World of Warships

User avatar
Admiral Piett
Colonel
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 22:04
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby Admiral Piett » Tue 28 Feb 2017 09:45

fatfluffycat wrote:How many new lines are they planing to push out this year? I hope that the US CA/CL split is one of them.


I don't know the total number, but two(!) VMF DD sub-branches are coming (one is imminent), French cruisers and French BB/CCs are confirmed. Quite a few interesting premiums are coming as well: Alabama, Roma, Graf Zeppelin, Hood (though this is more rumoured), and possibly Ashitaka. There are a few other ones, but those are what I care about. I will personally only get Hood and Ashitaka in all likelihood since I'm not made of money.

Also, finally.

http://i.imgur.com/HD0JMfa.jpg

Object199
Warrant Officer
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu 7 Aug 2014 21:12
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby Object199 » Tue 28 Feb 2017 18:53

Admiral Piett wrote:
fatfluffycat wrote:How many new lines are they planing to push out this year? I hope that the US CA/CL split is one of them.


I don't know the total number, but two(!) VMF DD sub-branches are coming (one is imminent), French cruisers and French BB/CCs are confirmed. Quite a few interesting premiums are coming as well: Alabama, Roma, Graf Zeppelin, Hood (though this is more rumoured), and possibly Ashitaka. There are a few other ones, but those are what I care about. I will personally only get Hood and Ashitaka in all likelihood since I'm not made of money.

Also, finally.

http://i.imgur.com/HD0JMfa.jpg

Congrats.

Everytime you miss or dont pen, you know that no other BB could have done better. Best penetration, combined with best accuracy [jap dispersion + 2.1 sigma] and the ridiculous overmatch capabilites of the 460s make the Yamato the best BB ingame. Nothing like a quadruple cit through the bow of a Montana 15km away. Right behind the T9/10 CVs comes the Yamato in terms of facerolling.

But in the end, it is still a BB, you are still in the hands of RNGesus when it comes to hitting or not hitting your target. Also all the T10 BBs are pretty sluggish, atm the Khabarovsk is probably my fav ship.



With Wargame going WWII, it would be pretty interesting to see if Eugen will use naval maps like in RD. Using only WWII tech this could be far more fun and balanced than it currently is, would be pretty nice to see DDs and CAs/CLs, maybe even capital ships, although I doubt that.
Image

User avatar
Admiral Piett
Colonel
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 22:04
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby Admiral Piett » Tue 28 Feb 2017 19:33

Object199 wrote:Congrats.

Everytime you miss or dont pen, you know that no other BB could have done better. Best penetration, combined with best accuracy [jap dispersion + 2.1 sigma] and the ridiculous overmatch capabilites of the 460s make the Yamato the best BB ingame. Nothing like a quadruple cit through the bow of a Montana 15km away. Right behind the T9/10 CVs comes the Yamato in terms of facerolling.

But in the end, it is still a BB, you are still in the hands of RNGesus when it comes to hitting or not hitting your target. Also all the T10 BBs are pretty sluggish, atm the Khabarovsk is probably my fav ship.


Thanks! I'm really looking forward to trying Yamato out. I'm retraining my captain at the moment. I am also trying to determine if it is better to just got the second Damage Control Modification since the rudder shift and turning circle are so apocalyptic, and the steering gears modification would only take it down from "terrible" to "really bad."

atm the Khabarovsk is probably my fav ship.


You are evil. :evil:

User avatar
fatfluffycat
Major
Posts: 1763
Joined: Wed 1 Jan 2014 02:40
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby fatfluffycat » Tue 28 Feb 2017 23:51

Object199 wrote:With Wargame going WWII


:shock: where did you see this
How is possible? / Thread of the Year 2015
Image

User avatar
FrangibleCover
Lieutenant
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon 14 Nov 2016 21:34
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 1 Mar 2017 00:54

fatfluffycat wrote:
Object199 wrote:With Wargame going WWII

:shock: where did you see this

Pretty much every other active thread on the Forums. Eugen have been tweeting Eisenhower quotes, Paradox and Eugen are liking each other's tweets and then today there was a picture posted of Le Dressay wearing a shirt that said somethingDivision or somethingInvasion: Normandy '44, showing off a game that looks similar to Wargame in the Paradox area of GDC2017. The picture has since disappeared from the web but the Genie is out of the bottle and setting fire to things: It's WW2, published by Paradox. Or MadMat has excelled himself in trolling us.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?
Image

Object199
Warrant Officer
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu 7 Aug 2014 21:12
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby Object199 » Wed 1 Mar 2017 20:34

Admiral Piett wrote:Thanks! I'm really looking forward to trying Yamato out. I'm retraining my captain at the moment. I am also trying to determine if it is better to just got the second Damage Control Modification since the rudder shift and turning circle are so apocalyptic, and the steering gears modification would only take it down from "terrible" to "really bad."


