US Army PR convoy through Europe

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

US Army PR convoy through Europe

Postby frostypooky » Wed 25 Mar 2015 22:25

(photos and article)

A convoy of U.S. Army armored vehicles is drawing crowds, cheers and tears as it makes an 1,100-mile journey from the Baltics through Poland and the Czech Republic to Germany.

"The engagements will provide a highly visible demonstration of U.S. commitment to the residents in each of the nations and the resolve of NATO as an alliance," according to a Pentagon statement.

"The older people start getting emotional. I had one lady came up to me crying," Spc. John Zagozdon, 25, told Stripes. "They were all really grateful."

The convoy, which began on Saturday, is expected to take 11 days to its end at Rose Barracks in Vilseck, Germany, about 40 miles from the Czech border.

RT version: "Czechs told not to throw tomatoes, eggs at US military convoy" and ‘US Dragoon Ride stirs anxiousness in European govts’

"The previous time that tanks rolled onto the streets in Prague they were of course the Soviet forces crushing moves to democracy, and the time before that they were Hitler’s tanks, so these images are stirring the Czechs and they don’t feel at all comfortable with it." - Tony Robinson, Pressenza information center

:shock: What have we arrogant Americans done??? we are causing mass hysteria across Europe, apparently, with cheers, tears, and anxiety

also in US Army news, SGT Bowe Bergdahl was charged with desertion (articles 85 and 99 of UCMJ), with possibility of forfeiture of all pay and rank w/ life in prison.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: US Army PR convoy through Europe

Postby Killertomato » Wed 25 Mar 2015 22:54

RT version

lols intensify

also in US Army news, SGT Bowe Bergdahl was charged with desertion (articles 85 and 99 of UCMJ), with possibility of forfeiture of all pay and rank w/ life in prison.

I have yet to talk to a soldier that doesn't think this should've happened right off the bat.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 26 Mar 2015 00:17

Killertomato wrote:
RT version

lols intensify

Bahahahahahahaha!

I have yet to talk to a soldier that doesn't think this should've happened right off the bat.

The Taliban has charged him with desertion as well. Not looking good for him.
http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/11/taliban-bowe-bergdahl-desertion/
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Thu 26 Mar 2015 00:21

RT is hilarious, it's the Kremlin's mouthpiece and everything it says has a political tint. They like to focus on the right wing in Europe, US aggression and NATO spending.

Browsing through the RT website makes me laugh and feel sad at the same time.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Thu 26 Mar 2015 00:23

Fade2Gray wrote:Image

The Taliban has charged him with desertion as well. Not looking good for him.
http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/11/taliban-bowe-bergdahl-desertion/

wow :shock:

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Thu 26 Mar 2015 00:25

Can you take the strykers back and send a battalion of Abrams (marines preferred but not required). It's just with all those Russian tanks, actually you know what can you toss in 2 squadrons of Hogs. It's just I don't know how many brimstones the RAF have for tank killing.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 26 Mar 2015 00:26

REDDQ wrote:wow :shock:

Soldiers and veterans of the US Army have a special tough love for him.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Thu 26 Mar 2015 02:15

That dufflebag article had a pretty funny article attached to it :lol:
Bling-Bling! I Got My P.O.W. Medal, Bitches!
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 26 Mar 2015 04:21

StalkerDellaNote wrote:That dufflebag article had a pretty funny article attached to it :lol:
Bling-Bling! I Got My P.O.W. Medal, Bitches!

Military swag is important yo!

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Sat 28 Mar 2015 16:59

http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/03/bergd ... -training/

lol

in serious news, officials from the investigation say he was trying to go to another post to report serious shenanigans with his command/unit. doubtful, but if true i wonder how it would change the case.

edit: since we're duffelblogging

Controversial ISIS ‘Kill List’ Leaves Off Female Army Captain

Among the more than 100 names and addresses of U.S. service members around the country, not one on the list was female.

Immediately after reviewing the list and discovering that her name was omitted, Steel began an online social media campaign, using the hashtag #WeAreWorthKillingToo. It has since trended, having been retweeted over 70,000 times, and a short commercial starring Sarah McLachlan will be airing on primetime this weekend.

Feminist groups across the nation, both military and civilian, have issued additional statements condemning ISIS for its “backward, sexist propaganda” and have called on the terrorist group fighting across large swathes of the Middle East to include prominent women in all future kill lists.

Male members of her unit have also expressed support for the campaign.

“Trust me, I’d love it if ISIS included Capt. Steel in their next kill list,” said Sgt. 1st Class Justin Barksdale. “If anyone deserves to be on that list it’s her.”

Return to “Off-Topic”