Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

Fade2Gray
General

Re: Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 11 May 2015 23:01

GBNATO wrote:Why would you eat something dry like doritos when the substance you are taking is legendary for drying your mouth out? I never understood that :|

Pothead logic, some of the most amusing stuff ever.

I don't get this "well hard drugs make you lunatic, so they shouldn't be legalized. However, other crazy drugs are legal, but are regulated so it isn't bad."

I can't help but wonder if we actually brought hard drugs off the streets and into actual purpose built clinics what would happen. Who would honestly go rushing off to do crack or meth? Would there be an epidemic? I doubt it, I know I wouldn't touch the same, same for most of you in here. If anything, you'd get a lot off addicts off the streets, away from pushers who are manipulating their consumers, and best yet, you'd have all sorts of help right there. If someone goes "lunatic" or whatever, or starts showing signs of serious addiction or whatever problems that come up, guess what? You could have all sorts of resources right there. None of this pure free market nonsense that people seem to jump to as the end result.

No more addicts out hidden in society, where who knows what will happen next. No more money flowing to gangs and cartels. Decriminalization has shown significant results in reducing drug use, full on legalization and regulation could very well help push those numbers down even more.

Mitchverr wrote:I know people who smoke weed, try to get me to, the smell makes me ill, so i dont, guess no dorito for me :(

Yeah, weed seemssmells so damn horrible that if I was in charge of things, I'd probably set it for "smoke only at home or designated areas" like cafes or whatever. Its pretty bad, worse than cigarette smoke, which I can actually engage a bit.
Last edited by Fade2Gray on Mon 11 May 2015 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 11 May 2015 23:04

Fade2Gray wrote:
GBNATO wrote:Why would you eat something dry like doritos when the substance you are taking is legendary for drying your mouth out? I never understood that :|

Pothead logic, some of the most amusing stuff ever.

I don't get this "well hard drugs make you lunatic, so they shouldn't be legalized. However, other crazy drugs are legal, but are regulated so it isn't bad."

I can't help but wonder if we actually brought hard drugs off the streets and into actual purpose built clinics what would happen. Who would honestly go rushing off to do crack or meth? Would there be an epidemic? I doubt it, I know I wouldn't touch the same, same for most of you in here. If anything, you'd get a lot off addicts off the streets, away from pushers who are manipulating their consumers, and best yet, you'd have all sorts of help right there. If someone goes "lunatic" or whatever, or starts showing signs of serious addiction or whatever problems that come up, guess what? You could have all sorts of resources right there. None of this pure free market nonsense that people seem to jump to as the end result.

No more addicts out hidden in society, where who knows what will happen next. No more money flowing to gangs and cartels. Decriminalization has shown significant results in reducing drug use, full on legalization and regulation could very well help push those numbers down even more.

Every time its happened there was near always a drop in usage of drugs as they always came acompanied with extencive rehab systems to help people get off drugs, it also not only crushed black market and criminal groups incomes but also raised general health considerably ie no rat poison cut into your coke there jimmy, the latter being especially important as most will now go to those government or private run official regulated systems simply because its so much safer for them.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Mon 11 May 2015 23:17

Hard narcotics are pretty dangerous and it is not much the use of them, but how they are made. There are gangs and people who buy or rent apartments and houses just to set up labs just to make meth. Put a bunch of kids or people with little knowledge of chemistry and you get an a fiery explosion and an area contaminated in chemicals. There are also kids trying to make it through a method called the one pot method where they pour all the chemicals into a soda bottle.

Plus people are just disgusting leaving used syringes on the ground.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue 12 May 2015 00:07

Fade2Gray wrote:Yeah, weed seemssmells so damn horrible that if I was in charge of things, I'd probably set it for "smoke only at home or designated areas" like cafes or whatever. Its pretty bad, worse than cigarette smoke, which I can actually engage a bit.

I think cigarette smoke smells worse than weed. It's just so harsh smelling to me.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Tue 12 May 2015 00:28

Fade2Gray wrote:Yeah, weed seemssmells so damn horrible that if I was in charge of things, I'd probably set it for "smoke only at home or designated areas" like cafes or whatever. Its pretty bad, worse than cigarette smoke, which I can actually engage a bit.

depends on the weed though, some smells good, some like a kick to the face (bad/cheap weed mostly)

Mike wrote:I think cigarette smoke smells worse than weed. It's just so harsh smelling to me.

some legitimatly smells like piss to me...differs with brads though, some gives me a headache just standing next to someone who somkes, while others are completely fine and i can smoke myself...taste always sucks ,and your hands will smell like piss...cigarettes suck...

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Tue 12 May 2015 00:29

Doinize wrote:

depends on the weed though, some smells good, some like a kick to the face (bad/cheap weed mostly)

Mike wrote:I think cigarette smoke smells worse than weed. It's just so harsh smelling to me.

some legitimatly smells like piss to me...differs with brands though, some gives me a headache just standing next to someone who somkes, while others are completely fine and i can smoke myself...taste always sucks ,and your hands will smell like piss...cigarettes suck...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 May 2015 02:00

Mike wrote:

I think cigarette smoke smells worse than weed. It's just so harsh smelling to me.

I guess its like weed, some brands do smell bad. I can't stand the smell of Lucky Strikes, or German made Marlboros. British made Camel Blues however smell wonderful. American made Marlboro #27's smell great as well. Some cigars smell really pleasant for that matter as well.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 12 May 2015 02:12

Weed smells like fermenting grass to me, I can't stand it!

Ciggerttes are much the same, but mostly because of how much artificial chemical bullshit they put into that, more natural flavored tobacco like cigars smell a ton better IMHO.

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Tue 12 May 2015 02:24

The fact that some here act as if all drugs are equal is downright foolish. Weed and heroin/cocaine/meth/LSD aren't comparable so legalizing/decriminalizing the former in no way justifies doing the same with the later. The consumer shares some part of the blame for the problem as well, not as much as the dealers or the cartels for sure but legally they don't deserve a pass. People can get addicted to just about anything, but to use that argument to claim that we should go ahead and legalize narcotics like that? All that would do is cause harm in the long run regardless if Mexican cartels now have to deal with American competition.

As for border security, how is "we'll never be able to fully secure them" some sort of argument against making a greater effort? It isn't. The states along the border, Texas included, have every reason to make a greater effort as the federal government isn't going to make much of an effort at this time.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue 12 May 2015 02:26

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Weed smells like fermenting grass to me, I can't stand it!

Ciggerttes are much the same, but mostly because of how much artificial chemical bullshit they put into that, more natural flavored tobacco like cigars smell a ton better IMHO.

I've never smelled anything close to decomposing grass in trash bags. Never.
But like Fade said, it really depends on the brand.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “Off-Topic”