even as risky as it sounds. Carriers are generally fast, so if things go south in your area, you can still turn tail and flee.

It is very enjoyable once you get the hang of it. And there are still a lot of clueless people that will get eaten for breakfast.

Also, the last few days CV players have struck back against the clever players who keep an eye on the TBs. They have begun to launch their torps at very long range and circle around with the TBs afterwards to trick the target into thinking they haven't. The results have been surprisingly good. However, it will just be a matter of time before people can notice the drop. Besides, when TBs are near, constantly turning into them is a good idea. That defeats the long range drop, easily. Unless the CV player is an absolute master and can predict where his TBs will be post drop and where the target will have turned then. That's an impressive calculation and should really be rewarded.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sat 9 May 2015 15:33

IIRC isnt the A8M a Jet design? And WG said no Jets? Unless of course they make it a prop plane instead

It was a Jet paper plane, yeah.

But this could potentially mean...

It's ALMOST an F-86!
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Sat 9 May 2015 15:43

I can't wait till we get the Soviet line up. All the paper desighns I could ever hope for.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Sat 9 May 2015 17:26

ikalugin wrote:I can't wait till we get the Soviet line up. All the paper desighns I could ever hope for.

Kirov/Maxim Gorky are going to be good as well as Chapayev/Sverdlov for T9/10

As far as destroyers go I'm hoping for 9/10 to be Skoryy/Neustrashimy or Kotlin, the Leningrad and Tashkent class destroyer leaders have great potential as well.

And of course as long as the Borodino, Stalingrad, Kronshtadt and Sovetsky Soyuz classes are in its going to be a communist party!
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Sat 9 May 2015 18:48

So if Jets are going to be the top tier fighters, what would each nation have? Japan had the A8M obviously, the US could have the F-9F Panther and the UK could have the Sea Meteor. Not sure about Germany and Russia.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sat 9 May 2015 19:01

GBNATO wrote:So if Jets are going to be the top tier fighters, what would each nation have? Japan had the A8M obviously, the US could have the F9F Panther and the UK could have the Sea Meteor. Not sure about Germany and Russia.

For Germany, Eugen will probably invent a seagoing Me-262 or something.

For the USSR? I don't think any carrier designs even made it to paper in the '30s through '50s.

The USSR is kind of in an odd situation throughout.

Kirov/Maxim Gorky are going to be good as well as Chapayev/Sverdlov for T9/10

For example, not sure Sverdlov can step to the Des Moines.
Last edited by Killertomato on Sat 9 May 2015 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Sat 9 May 2015 19:13

We had our paper desighns, they just did not make it to being layed down (pr.23 BBs were layed down but never completed).
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sat 9 May 2015 19:16

We had our paper desighns, they just did not make it to being layed down (pr.23 BBs were layed down but never completed).

Battleships, yes- everyone knows about Sovetsky Soyuz. Cruisers and destroyers? I'm sure there are plenty.

But carriers? I was under the impression that Stalin & co. were not fans of the concept.

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Sat 9 May 2015 22:29

I don't really ever post best kill lists or any of that stuff but srsly this is why you use 8" guns with the Mogami..... The firepower is obscene.
http://i.imgur.com/b9OoMPx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/296tnEi.jpg
Also I must say IJN destroyers get too much of a bad rap IMO, we'll see when I get to high tiers though.
http://i.imgur.com/bVLUA2c.jpg
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

Return to “Off-Topic”