Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

Kraxis
Major-General

Re: Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

Postby Kraxis » Tue 12 May 2015 02:30

Fade2Gray wrote:
GBNATO wrote:Why would you eat something dry like doritos when the substance you are taking is legendary for drying your mouth out? I never understood that :|

Pothead logic, some of the most amusing stuff ever.

I don't get this "well hard drugs make you lunatic, so they shouldn't be legalized. However, other crazy drugs are legal, but are regulated so it isn't bad."

I can't help but wonder if we actually brought hard drugs off the streets and into actual purpose built clinics what would happen. Who would honestly go rushing off to do crack or meth? Would there be an epidemic? I doubt it, I know I wouldn't touch the same, same for most of you in here. If anything, you'd get a lot off addicts off the streets, away from pushers who are manipulating their consumers, and best yet, you'd have all sorts of help right there. If someone goes "lunatic" or whatever, or starts showing signs of serious addiction or whatever problems that come up, guess what? You could have all sorts of resources right there. None of this pure free market nonsense that people seem to jump to as the end result.

No more addicts out hidden in society, where who knows what will happen next. No more money flowing to gangs and cartels. Decriminalization has shown significant results in reducing drug use, full on legalization and regulation could very well help push those numbers down even more.

No you misunderstand. It is the immediate effect that is bad. People being completely unpredictable. With alcohol you can notice a person who is about to erupt some time ahead. With people on stuff that makes Valkyr sound like a regular drug, not so much. They are incredibly unpleasant to be around exactly because they are unpredictable. I have experienced that enough to not wanting to experience it ever again. And if the only recourse is to administer it while the user is strapped to a table, well then it isn't much of a legalisation is it now? People would then still buy the street variant because it offers freedom.

But otherwise, I think a decriminalisation of other drugs is the way forward. However, as I said, some drugs aren't just the user at risk. And taking such a drug is a reckless act by itself, as such taking it should still be a criminal act.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 12 May 2015 02:33

People can get destructive on weed the same as they get destructive on alcohol.

It's more the mood/personality beforehand, some people just can't help themselves, and you can usually see it coming...

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Tue 12 May 2015 02:35

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:People can get destructive on weed the same as they get destructive on alcohol.

It's more the mood/personality beforehand, some people just can't help themselves, and you can usually see it coming...

That's what I said.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 May 2015 03:07

Kraxis wrote:No you misunderstand. It is the immediate effect that is bad.

Who here is totally clueless about drugs? Who here doesn't think that there are some possible and really bad side effects to hard drugs? Who isn't aware of this? Anyone? I'm pretty sure I'm very much aware of what happens for some people who take hard drugs, possibly more so than some, and I'm willing to bet the majority of people here do as well. I also do not think that anyone in here is thinking that "all drugs are equal" or whatever total nonsense someone is lying about.

With this in mind, yes, we can all agree...

Now, can we bloody well move on to actions to take to possibly reduce drug abuse in society? Enough with trying to lecture about the side effects, I'm sure at the very least we've all sat through school programs educating us on the matters, and thus can skip that now.
Last edited by Fade2Gray on Tue 12 May 2015 03:12, edited 1 time in total.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Tue 12 May 2015 03:09

Those actions certainly wouldn't include decriminalizing/legalizing hard narcotics for starters.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 May 2015 03:10

Darth-Lampshade wrote:Those actions certainly wouldn't include decriminalizing/legalizing hard narcotics for starters.

Somehow I'm not surprised by your ignorance.

Anyways, moving on...

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Tue 12 May 2015 03:12

Fade2Gray wrote:
Darth-Lampshade wrote:Those actions certainly wouldn't include decriminalizing/legalizing hard narcotics for starters.

Anyways, moving on...

Heh, you calling me ignorant. You're truly a laugh riot.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 May 2015 03:19

Darth-Lampshade wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:

Anyways, moving on...

Heh, you calling me ignorant. You're truly a laugh riot.

Portugal.

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Tue 12 May 2015 03:23

Portugal = USA now? That's good to know, somebody should inform the rest of the country.

Do you happen to be one of those sort who believes every crazy thing Scandinavian countries do would work here too?

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Tue 12 May 2015 03:41

I'm curious where the equivalent of Detroit or Gary exists in Portugal. Because I doubt the Portuguese ever had to deal with those kinds of disasters when they were reforming.

Return to “Off-Topic”