Lieutenant

Re: US, EURO, Asian or African?!? cars?

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Thu 12 May 2016 03:37

Well what do you have there

Subaru BRZ
Scion FRS
or Toyota GT86

They're all exactly the same car lol

They neat cars.. we get the Scion in the states with a few Subaru sprinkled here n there

Would rather spend the extra on something like a Hyundai Genesis coupe or Infiniti G37

This be my next auto purchase.. though I'ma gonna peel that ridiculous wrap.. rewrap it in a better color

Buying it used for 10k :D
Attachments
FB_IMG_1463017337174.jpg
FB_IMG_1463017337174.jpg (58.94 KiB) Viewed 783 times
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Thu 12 May 2016 17:21

I have a thing for German cars. I've been driving a 2009 BMW 328i for almost the last 5 years. I can think of few cars that combine its looks, luxury, sportiness, and usability in its price range. The steering is perfectly neutral and heavy, the 6 speed is great, and the inline 6 while not booming with power is the best engine I've driven. I have about 30,000 miles on it and I'd reckon it's total maitenence cost (including oil changes) has been under $1k.

I don't want to buy a new car any time soon, but if I had to I'd give the Mustang GT a serious look. American cars right now are in the best place they've been for 40 years.

CornProducts wrote:
Mike wrote:Many automatics are better than want most people can do with a manual nowadays.

Manuals still beat out auto's in acceleration. Doing a paper on that now actually. Mixed when it comes to fuel economy, slight edge to automatics, noticeably better emissions with automatics too. But manuals still reign supreme in mechanical efficiency 8-), even with interruptions in torque do to shifting.

I haven't driven a new or sporty automatic in a while, but I feel I can slam those gears in just about as fast, and have the added bonus of being able to look ahead. Although now they have those "flappy paddle" gearboxes too, so the topic gets muddier.

I'm not buying this. The Corvette Z06 with an automatic does 0-60 in 2.95 and the 1/4 mile in 10.95. The Corvette Z06 with a manual does 0-60 in 3.2 and the 1/4 mile in 11.2.

There's a reason super cars are switching to automatics and dual clutch transmissions and it's not just because they sell better.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-corvette-z ... 1641216532

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Thu 12 May 2016 17:50

Solo wrote:I don't want to buy a new car any time soon, but if I had to I'd give the Mustang GT a serious look. American cars right now are in the best place they've been for 40 years.

Despite the fact that I agree..
America's car game is on point right now.. while German cars are in a quality nose dive.. and Japanese cars are.. Japanese
Mostly boring with a few jems both high and low end..

I'd still like give a round of applause for Korea..
Hyundai and Kia are making some incredible cars as of late..

Kia competing very well with the likes of Honda & Toyota
Hyundai going toe to toe with Nissan/Infiniti

MVP hands down is Hyundai Genesis/Genesis Coupe
They're astonishing cars

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Thu 12 May 2016 20:24

StalkerDellaNote wrote:
Solo wrote:I don't want to buy a new car any time soon, but if I had to I'd give the Mustang GT a serious look. American cars right now are in the best place they've been for 40 years.

MVP hands down is Hyundai Genesis/Genesis Coupe
They're astonishing cars

Why would anyone buy one over a Mustang GT though? MSRP of a base Genesis is about $28k while MSRP of a base Mustang GT is about $33k. That's like $100 a month difference over 36 or 48 months with the Mustang's better financing offers and with the Mustang you get a much better looking and faster car.

Though the new Genesis sedan is very attractive. My boss might buy the new Genesis G90 that's intended to compete with the 7 series and the S Class.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 12 May 2016 21:32

StalkerDellaNote wrote:MVP hands down is Hyundai Genesis/Genesis Coupe
They're astonishing cars

Ew.. Korean cars... Hand down Japanese cars...

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 13 May 2016 04:29

Solo wrote:Why would anyone buy one over a Mustang GT though? MSRP of a base Genesis is about $28k while MSRP of a base Mustang GT is about $33k. That's like $100 a month difference over 36 or 48 months with the Mustang's better financing offers and with the Mustang you get a much better looking and faster car.

I was about to throw in the Camaro SS in, but I didn't realize it was 5K more than the Mustang GT. :shock: A used 2013 GT500 is probably the most power you are going to get for the money, but you lose the IRS in the 2015+ Mustang models.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Fri 13 May 2016 05:33

Mike wrote:
Solo wrote:Why would anyone buy one over a Mustang GT though? MSRP of a base Genesis is about $28k while MSRP of a base Mustang GT is about $33k. That's like $100 a month difference over 36 or 48 months with the Mustang's better financing offers and with the Mustang you get a much better looking and faster car.

I was about to throw in the Camaro SS in, but I didn't realize it was 5K more than the Mustang GT. :shock: A used 2013 GT500 is probably the most power you are going to get for the money, but you lose the IRS in the 2015+ Mustang models.

This dealer is offering 727 hp supercharged GTs for $39,995 out the door. :shock: You even get a 3 yr warranty.

http://jalopnik.com/how-to-get-a-727-hp ... 1775799271

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 13 May 2016 08:00

I don't what is so special about "get laid cars" like the Mustang. Take Solo for example, he's smart, college educated, tallish(possibly attractive as well?), going into the medical field, and enlisting.

Assuming all that is true? Women are going to swamp him as is.

Why waste time and money on a sports car when you already have all that going for you I don't know. It's pushing it into TryHard land if you ask me.

Oh well, Solo? As long as you don't act like an idiot Private and sit outside the barracks revving the engine like a total moron I will not judge you. If you do? Then I swear on my PT belt I will come and find you and hurt your feelings. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Fade2Gray on Fri 13 May 2016 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Fri 13 May 2016 08:31

Mustang's just aren't that attractive to me, plus they handle like bricks..
Genesis Coupe 3.8 is god mode cheap tier track car

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Fri 13 May 2016 09:16

Fade2Gray wrote:I don't what is so special about "get laid cars" like the Mustang.

I'll go even further and say, I don't get why people own cars. The only two (three) vehicles I can justify buying are motorcycles for their fuel efficiency and Trucks/SUVs for their utility and ability to not shit them selves at bad weather or a little dirt.

Everything else, I just don't get.

I guess there is the exception, I've always wanted to buy one of those tiny eco cars and put a train horn in it
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Return to “Off-Topic”