Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

User avatar
Doinize
Lieutenant
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue 30 Jul 2013 13:14
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Doinize » Sun 17 May 2015 14:40

Mike wrote:
Rorschach wrote:I hope you're not referring to the cases where police shoot unarmed black people in the back, because those cases deserve to be highly publicised.

Obviously those cases should be commended, but uhh, why does it matter if they're black? A person is a damn person..


Maybe its because police violence seems to be happening disproportionally to ethnic and racial minorites in the US?
"but were all pepole" god i hate that...as long as there is no absoulte equality, that dosnt fly!

Mike wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:That's not true, at least over here.

If a cop does something good, he gets praise in the news, he does something stupid, the news give him s**t.

I mean to me it seems like a cop does a good thing, makes local news. Cop messes up, it's got 24 hour coverage on CNN for a week.


Because a cop messing up usually involes someone innocent dying...thats more than local news i would think...
Image

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Mike » Sun 17 May 2015 15:52

Doinize wrote:
Mike wrote:It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

Ok then
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1093131/Hero-cop-pulls-unconscious-man-burning-car.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/hero-cop/
Yeah you never hear something like that...only when they kill unarmed black pepole...
(I honestly hope thats not what you are referring to with that last part...)


When they start giving that 24 hour coverage on CNN, let me know. People take the police for granted.

And why the hell is it any different if they're white, black, latino, poka dotted pink? A human is a human. Media try to make it a damn race war.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Rorschach
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4237
Joined: Tue 19 Feb 2013 18:57
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Rorschach » Sun 17 May 2015 16:12

Mike wrote:
Doinize wrote:
Mike wrote:It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

Ok then
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1093131/Hero-cop-pulls-unconscious-man-burning-car.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/hero-cop/
Yeah you never hear something like that...only when they kill unarmed black pepole...
(I honestly hope thats not what you are referring to with that last part...)


When they start giving that 24 hour coverage on CNN, let me know. People take the police for granted.

And why the hell is it any different if they're white, black, latino, poka dotted pink? A human is a human. Media try to make it a damn race war.



Because police violence happens disproportionality towards black people?
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

User avatar
Doinize
Lieutenant
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue 30 Jul 2013 13:14
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Doinize » Sun 17 May 2015 16:22

Rorschach wrote:
Mike wrote:When they start giving that 24 hour coverage on CNN, let me know. People take the police for granted.

And why the hell is it any different if they're white, black, latino, poka dotted pink? A human is a human. Media try to make it a damn race war.



Because police violence happens disproportionality towards black people?


Whaaat noooo?!
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/national/department-of-justice-report-on-the-ferguson-mo-police-department/1435/
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/119060/michael-brown-studies-show-racial-bias-police-shootings
Image

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Shrike » Sun 17 May 2015 17:56

Rorschach wrote:Because police violence happens disproportionality towards black people?

According to the news wants the camera to show you what they want to show you and not what really happened to fit whats being marketed toward your audience.
Spoiler : :
Image


Remember when Sars, Bird Flue, Swine Flu, and Ebola were the so called epidemic and the news called all of those things the worst epidemics ever for their time and tried to create the illusion that this virus was spinning out of control? Same thing here. They just report on a few a cases to create an illusion that things are worse than what they really are.

Are there some cops who are discriminatory? Yes. Does that make everyone police officer a black hating racist? No.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Mike » Sun 17 May 2015 18:39

Shrike wrote:Are there some cops who are discriminatory? Yes. Does that make everyone police officer a black hating racist? No.

Exactly. The minority is ruining the image of the majority.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

delfo
Major-General
Posts: 3735
Joined: Wed 6 Aug 2014 19:57
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby delfo » Sun 17 May 2015 18:51

Darth-Lampshade wrote:
delfo wrote:They volunteered to join that profession and they do it on a professional level. Yes we expect firemen and policemen to do their job at a level above that a of a part time volunteer. We didn't put a gun to their loved ones to forcefully conscript them and then drop a can of human waste on their heads for not doing so well.
And it's not "They get paid so bleep them." It's "They willing joined a career that requires as a base level to perform way above the norm for other people so if they fall short of that sack em"
And I see a concern about the overall image of the police on the other side of the Atlantic. Well that is what happens when you have systemic institutional failure all over the country regardless of the state or city. It tends to be perceived as problem of the police force as a system. Rather than an isolated incident. A series of continuing incidents with similar bias is a pattern.


Yet you and others do attempt to drop a can of human waste on their heads by demonizing police as a whole for the failures of some individuals while never acknowledging the necessity of their job or acknowledging the successes.

I don't care what the Europeans think of our police. This "systemic institutional failure" you speak of doesn't have anything to do with the police. The systemic institutional failure is the culture that consistently creates thugs like those that get caught up in most of these incidents. The systemic institutional failure is what enables crooks like Al Sharpton and the other vultures circling overhead. There are some bad cops out there just like you have bad players in every single job in the world. Instead there is this race-baiting narrative fed to us by some aspects of society who seem hell bent on enabling a permanent underclass.


Given the fact that I have seen issues vetting basic things in the police training such as looking at prior record, blatant racism, tendency to use excessive force I'd say it's not the individuals. It's the wholesale failure of the system to prevent bad individuals from getting a badge or riding shotgun in the car. That is why it is a systemic failure.
There's a test for ethnicity in the US these days. It measures how much time you spent talking about there not being racism, number of racism related one liners and referring to subsets of the population in demeaning manner( I believe you said permanent underclass).

PS still don't get why the plastic crap in the chocolate egg can't come with a warning label like children's toys or things that have huge signs "keep away from small children." They also sell bleach in supermarkets and some it has bad packaging and at that age kids would try almost anything. So those come with huge labels.

User avatar
ReverendSpecialK
Warrant Officer
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu 11 Dec 2014 22:10
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby ReverendSpecialK » Sun 17 May 2015 19:30

The Original, Narcissistic Yellow.
Image <-Click Here for More Info!

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Shrike » Sun 17 May 2015 20:37

I'd like to see that test again with an Asian and Hispanic participant as well and targets that include a white guy wearing mostly black.

User avatar
Corsair
Lieutenant
Posts: 1458
Joined: Mon 15 Apr 2013 19:40
Location: FR, FI
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Corsair » Sun 17 May 2015 23:26

[EUG]MadMat wrote:For not only North Korea brings us solace with incredibly absurd news ... :D

I just happen to learn that Kinder Surprise, that little brother of the godly Nutella, is banned from the USA for safety hazard reasons. Indeed, some small children could suffocate if they were to eat the small parts used to build the "surprise" in it. Could make some sense ... but what about children choking on a rifle bullet from one of those guns made just for them?

Apparently, some others in the USA had the same idea ... :D

Image

I promise, next time I will try to find something absurd about France to even things.
Germany already has its wooden MG barrels, and with the British royal family, it would be too easy ... ;)

At least she doesn't have the finger on the trigger !

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests