Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

LoneRifle
Major-General

Re: Texas, WTF? y u do dis?

Postby LoneRifle » Tue 12 May 2015 21:37

Gotta love Fade's "The Cartels will just die when we sign some paper laws into place". I'm sure that's a real condolence to all the Mexicans dying to them everyday. That ought to stop the problems. USA stands by while Fade thumps his chest and goes on about "We took away their income by legalizing Marijuana". He can take a trip to the White House when Obama signs it into law and grin like an idiot in the background while the guy puts pen to paper.

Forgetting that the law of supply and demand still exists, and that the majority of supply is unchanged and still in Mexico. And you can bet the Mafia will expand operations into the States even more once it's been legalized. Oh yea, a real threat to the Cartels.

A real cunning maneuver. Indicative of the leadership from the left these days.

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Tue 12 May 2015 22:06

It is estimated that Cannabis makes up 60% of the Cartels profits, legalize it and straight away you'll make a huge dent.

Bollywood Baloney
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Bollywood Baloney » Tue 12 May 2015 22:12

LoneRifle wrote:Forgetting that the law of supply and demand still exists, and that the majority of supply is unchanged and still in Mexico. And you can bet the Mafia will expand operations into the States even more once it's been legalized. Oh yea, a real threat to the Cartels.

The reason organized crime controls drug production is because of economies of scale. A large organization can produce and smuggle drugs more efficiently than small-time dealers and producers. The key here is not legal possession, but legal production. By legalizing production you remove the need for clandestine production, pulling the rug out from under the cartels.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Tue 12 May 2015 22:14

The cartels won't take it lying down. You can get they will ruthlessly integrate themselves into the "legal" market.

Bollywood Baloney
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Bollywood Baloney » Tue 12 May 2015 22:18

Yes, but if it's legal then anybody can compete and prices come down because you don't have to bend over backwards to hide the operation. Cartels don't specialize in drug production, they specialize in violence. The only reason they are successful is because they can murder anybody who tries to compete. Let's see them take on a pot-growing corporation.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Tue 12 May 2015 22:25

A pot growing corporation would be anathema to pot people. It would be more like a micro-brewery deal I suspect.

Bollywood Baloney
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Bollywood Baloney » Tue 12 May 2015 22:27

I'm sure someone would jump at the opportunity. You don't need to be a pot-smoking loser to grow pot.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 12 May 2015 22:29

LoneRifle wrote:The cartels won't take it lying down. You can get they will ruthlessly integrate themselves into the "legal" market.

people must know who these cartel leaders are so why not see if the local governments would mind if an SDB was dropped on them. (Clear and present danger style) or just napalm drug fields.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 12 May 2015 22:52

LoneRifle wrote:If you can't even spell Detroit right, I doubt you know the first thing about it's problems.

Accidentally typing a letter in its wrong place when in a rush, i bring eternal shame on myself.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Eh, that's more of an excuse by weed worshipers to make booze look like the devil, it's about the same in my experience, booze is just more common.

Not really, 1 of these is a significant damage dealer and easily shown via simple means, such as the NHS, proportionately in the UK people high on weed are in A&E significantly less.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 May 2015 23:26

Vulcan 607 wrote:people must know who these cartel leaders are so why not see if the local governments would mind if an SDB was dropped on them. (Clear and present danger style) or just napalm drug fields.

I've seen one estimate that those who dime out other cartel leaders are rivals making their own power plays. The cartels are so entrenched that simply bombing them isn't going to cut it, as someone else takes over pretty fast.

LoneRifle wrote:Gotta love Fade's "The Cartels will just die when we sign some paper laws into place".

Gotta love Lone's blatant lying and stuffing words into someone else's mouth when his argument falls to pieces. :mrgreen: Show us all on the doll where I touched you Lone, and go ahead and get it out of your system. Let the rage flow. :mrgreen:

LoneRifle wrote:The cartels won't take it lying down. You can get they will ruthlessly integrate themselves into the "legal" market.

You mean like the mob, which was, in your own words, weakened and a fraction of what it once was?

Hrmmmm. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Fade2Gray on Tue 12 May 2015 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Return to “Off-Topic”