Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

User avatar
Darth-Lampshade
Captain
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu 10 May 2012 20:12
Location: CT, USA
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Sun 17 May 2015 00:22

Mike wrote:And it only makes news when a cop makes bad judgement calls, never the dozens of times they make life saving ones.

Because it doesn't fit the narrative of "racist oppressive police" that those like Al Sharpton make a living from.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Mike » Sun 17 May 2015 00:51

Darth-Lampshade wrote:
Mike wrote:And it only makes news when a cop makes bad judgement calls, never the dozens of times they make life saving ones.

Because it doesn't fit the narrative of "racist oppressive police" that those like Al Sharpton make a living from.

It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Countess Bathory
Colonel
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun 3 Nov 2013 14:09
Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Countess Bathory » Sun 17 May 2015 01:00

Mike wrote:
Darth-Lampshade wrote:
Mike wrote:And it only makes news when a cop makes bad judgement calls, never the dozens of times they make life saving ones.

Because it doesn't fit the narrative of "racist oppressive police" that those like Al Sharpton make a living from.

It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

I'd imagine the reason it makes the news is that police brutality is uncommon, whereas good police officers performing brave acts is somewhat common.
Image
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 17 May 2015 01:00

Mike wrote:It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.


Never, eh?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/good-cops/

From one of the worst ever liberal places for that matter, huh.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
Doinize
Lieutenant
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue 30 Jul 2013 13:14
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Doinize » Sun 17 May 2015 01:12

Mike wrote:
Darth-Lampshade wrote:
Mike wrote:And it only makes news when a cop makes bad judgement calls, never the dozens of times they make life saving ones.

Because it doesn't fit the narrative of "racist oppressive police" that those like Al Sharpton make a living from.

It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked killed because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

FTFY
Also why should a group be overly praised (which they do get, you just choose to ignore it) for doing thier job right? its thier job, they'd better do it right...
Image

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Mike » Sun 17 May 2015 01:13

Countess Bathory wrote:
Mike wrote:It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

I'd imagine the reason it makes the news is that police brutality is uncommon, whereas good police officers performing brave acts is somewhat common.

They should get more recognition for the good they do if they get the shitstorm they do for the bad imo.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Darth-Lampshade
Captain
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu 10 May 2012 20:12
Location: CT, USA
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Sun 17 May 2015 02:00

Doinize wrote:Also why should a group be overly praised (which they do get, you just choose to ignore it) for doing thier job right? its thier job, they'd better do it right...

Lovely "they get paid for it so **** em" attitude. Feel the same way about firefighters or anybody else?
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

User avatar
Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10588
Joined: Mon 30 Apr 2012 10:18
Location: Battle Born
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Graphic » Sun 17 May 2015 02:33

This forum is so shitty now that I suggest we just have a thread where posters literally measure their dicks and compare sizes.
k

User avatar
Countess Bathory
Colonel
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun 3 Nov 2013 14:09
Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Countess Bathory » Sun 17 May 2015 02:45

Graphic wrote:This forum is so shitty now that I suggest we just have a thread where posters literally measure their dicks and compare sizes.

No point, I'm packing 4 and a half inches, doubt anyone can beat that.
Image
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Hydrashok
Master Sergeant
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu 9 May 2013 00:17
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Hydrashok » Sun 17 May 2015 02:56

I'm just curious, but do all the posters who really seem to dislike the US just want us to bail from the world stage? Hey, if that's what you want there's actually a surprisingly large portion of the US population that's cool with that. Some of the, in my opinion nuttier, politicians have advocated the US withdrawing from organizations such as NATO, the UN, the WHO, the IMF, etc. If we are a civilization that is full of such terrible laws and barbarians in general then it would make sense to go back to the late 1800's - mid 1900's when European powers ran the world and did such a bang up job

I promise no one will even bring up the 77,000,000 to 102,000,000 people who perished in WWI and WW2 the last time you guys were at the helm :roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests