#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Fade2Gray
General

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 24 Jan 2017 06:41

I love how the Zodiac Killer and Polo have turned into lapdogs for Trump. I figured Marco might actually try to fight him, but guess caving in is far easier.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Tue 24 Jan 2017 06:43

https://www.c-span.org/video/?422482-1/president-trump-meets-business-leaders

10 minute Trump conversation with business leaders. Lower business tax from 35% to 15-20%, cut regulations by 75%, impose border tax on companies who outsource jobs and then sell products in America.

My man Elon Musk was two seats to the President's right.

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Holy_crap » Tue 24 Jan 2017 06:49

Solo wrote:https://www.c-span.org/video/?422482-1/president-trump-meets-business-leaders

10 minute Trump conversation with business leaders. Lower business tax from 35% to 15-20%, cut regulations by 75%, impose border tax on companies who outsource jobs and then sell products in America.

Tarrifs are way better than millions in tax cuts if a company threatens to pack it's bags. These manufacturing sector jobs are going to be much needed when the seasonal jobs begin to go away.
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 24 Jan 2017 07:09

Holy_crap wrote:
Solo wrote:https://www.c-span.org/video/?422482-1/president-trump-meets-business-leaders

Tarrifs are way better than millions in tax cuts if a company threatens to pack it's bags. These manufacturing sector jobs are going to be much needed when the seasonal jobs begin to go away.

Seasonal jobs?

And the days of really, really mass unemployment in manufacturing are over. You have 1/5 as many people doing the same amount of work due to automation. I see it here every day. Unless trump makes an anti-robot law, that's not going away...

And 'cut regulations by 75%.' There's a nice statement that means nothing. What regulations are in the 75%? The 40-hour week? OSHA? Air pollution standards? Crash safety standards?
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 24 Jan 2017 07:14

While machine labor has its perks, there is question of what do we do with an un-employable work force?

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 24 Jan 2017 07:16

Shrike wrote:While machine labor has its perks, there is question of what do we do with an un-employable work force?

So far we've managed to dodge the question, but not everyone can be an engineer or a doctor or one of the continually shrinking group of jobs that machines can't do.

Quebec is trying a universal basic income to replace welfare.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Tue 24 Jan 2017 07:46

People being paid to sit around with no strings attached? I'm sure nothing can go wrong with that... Welfare in-theory provides incentive for the person to go out and find work which is supposed to be one of the objectives of such things.

Anyway I must say I regret missing the reactions that must have occurred here on November 9th. I don't even like Trump nor did I expect him to win the nomination, nor win the election, but the amount of butthurt this election has generated is comedic gold. Are pointless protests still going on? Haven't had much time to watch the news today.

Really not much is going to change for the middle class regardless of who gets elected these days. The Apocalypse hasn't occurred yet nor is it likely to because of Trump. But the upcoming years ought to be entertaining.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Holy_crap » Tue 24 Jan 2017 08:03

Killertomato wrote:
Holy_crap wrote:

Seasonal jobs?

And the days of really, really mass unemployment in manufacturing are over. You have 1/5 as many people doing the same amount of work due to automation. I see it here every day. Unless trump makes an anti-robot law, that's not going away...

And 'cut regulations by 75%.' There's a nice statement that means nothing. What regulations are in the 75%? The 40-hour week? OSHA? Air pollution standards? Crash safety standards?

Generally, seasonal jobs are the winter-early spring sort of retail and basic services kind of thing, and it's why job reports are always cheery in late Q3, Q4.

By companies simply opening up factories, it employs people. Automation is currently an expensive yet every-expanding and ever-reduicijg in price sort of method of manufacture (not really manufacturing anymore either lol). For precedent, the agricultural industry used to employ some 40% of the American workforce in 1900; now it's less than 5% or something because of the development of larger machines and drones. So too will factories that employ people be replaced by "lights-out" autooplants where machines work tirelessly to churn out whatever product consumers want. The price of efficiency is the labor force, but mass automation is still in its growing stages and can't compete to make low end products.

/Ramble

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Tue 24 Jan 2017 08:07

People still got to maintain those robots until they learn to do that themselves (and build themselves and then become self-aware and enslave humanity).
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Holy_crap » Tue 24 Jan 2017 08:13

Darth-Lampshade wrote:People still got to maintain those robots until they learn to do that themselves (and build themselves and then become self-aware and enslave humanity).

There is a factory in Japan that is run purely by robots save for some technicians

Very popular idea growing in the US as machines become ever cheaper and more efficient. Next stage of revolution is upon us, but Vietnamese sweatshops still can craft shitty shoes for a cheaper price for now as the gap between the machine and the worker shrinks.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1037666065632825628 ~ 2002
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/201 ... /23143259/

Return to “Off-Topic”