2015 General Election

Gorganhound
Second-Lieutenant

Re: 2015 General Election

Postby Gorganhound » Fri 8 May 2015 17:42

DoktorvonWer wrote:
GBNATO wrote:
DoktorvonWer wrote:Am I 'Yorkshire Ball' now, GBNATO? I HAVE A NAME AND FEELINGS :cry:

All I'm going to say is that I'm relieved and amazingly excited about this shock outcome.

Sorry mate, I was insensitive, I see that now. I shouldn't make jokes, we are of the same clay :cry:

Also, did you say you were excited and relieved about Tory majority government? :shock: Is that even legal where you come from?

Here's a picture of me in my local area to prove it:

I've always been Tory, with UKIP-appreciating sentiments.

do i see a smidge of green? :lol:

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Fri 8 May 2015 17:48

Gorganhound wrote:
DoktorvonWer wrote:Here's a picture of me in my local area to prove it:

I've always been Tory, with UKIP-appreciating sentiments.

do i see a smidge of green? :lol:

Hell no, those lunatics only got one seat and that was Brighton!

Gorganhound
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Gorganhound » Fri 8 May 2015 18:10

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 8 May 2015 18:12

you guys whould give the Orkneys back to Norway

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Fri 8 May 2015 18:27

This is the Tories wet dream, they have a workable majority, and 3 main opposition leaders all resigned within an hour, wow.

The polling industry is in shock at how wrong they were, but apparently the theorey is that a lot of voters, in the ballot station, were so scared by the idea of a Miliband/Balls SNP government that they voted Tory.

This has been a very interesting election.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 8 May 2015 18:32

Rorschach wrote:This is the Tories wet dream, they have a workable majority, and 3 main opposition leaders all resigned within an hour, wow.

The polling industry is in shock at how wrong they were, but apparently the theorey is that a lot of voters, in the ballot station, were so scared by the idea of a Miliband/Balls SNP government that they voted Tory.

This has been a very interesting election.

Such fools, should have just kept with lib dems in their areas and we would just have what we had before, tory lite from them keeping it in check.

T80U = tankbankai
Captain

Postby T80U = tankbankai » Fri 8 May 2015 18:43

I don't understand how the seats thing works but how come the SNP has 56 seats despite less votes than both UKIP and the Lib Dem's and both of them only getting one seat?
Wargame: Mediterranean Factions/Thread Of The Year
Countess Bathory wrote:Nearly all of humanity's problems could be solved by delicious fried chicken.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 8 May 2015 19:10

T80U = tankbankai wrote:I don't understand how the seats thing works but how come the SNP has 56 seats despite less votes than both UKIP and the Lib Dem's and both of them only getting one seat?

Because muh scotland has less of a voice then the rest of the country, ask any scottish person... :lol:

Its stupid i know, its why i hate our current system, it isnt proportional at all.

Scotland has an overall population of about 5 million or so people, they expect to have the voice of England in the union which has a population as you can guess, much higher.

Also lib dems got 8 seats didnt they, but yeah, 1million more people vote Lib Dem, get 48 less seats.

edit, numbers i did on another site.

Yeah, i hope this election will finally bring the tories round to having election reform, we need a better system than...

2,415,888 lib dem voters.
3,861,457 UKIP voters.
6,277,345 total.

9 seats.

1,454,436 SNP voters.
56 seats.

1 seat for every 697482.7 people in the first group.
1 seat for every 25972 people in the second group.

"scotland has less voice" lol, just lol.

Not even counting in the greens.

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Fri 8 May 2015 19:51

Buy FPTP delivers strong governments with the mandate and ability to pass legislation.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 8 May 2015 19:53

Rorschach wrote:Buy FPTP delivers strong governments with the mandate and ability to pass legislation.

It also gives us hell like Mr Brown and the chance of a government that can collapse us easily, its also highly undemocratic. People were saying how "we cant survive with a lib dem tory coalition it wont last we cant do it" well, they lasted, did pretty well and stemmed each other from crazy things, imagine how much WORSE things like the destruction of disability income would have been if the lib dems were not there to stop the tories?

Return to “Off-Topic”