Why China Will Not Become the Dominant Power in Asia

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Why China Will Not Become the Dominant Power in Asia

Postby ikalugin » Wed 16 Dec 2015 08:24

I think that mods should enter the thread and moderate it, before it goes too far.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

rex88
Lieutenant
Location: Land of Iced Cappuccino. Why buy a mattress anywhere else?

Postby rex88 » Wed 16 Dec 2015 08:27

ikalugin wrote:
Graphic wrote:-PRC bash and ignorance-

Thread summed up.
I think that mods should enter the thread and moderate it, before it goes too far.

Thank you, yes indeed.
Thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for making this signature.

Graphic

Postby Graphic » Wed 16 Dec 2015 08:28

rex88 wrote:I disagree, if you can't question your basic assumptions

Being free thinking doesn't mean you have to seriously entertain every silly idea people have. I don't waste my time debating people in the comments of Alex Jones videos either, or people that think GMO crops will make you grow a new mouth on your taint.
k

Graphic

Postby Graphic » Wed 16 Dec 2015 08:30

If anything I feel sorry for you.
k

rex88
Lieutenant

Postby rex88 » Wed 16 Dec 2015 08:31

Graphic wrote:
rex88 wrote:I disagree, if you can't question your basic assumptions

Being free thinking doesn't mean you have to seriously entertain every silly idea people have. I don't waste my time debating people in the comments of Alex Jones videos either, or people that think GMO crops will make you grow a new mouth on your taint.

If you can prove it's silly in a proper way, sure. Or you can not engage in discussions with people who you know don't see things your way, that works too. But anyway if you're debating with me then that's a good start. ;)

Graphic wrote:
ikalugin wrote:
Graphic wrote:-PRC bash and ignorance-

Thread summed up.

Says the Chekist neo-noble son of an oligarch that thinks Russia is a strong superpower and not a desolate shithole that's set to go bankrupt in 2017. I guess your ignorance is somewhat understandable since you live in a shielded alternate reality than what ordinary mortals in Russia have to endure. If anything I feel sorry for you.

wow, not nice.

I will try the disengage tactic now. Never let it be said that I didn't give the quiet way a chance.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Wed 16 Dec 2015 08:44

rex88 wrote:I disagree, if you can't question your basic assumptions, how you can call yourself free-thinking? I've seen some of the worst of China, including the police and the pollution, and I've lived in your country too so I can make my own judgement. But since you don't have a track record of being an impossible discussant, I will disagree politely.

Clearly you forgot Tienanmen on the list there. After all, what did the thousands murdered by the state do besides question the basic assumptions that the Communist party should not hold a monopoly on political power? When is the last time China even had Free elections?

You have no say on who makes up the Politburo at all. Your candidates for whatever the lie that is your assembly ia are picked for you by the party. And to top it all off, corruption is so blatant and ingratiated in your so called "1st world" country that it is considered a major political change that a politician is supposedly trying to stop it. You can say as much mumbo jumbo on how Democracy and Communism are compatible as you want, but it won't change the fact that it's a lie.

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Wed 16 Dec 2015 08:50

Graphic wrote:
Says the Chekist neo-noble son of an oligarch that thinks Russia is a strong superpower and not a desolate shithole that's set to go bankrupt in 2017. I guess your ignorance is somewhat understandable since you live in a shielded alternate reality than what ordinary mortals in Russia have to endure. If anything I feel sorry for you.

Calm down comrade, there is no need for that kind of class strugle. I mean I do come from a well of background (3m rubles/month income for the fammily), but I won't call myself a neo-noble (as there are no real nobles here and if there were I won't be a "neo noble", as I could trace my heritage ~500 years back). Nor would I call myself a checkist, as I did not serve in the security apparatus, nor did any of my relatives.

Still, we have only 2 years to go, to find out if you were right, don't we? Plus calling Russia "desolate shithole" is, in my opinon, rather delusional. Sure it is rather desolate (it is a big country afterall), but at the same time it is not a shithole, though I guess perceptions may differ.
As a fammily we did endure 1998 (I am old enough to remember that). And 1992. And 1941. And 1937. And all the others, not excluding 1812. The current situation is not all that dire by comparison. And, after all, it is the tragedy of man - to endure and to believe.
Last edited by ikalugin on Wed 16 Dec 2015 09:32, edited 4 times in total.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

rex88
Lieutenant

Postby rex88 » Wed 16 Dec 2015 09:08

LoneRifle wrote:
rex88 wrote:I disagree, if you can't question your basic assumptions, how you can call yourself free-thinking? I've seen some of the worst of China, including the police and the pollution, and I've lived in your country too so I can make my own judgement. But since you don't have a track record of being an impossible discussant, I will disagree politely.

Clearly you forgot Tienanmen on the list there. After all, what did the thousands murdered by the state do besides question the basic assumptions that the Communist party should not hold a monopoly on political power? When is the last time China even had Free elections?

You have no say on who makes up the Politburo at all. Your candidates for whatever the lie that is your assembly ia are picked for you by the party. And to top it all off, corruption is so blatant and ingratiated in your so called "1st world" country that it is considered a major political change that a politician is supposedly trying to stop it. You can say as much mumbo jumbo on how Democracy and Communism are compatible as you want, but it won't change the fact that it's a lie.

Questioning X has to imply not questioning Y. Assuming by communism I always mean China. Inductive assertions. Insults. Reducing ideas to past governments. Assuming homogeneous national history. More insults.

You can insult as much as you like. Won't do much to prove anything except as a way to prolong the discussion and wait for sympathizers who come in ready to take your side.

They can come as they like and you can keep spewing. No guarantees that I can be here to waste time with you indefinitely as everything that can be said probably has been. No guarantees that I'll stop either, since the last time I offered to stop and give you the last word, you took advantage by unloading a shit ton of fallacies.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Wed 16 Dec 2015 09:26

http://cgsc.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/ ... l8/id/4123

Check out this sweet rip of "U.S. Army-Navy Journal of Recognition, September 1943, number 1 – August 1945, number 24."

Some very cool stuff in here for WWII fans!

guynumber7
Captain

Postby guynumber7 » Wed 16 Dec 2015 11:00

All i can say is that Canada is getting as fucked as Russia is by low oil prices.
youtube.com/guynumber7

wargame vids shall be put up

Return to “Off-Topic”