A divided Europe?

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: A divided Europe?

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 14 Jul 2015 00:32

I feel sorry for the young greeks though, they are screwed by the generation before them.

But when people "woe is greece" it just annoys me, they have had all this time to try and do something, and they didnt, it took threats to make them do things and even then limited, hell it took threats to get them to laxen laws so then more shops could open in greece (aka the laws about how only so many pharmacists could exist in x area and for y population numbers and how general shops were in a grey area for selling even headache tables)

Do they actually have any kind of plan for how they will make money, i mean, every other country figured that out by 2010, i have never seen Greece put forward any initiative of "we will do x and do the hell out of it!"

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Tue 14 Jul 2015 00:41

Greece economy can be summed up in fishing, tourism and shipping. All have tough competition and are not exactly lucrative.

All of Greeces problems can be linked to its geography, and it cannot overcome those problems without massive amounts of capital, which no one is willing to provide

That is why it has remained roughly the same economically since an iciest times for hundreds of years

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 14 Jul 2015 00:48

For a country into tourism i have never seen a single advert about going there over the last 6 years, seen tons for Egypt even when the spring was happening and so on.

They have some tough problems of what they can do, i suspect they also have incompetent leaders in charge of it too. I would be if in charge rushing out there getting as many companies to setup cheap holidays to the country as possible, promote the hell out of it and so on, spend what little funding i could possibly get (im sure as hell the EU would be willing to help here given they have massive support for it) into building resort style systems for use, hell get water parks going etc, take what Spain does and try copying it as much as possible.

I am sure i am misjudging them but, honestly they seem to have less tourism attraction and adverts than my home town does in the UK and my home town has a population of about 25000 people. :lol:

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Tue 14 Jul 2015 01:02

The vast amount of money they spend on defense probably isn't helping either :?

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 14 Jul 2015 01:07

GBNATO wrote:The vast amount of money they spend on defense probably isn't helping either :?

QFT

Q efffing T

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Tue 14 Jul 2015 01:15

They'll have to remove kebab on a budget.

Sell off the M48A5s or M60A3s too- there's an empty spot in the backyard that could use some heavy armor. Kinda funny how they're the last Cold War style army in Europe...
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 14 Jul 2015 01:19

Yakhont wrote:I think Greeces creditors should come to the realisation that Greece will never pay back their money.

100% this. This is part of capitalism, if you lend money, you are taking a risk on getting it back plus interest.

Also, I do not get the logic of Greece leaving the Eurozone=Eurozone has failed. Greece has been a mess for decades, booting out just one nation, and a corrupt and fucked up one at that, should not be seen as a failure for the whole.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Tue 14 Jul 2015 01:28

GBNATO wrote:The vast amount of money they spend on defense probably isn't helping either :?

Greece actually tried to cancel some defence contracts a while ago but Germany and France didn't allow it.

Also you spelt defence as "defense" and you consider yourself a proud Brit?
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Tue 14 Jul 2015 01:42

Greece actually tried to cancel some defence contracts a while ago but Germany and France didn't allow it.

True, but they still have one of the bigger armies in Europe. More tanks in active service than Germany, France, or the UK.

They have enough period US gear to pretend to be a CENTAG unit from '81. They drew down, but not as far as everyone else did.
Last edited by Killertomato on Tue 14 Jul 2015 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Postby Countess Bathory » Tue 14 Jul 2015 01:49

Killertomato wrote:

True, but they still have one of the bigger armies in Europe. More tanks in active service than Germany, France, or the UK.

They have enough period US gear to pretend to be a CENTAG unit from '81.

Did you ever see the unit list MadMat made for them back when they were considering a Balkan Wargame? Greece looked pretty cool in that.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

Return to “Off-Topic”