Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

User avatar
Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10588
Joined: Mon 30 Apr 2012 10:18
Location: Battle Born
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Graphic » Sun 17 May 2015 03:17

Countess Bathory wrote:Image

I'm packing 4 and a half inches


Image
k

delfo
Major-General
Posts: 3735
Joined: Wed 6 Aug 2014 19:57
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby delfo » Sun 17 May 2015 03:29

Darth-Lampshade wrote:
Doinize wrote:Also why should a group be overly praised (which they do get, you just choose to ignore it) for doing thier job right? its thier job, they'd better do it right...

Lovely "they get paid for it so **** em" attitude. Feel the same way about firefighters or anybody else?


They volunteered to join that profession and they do it on a professional level. Yes we expect firemen and policemen to do their job at a level above that a of a part time volunteer. We didn't put a gun to their loved ones to forcefully conscript them and then drop a can of human waste on their heads for not doing so well.
And it's not "They get paid so bleep them." It's "They willing joined a career that requires as a base level to perform way above the norm for other people so if they fall short of that sack em"
And I see a concern about the overall image of the police on the other side of the Atlantic. Well that is what happens when you have systemic institutional failure all over the country regardless of the state or city. It tends to be perceived as problem of the police force as a system. Rather than an isolated incident. A series of continuing incidents with similar bias is a pattern.

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Shrike » Sun 17 May 2015 03:53

Fade2Gray wrote:
Mike wrote:It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.


Never, eh?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/good-cops/

From one of the worst ever liberal places for that matter, huh.

Most of the comments still contain at least one "If he was black then he'd be on the ground in poll of blood". Police do nice stuff all the time and yet when people here about it, they think its big news like there is 1% of population of good cops when really decent people and that small group is that bad bunch. Still though a better change from the average garbage media likes to pump out.

There is always that group of so called arm chair experts who think they know better than the people who actually do the job. Those guys are toxic.


frostypooky wrote:

MM absent in thread too long, time for me to dump some fuel

Not a fair comparison since the first officer was a city cop and the other was a deputy. The procedure of Metropolis PD might be to stop a question an open suspicious carry person whereas the procedure of County Sheriff is to stop and detain a suspicious carry person.

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 17 May 2015 04:14

I bet MM is lurking this thread like...

Image

I also love how people honestly never think cops get their own "atta boys." Well, I not surprised by a certain induhividual's ignorance and bitching, but eh.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
Darth-Lampshade
Captain
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu 10 May 2012 20:12
Location: CT, USA
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Sun 17 May 2015 04:51

delfo wrote:They volunteered to join that profession and they do it on a professional level. Yes we expect firemen and policemen to do their job at a level above that a of a part time volunteer. We didn't put a gun to their loved ones to forcefully conscript them and then drop a can of human waste on their heads for not doing so well.
And it's not "They get paid so bleep them." It's "They willing joined a career that requires as a base level to perform way above the norm for other people so if they fall short of that sack em"
And I see a concern about the overall image of the police on the other side of the Atlantic. Well that is what happens when you have systemic institutional failure all over the country regardless of the state or city. It tends to be perceived as problem of the police force as a system. Rather than an isolated incident. A series of continuing incidents with similar bias is a pattern.


Yet you and others do attempt to drop a can of human waste on their heads by demonizing police as a whole for the failures of some individuals while never acknowledging the necessity of their job or acknowledging the successes.

I don't care what the Europeans think of our police. This "systemic institutional failure" you speak of doesn't have anything to do with the police. The systemic institutional failure is the culture that consistently creates thugs like those that get caught up in most of these incidents. The systemic institutional failure is what enables crooks like Al Sharpton and the other vultures circling overhead. There are some bad cops out there just like you have bad players in every single job in the world. Instead there is this race-baiting narrative fed to us by some aspects of society who seem hell bent on enabling a permanent underclass.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

User avatar
Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10646
Joined: Sat 24 Mar 2012 18:08
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Mitchverr » Sun 17 May 2015 10:52

Darth, when it comes to cops, people forget they are humans alot, and that if they get consistantly called evil pigs etc, they start to turn cynical and not care like any human would if they were just doing their job, they forget that you need to praise people for doing their job to simply keep them emotionally balanced, this is human nature, theres plenty a study that goes into that.

Its simple, you treat a guy badly for doing their job even if they are not "the bad cop" but are good (ie lump in together problem) they will stop doing their job as well as they did because "whats the point if all i get is abuse", if you actually treated/praised good cops well, then they stay good and others aim for that example because people like to be praised.

The main failure for US police is simply a lack of actual proper training and controls in many areas with a mentality of "protect our own" going up due to every time a cop coughs they get attacked, both those things need addressing.
Image

User avatar
Rorschach
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4237
Joined: Tue 19 Feb 2013 18:57
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Rorschach » Sun 17 May 2015 11:55

Mike wrote:
Darth-Lampshade wrote:
Mike wrote:And it only makes news when a cop makes bad judgement calls, never the dozens of times they make life saving ones.

Because it doesn't fit the narrative of "racist oppressive police" that those like Al Sharpton make a living from.

It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.



I hope you're not referring to the cases where police shoot unarmed black people in the back, because those cases deserve to be highly publicised.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

User avatar
Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General
Posts: 6605
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2012 11:40
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 17 May 2015 12:12

Mike wrote:It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.


That's not true, at least over here.

If a cop does something good, he gets praise in the news, he does something stupid, the news give him s**t.
Image

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12409
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Mike » Sun 17 May 2015 14:32

Rorschach wrote:I hope you're not referring to the cases where police shoot unarmed black people in the back, because those cases deserve to be highly publicised.

Obviously those cases should be commended, but uhh, why does it matter if they're black? A person is a damn person..

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:That's not true, at least over here.

If a cop does something good, he gets praise in the news, he does something stupid, the news give him s**t.

I mean to me it seems like a cop does a good thing, makes local news. Cop messes up, it's got 24 hour coverage on CNN for a week.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Doinize
Lieutenant
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue 30 Jul 2013 13:14
Contact:

Re: Meanwhile, in the mighty USA ...

Postby Doinize » Sun 17 May 2015 14:33

Mike wrote:It really does piss me off though. You don't hear about were a cop pulls a guy out of a burning car, but some guy gets his ass kicked because he thought it was a good idea to run from the police.

Ok then
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1093131/Hero-cop-pulls-unconscious-man-burning-car.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/hero-cop/
Yeah you never hear something like that...only when they kill unarmed black pepole...
(I honestly hope thats not what you are referring to with that last part...)
Image

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 22 guests