A divided Europe?

SpeisCheese
Captain

A divided Europe?

Postby SpeisCheese » Mon 13 Jul 2015 23:37

This is getting ridiculous. Germany as always, is responsible for Greece’s problems. The hashtag #thisisacoup is mostly used to criticize Germany’s "destruction of Greece’s national sovereignety". I can understand that the new reforms are harsh, but for a government which can’t be really trusted(unlike Ireland, Spain and Portugal who worked really hard to get along), these reforms are necessary. The most annoying things are all these ’Germany is the 4th Reich’ images, often showing Schaueble and Merkel as Hitler. This is not only stupid, but also shows how Europeans react to these things(there are also a lot of comments from Americans, but aren’t really important here, also most of them don’t even know what is really happening in Greece I guess).

What’s your opinion about this situation?

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: A divided Europe?

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 13 Jul 2015 23:45

Sigh, i dont even want to look at it, seen people saying things like "so the economy is more important then democracy? Why dont they just demand that greece is lead by a dictator instead" obviously leading from the greek vote of no.

Ignoring that the greeks voted no to not not spending money they dont have, ie they voted to keep spending money they dont have, its like if i got together with 10 others and we all voted on if we should have to change our lives to pay back the debt we owe to x bank and all voted no then demanded the bank give us more money so we can continue living in the way we wish to.
Last edited by Mitchverr on Mon 13 Jul 2015 23:49, edited 2 times in total.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Mon 13 Jul 2015 23:46

SpeisCheese wrote:This is getting ridiculous. Germany as always, is responsible for Greece’s problems. The hashtag #thisisacoup is mostly used to criticize Germany’s "destruction of Greece’s national sovereignety". I can understand that the new reforms are harsh, but for a government which can’t be really trusted(unlike Ireland, Spain and Portugal who worked really hard to get along), these reforms are necessary. The most annoying things are all these ’Germany is the 4th Reich’ images, often showing Schaueble and Merkel as Hitler. This is not only stupid, but also shows how Europeans react to these things(there are also a lot of comments from Americans, but aren’t really important here, also most of them don’t even know what is really happening in Greece I guess).

What’s your opinion about this situation?

but EU is the 4th Reich, every russian will tell you that :lol: (jk)
Of Salt

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Mon 13 Jul 2015 23:50

another505 wrote:but EU is the 4th Reich, every russian will tell you that :lol: (jk)

:lol:
Yeah, Russians. Only they can solve our problems, if you know what I mean ;)

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Mon 13 Jul 2015 23:52

Mitchverr wrote:Sigh, i dont even want to look at it, seen people saying things like "so the economy is more important then democracy? Why dont they just demand that greece is lead by a dictator instead" obviously leading from the greek vote of no.

Ignoring that the greeks voted no to not not spending money they dont have, ie they voted to keep spending money they dont have, its like if i got together with 10 others and we all voted on if we should have to change our lives to pay back the debt we owe to x bank and all voted no then demanded the bank give us more money so we can continue living in the way we wish to.

And then the Greeks feel betrayed because they thought problems will get solved with No. Sometimes democracy can’t solve problems if these are financial problems, most likely because the populations doesn’t know enough about economy.

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Mon 13 Jul 2015 23:54

I think Greeces creditors should come to the realisation that Greece will never pay back their money.

Not unless Greece leaves the euro and decided to pay them in drachmas, which in turn the creditors will probably will use to burn the Greek politicians.

All parties want the same thing here, eurozone remains intact, but disagree on how it should continue working. In true Euro compromise fashion, I think Germany will pay more than it would like, Greece gets less than what it wants, and France will have less weight than it had.

So Europe will probably creep along

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Mon 13 Jul 2015 23:59

Yakhont wrote:I think Greeces creditors should come to the realisation that Greece will never pay back their money.

Not unless Greece leaves the euro and decided to pay them in drachmas, which in turn the creditors will probably will use to burn the Greek politicians.

All parties want the same thing here, eurozone remains intact, but disagree on how it should continue working. In true Euro compromise fashion, I think Germany will pay more than it would like, Greece gets less than what it wants, and France will have less weight than it had.

So Europe will probably creep along

Wonder how long the Euro will survive.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Tue 14 Jul 2015 00:00

welcome to the new "the victim can do nothing wrong" culture we live in.