#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Fade2Gray
General

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 25 Jan 2017 05:32

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/ ... l?adkey=bn

I wonder just how big of an intervention is going to happen if Trump is serious on this?
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 25 Jan 2017 05:55

Fade2Gray wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/donald-trump-chicago-carnage/index.html?adkey=bn

I wonder just how big of an intervention is going to happen if Trump is serious on this?

It's been done before. 2000 guys from 7 ID and 1500 Marines from Pendleton were deployed to LA back in 1992.

That was to support locals in suppressing a specific incident, though. This isn't that, and sending federal troops in (as opposed to FBI/DEA/etc agents) would probably be a very bad idea.

Also, if Alex Jones wasn't so invested in Trump, that tweet would make his head explode.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 25 Jan 2017 06:14

Killertomato wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/donald-trump-chicago-carnage/index.html?adkey=bn

It's been done before. 2000 guys from 7 ID and 1500 Marines from Pendleton were deployed to LA back in 1992.

That was to support locals in suppressing a specific incident, though. This isn't that, and sending federal troops in (as opposed to FBI/DEA/etc agents) would probably be a very bad idea.

I know, also I'm curious to just how long the intervention would be, and what other forms it would take. You would need a serious long term law enforcement investment, plus one helluva economic/jobs program to give an alternative to joining gangs.

That is, of course, if you want to effect real improvement and not just go Mission Accomplished real quick.

Killertomato wrote:Alex Jones

Yes yes, his interview with The Zodiac Killer is amusing. Even Rubio is on the Trump Train it seems now. Whatever, Alex Jones loves RT now so eh, hypocrisy is an all too common human trait.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Wed 25 Jan 2017 07:46

If ever a city needed intervention because the local leadership has screwed the pooch, its Chiraq.

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed 25 Jan 2017 08:53

LoneRifle wrote:If ever a city needed intervention because the local leadership has screwed the pooch, its Chiraq.

More people died in Chicago in 2016 than US troops killed and wounded in ODS.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Wed 25 Jan 2017 10:15

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Zuck ... 867256.php
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-zucker ... ii-estate/
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/19/mark-zuc ... -sale.html
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... uai-estate

Zuckerberg is truly a disgusting person and a hypocrite. What happened to only people with bad intentions have secrets to hide? What are you hiding Mark?

Speaking of privacy, Obama never shot down the patriot act like he said he would in 2008. Calling it now, people are going to complain about Trump using government surveillance down the road.

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Wed 25 Jan 2017 10:42

Mark Zuckerberg has always been an unethical creep despite how he may try to portray himself.

I've been wondering if/how the Democrats are going to reform post-Trump. Possibly move away from the identity politics and more towards the center on a whole lot of issues? Yet it seems like the party wants to double down on the same tactics judging from what people like Boynton "my job is to shut white people down" Brown say.

Just keep calling all their opponents deplorable, that will get them votes for sure...
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 25 Jan 2017 11:35

Chicago needs something to happen, but god damn i hope they dont send troops, I hope he means send in a federal authority to take charge of the situation and give significant funds to help build and support a network of aid that goes in door to door finding people whom are in need of help and to give them what they need, thus reducing how little people have, reducing gangs, reducing crime to get the money needed to get things like food etc and reducing overall issues.

But its trump, that makes to much sense, it will be troops.

Shrike wrote:Zuckerberg is truly a disgusting person and a hypocrite. What happened to only people with bad intentions have secrets to hide? What are you hiding Mark?

Thats how all these types act when it comes to other people but when its themself, ohhhh no, cant do that, its like how UK MPs voted in that damn "we can see everything you do" bill, just making sure to add on "cannot do this to politicians, they are exempt", but in the case of the MPs, with all the crap coming to light, they likely have more to hide than the rest of us combined....

Darth-Lampshade wrote:Mark Zuckerberg has always been an unethical creep despite how he may try to portray himself.

I've been wondering if/how the Democrats are going to reform post-Trump. Possibly move away from the identity politics and more towards the center on a whole lot of issues? Yet it seems like the party wants to double down on the same tactics judging from what people like Boynton "my job is to shut white people down" Brown say.

Just keep calling all their opponents deplorable, that will get them votes for sure...

JusticeDemocrats seems to be something that could be a good thing to back in taking over the dem party from what i can tell.

I say seems, it can always change/be stuff i aint seen.
Last edited by Mitchverr on Wed 25 Jan 2017 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 25 Jan 2017 11:39

Mike wrote:
LoneRifle wrote:If ever a city needed intervention because the local leadership has screwed the pooch, its Chiraq.

More people died in Chicago in 2016 than US troops killed and wounded in ODS.

Send in the Iraqi army to sort it out then. Minimal casualties all around. :lol:

Darth-Lampshade wrote:I've been wondering if/how the Democrats are going to reform post-Trump. Possibly move away from the identity politics and more towards the center on a whole lot of issues? Yet it seems like the party wants to double down on the same tactics judging from what people like Boynton "my job is to shut white people down" Brown say.

I'm actually wondering if they'll mirror the Labour party over here and swing towards the traditional left. I know that the whole Social Democracy thing is desperately unpopular in the US but I still see ideological polarisation increasing rather than decreasing over the next few years.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Wed 25 Jan 2017 11:41

Our former PM passed the GCSB bill which allowed foreign spying on our civilians without permission or a just reason, during the protests opposing this bill, someone released one of those "floating shark" things over his beach house fence and he complained about people breaching his privacy.

It's amazing how people suddenly change their tone once some starts/stops affecting them!

Return to “Off-Topic”