Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

Fade2Gray
General

Re: Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 May 2015 03:50

LoneRifle wrote:I'm curious where the equivalent of Detroit or Gary exists in Portugal. Because I doubt the Portuguese ever had to deal with those kinds of disasters when they were reforming.

Are you really trying to summarize Detroit's problems are only drug problems? Are you trying to make it sound like that I think decriminalization would solve everything about Detroit?

Come come now Lone, you sound almost like a certain someone who failed geography.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Tue 12 May 2015 04:13

Someones touchy about Detroit.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 May 2015 04:28

Detroit is my birth town, and its a total disaster. However, the problems with Detroit are far ranging, and trying to use it as an example of why decriminalization wouldn't work is extremely dodgy and lacking.

Despite your weak attempt to dodge out of being called out, I'm perfectly happy to talk about just how jacked up Detroit is.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Tue 12 May 2015 04:34

Detroits a good example of why it wouldn't work. Reforming drug laws would do about 1% of what's needed to actually fix the problems America really needs to be looking at.

Mad22
Lieutenant

Postby Mad22 » Tue 12 May 2015 05:09

LoneRifle wrote:Detroits a good example of why it wouldn't work. Reforming drug laws would do about 1% of what's needed to actually fix the problems America really needs to be looking at.

1% of Americas total problems and increased tax revenue and possible money savings on law enforcement and imprisonment. You have me sold lone. Sign me up for the reform.
HOT SHOTS IS MORE REALISTIC THAN TOP GUN. whats that about?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 May 2015 05:15

Mad22 wrote:
LoneRifle wrote:Detroits a good example of why it wouldn't work. Reforming drug laws would do about 1% of what's needed to actually fix the problems America really needs to be looking at.

1% of Americas total problems and increased tax revenue and possible money savings on law enforcement and imprisonment. You have me sold lone. Sign me up for the reform.

Refresh me if I'm wrong...

but is Lone comparing decriminalization of JUST WEED to the decriminalization of all drugs?

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Tue 12 May 2015 05:49

If you read you might find the answer you seek Fade.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 May 2015 05:49

LoneRifle wrote:If you read you might find the answer you seek Fade.

Provide reading materials then.

edit: There's so many holes in this logic it isn't even funny. Lone, I'm sorry, but you have to do better than this. Considering the conflict between local, state, and federal laws, compared to a country with total decriminalization from top to bottom, yeah, please try again. Maybe Mr. Geography Fail can help you out on this one.

Gronank
Colonel

Postby Gronank » Tue 12 May 2015 13:36

This is a fascinating argument. It is not an argument that it wouldn't accomplish what it set out to do or even that it wouldn't be an improvement. No, the argument is that it wouldn't be enough of an silver bullet to fix all the existing problems to be worth while.

There is realistically no single thing you can do that would fix more than 1% of the "problems America really needs to be looking at", which would explain why those problems still needs looking at.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Tue 12 May 2015 14:38

I think Burn is a great documentary that really depves into some large problems in Detroit, not just in the Detroit Fire Department.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

Return to “Off-Topic”