US, EURO, Asian or African?!? cars?

CornProducts
Colonel

Re: US, EURO, Asian or African?!? cars?

Postby CornProducts » Thu 28 Apr 2016 04:02

Since this thread was started I have become the happy owner of a Subaru Impreza WRX. And its a manual. 8-)

Not a car buff, but certainly the funnest things I've driven that isn't worth more than a yearly salary.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 28 Apr 2016 06:01

WRX's are amazing not in the least because it gives you permission to go home and yell "Hey Mum! Check out my new STI!"

But yeah, Japanese cars are the best, hands down, bar none!

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 28 Apr 2016 06:34

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:WRX's are amazing not in the least because it gives you permission to go home and yell "Hey Mum! Check out my new STI!"

But yeah, Japanese cars are the best, hands down, bar none!

The best at making kids putting shitty mufflers on them and making them sound like absolute shit.
Courtesy of KattiValk

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Thu 28 Apr 2016 08:40

All the japanese cars I've driven had horrible suspension.

Currently driving a mercedes C. Insanely comfy ride.
Viker for ingen!

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Thu 28 Apr 2016 09:46

JDM is the shit haha..
I love that you can buy a car that's cheaper than dirt, and in the right hands.. they can be quick and actually built nice..

Dream car is Nissan Skyline GTR BNR33 V-Spec.. as they're legal in Cali, with right kind of work can exceed 1000HP affordably, and AWD is my shit..
I'd be tearing the ass off any punk ricer Honda w/ a fart can on it running through the canyons.. Mmmm
Though I'm boutta pick me up an Infiniti G37 which.. after a little bit of saving money I'ma drop Garrett turbos
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 28 Apr 2016 10:24

Mike wrote:The best at making kids putting shitty mufflers on them and making them sound like absolute shit.

Implying that it's only Japanese car drivers doing it..

StalkerDellaNote wrote:Dream car is Nissan Skyline GTR BNR33 V-Spec.. as they're legal in Cali, with right kind of work can exceed 1000HP

Ahh, good old Godzilla's, it's amazing what people can achieve with that thing!

My cars starting to get a bit old and losing it's structural integrity, so I'm looking at getting another car.

My god, do I want a GT86! I want one so bad!

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Thu 28 Apr 2016 11:46

CornProducts wrote:Since this thread was started I have become the happy owner of a Subaru Impreza WRX. And its a manual. 8-)

Not a car buff, but certainly the funnest things I've driven that isn't worth more than a yearly salary.

How about a couple pictures ? Or even a little write-up ?
Croche et Tient

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu 28 Apr 2016 18:17

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Mike wrote:The best at making kids putting shitty mufflers on them and making them sound like absolute shit.

Implying that it's only Japanese car drivers doing it..

Like 70% of the cars I see with it are Honda or Nissan. I do see some VWs, Ford Focuses, and I've seen a handful of people put it in the V6 Mustangs.

StalkerDellaNote wrote:Dream car is Nissan Skyline GTR BNR33 V-Spec.. as they're legal in Cali, with right kind of work can exceed 1000HP

I've had some guy say that the engines in GTRs weren't so strong. Not HP, but physically.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Fri 29 Apr 2016 00:38

CornProducts wrote:Subaru Impreza WRX. And its a manual. 8-)

An automatic one would be Heresy :)

Except maybe for old people searching for confort during long city driving or long road travels, i can't understand the automatic gearboxes. Specially on cars having any "grand tourism" or sportsmanship pretentions. It's a driving-pleasure breaker to my sense. The case of the sequential gearboxes, like for example the BMW SMG2, Audi R-Tronic or even the more modest Peugeot BMP, are something different. I'll let the dreamcars aside...How are the Subaru ones? soft and slow gear shiftings, or performant ones with a manual sequential handling possibility at the wheel?

For my part, i'm the happy owner of a R53 mini cooper S as a secondary, "pleasure" car since years. A real Karting with hard suspensions, firm controls, a manual "Grid" Getrag 6-speed gearbox and a tremendous road holding. The BMW-Chrysler compressor engine is really better than the R56 Peugeot-BMW to my sense. The reselling (argus) prices stay quite high as this is an appreciated little pleasure car. Not many kilometers on the meter, so i won't loose much if i decide to sell it one day. Next one will be a rear-wheel drive for sure!

Just some cooling circuit leaks, as it is a redundant issue with those cars, but overall, a robust and reliable toy for the weekend. :)
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri 29 Apr 2016 02:53

Many automatics are better than want most people can do with a manual nowadays.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “Off-Topic”