Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Sun 17 May 2015 00:22

Mike wrote:And it only makes news when a cop makes bad judgement calls, never the dozens of times they make life saving ones.

Because it doesn't fit the narrative of "racist oppressive police" that those like Al Sharpton make a living from.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sun 17 May 2015 00:51

Darth-Lampshade wrote:
Mike wrote:And it only makes news when a cop makes bad judgement calls, never the dozens of times they make life saving ones.

Because it doesn't fit the narrative of "racist oppressive police" that those like Al Sharpton make a living from.

It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Sun 17 May 2015 01:00

Mike wrote:
Darth-Lampshade wrote:

It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

I'd imagine the reason it makes the news is that police brutality is uncommon, whereas good police officers performing brave acts is somewhat common.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 17 May 2015 01:00

Mike wrote:It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

Never, eh?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/good-cops/

From one of the worst ever liberal places for that matter, huh.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Sun 17 May 2015 01:12

Mike wrote:
Darth-Lampshade wrote:

It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked killed because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

FTFY
Also why should a group be overly praised (which they do get, you just choose to ignore it) for doing thier job right? its thier job, they'd better do it right...

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun 17 May 2015 01:13

Countess Bathory wrote:
Mike wrote:It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

I'd imagine the reason it makes the news is that police brutality is uncommon, whereas good police officers performing brave acts is somewhat common.

They should get more recognition for the good they do if they get the shitstorm they do for the bad imo.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Sun 17 May 2015 02:00

Doinize wrote:Also why should a group be overly praised (which they do get, you just choose to ignore it) for doing thier job right? its thier job, they'd better do it right...

Lovely "they get paid for it so **** em" attitude. Feel the same way about firefighters or anybody else?
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Graphic

Postby Graphic » Sun 17 May 2015 02:33

This forum is so shitty now that I suggest we just have a thread where posters literally measure their dicks and compare sizes.
k

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Sun 17 May 2015 02:45

Graphic wrote:This forum is so shitty now that I suggest we just have a thread where posters literally measure their dicks and compare sizes.

No point, I'm packing 4 and a half inches, doubt anyone can beat that.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Hydrashok
Master Sergeant

Postby Hydrashok » Sun 17 May 2015 02:56

I'm just curious, but do all the posters who really seem to dislike the US just want us to bail from the world stage? Hey, if that's what you want there's actually a surprisingly large portion of the US population that's cool with that. Some of the, in my opinion nuttier, politicians have advocated the US withdrawing from organizations such as NATO, the UN, the WHO, the IMF, etc. If we are a civilization that is full of such terrible laws and barbarians in general then it would make sense to go back to the late 1800's - mid 1900's when European powers ran the world and did such a bang up job

I promise no one will even bring up the 77,000,000 to 102,000,000 people who perished in WWI and WW2 the last time you guys were at the helm :roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”