Damage control mod is only really effective if you want the 7s [assuming you use BoS, if you dont, you really should] less fire duration, flooding is devastating anyway and doesnt happen unless you fucked up. The dmg from 7s fire is IMO doesnt justify giving up better rudder shift, which allows you to aim faster [often enough you will turn the ship due to the horrible turret traverse], angle faster and dodge torpedos more easily.

My Yamato runs:
main battery durability - more accuracy - more RoF - damage control - rudder shift - concealment
2 float planes - EM - BoS/BFT/SI/VI - CE

Although I plan on giving up BFT and Vigilance for AFT and Adrenaline Rush. My fingers were faster than my brain after the captain reset and so far I have been too greedy wasting 190k elite captain XP for the respec. Vigilance is all nice and stuff, but AR is just as useful.
Image

User avatar
Admiral Piett
Colonel
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 22:04
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby Admiral Piett » Wed 1 Mar 2017 20:40

Object199 wrote:Damage control mod is only really effective if you want the 7s [assuming you use BoS, if you dont, you really should] less fire duration, flooding is devastating anyway and doesnt happen unless you fucked up. The dmg from 7s fire is IMO doesnt justify giving up better rudder shift, which allows you to aim faster [often enough you will turn the ship due to the horrible turret traverse], angle faster and dodge torpedos more easily.


Interesting. I'm not running BoS at the moment, though I have been debating between it and SI for my 17th captain point. I'm leaning toward the extra heal though.

Object199
Warrant Officer
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu 7 Aug 2014 21:12
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby Object199 » Wed 1 Mar 2017 20:48

Admiral Piett wrote:
Object199 wrote:Damage control mod is only really effective if you want the 7s [assuming you use BoS, if you dont, you really should] less fire duration, flooding is devastating anyway and doesnt happen unless you fucked up. The dmg from 7s fire is IMO doesnt justify giving up better rudder shift, which allows you to aim faster [often enough you will turn the ship due to the horrible turret traverse], angle faster and dodge torpedos more easily.


Interesting. I'm not running BoS at the moment, though I have been debating between it and SI for my 17th captain point. I'm leaning toward the extra heal though.


Everyone that can spam HE tries to get some Yamato booty, especially due the large HP and fires working on percentage basis, also the
Yamato has a fairly short 10s damage control duration in opposition to the extremly annoying 20s of the Montana.

IMO SI should be the first 3 point skill you chose, in the end you should try to have all 5 heals and that flag for 20% more heal. In the end all 3 point skills aim at being more tanky, and SI has probably the biggest effect, although BoS is pretty good too if you get HE spammed.
Last edited by Object199 on Wed 1 Mar 2017 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Admiral Piett
Colonel
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 22:04
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby Admiral Piett » Wed 1 Mar 2017 20:50

Object199 wrote:Everyone that can spam HE tries to get some Yamato booty, especially due the large HP and fires working on percentage basis, also the
Yamato has a fairly short 10s damage control duration in opposition to the extremly annoying 20s of the Montana.

IMO SI should be the first 3 point skill you chose, in the end you should try to have all 5 heals and that flag for 20% more heal. In the end all 3 point skills aim at being more tanky, and SI has probably the biggest effect, although BoS is pretty good too if you get HE spammed.


Yeah, that is what I feel. Right now my captain isn't optimal unfortunately. If I could do it again, I would probably go full survivability. It will be awhile before I get a 19-point captain to reset people with.

Object199
Warrant Officer
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu 7 Aug 2014 21:12
Contact:

Re: World of Warships

Postby Object199 » Wed 1 Mar 2017 20:54

Admiral Piett wrote:Yeah, that is what I feel. Right now my captain isn't optimal unfortunately. If I could do it again, I would probably go full survivability. It will be awhile before I get a 19-point captain to reset people with.


As generous as WoWs is, in comparison to WoT, not being able to respec at all without elite captain xp or dubloons can be pretty annoying. In WoT you could do it for free, even though you lost like 10% of the total XP that your crew earned.
Image

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests