#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

D-M

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby D-M » Thu 26 Jan 2017 04:41

Fade2Grey wrote:For all the backlash I'm getting I'm not seeing anything else remotely sensible being suggested to fix problem communities, only more weak half measures that will only maintain the status quo. Screw that, it's time for something new no matter how extreme some may think of it.

Like a 1,954 miles long wall ? :>

Cheesehead
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cheesehead » Thu 26 Jan 2017 04:50

The whole calling in the army basically comes down to if the national guard is federalized or not. If they are, it becomes somewhat of a slippery slope even though there is some historical precedence for it. (I.E calling in troops to bust strikes, etc.. ) If the IL governor calls in the guard, that it would still be relatively normal since that tends to happen on a fairly regular basis for even the smallest disasters or crisis. Best bet would be to incentivize the state government to call up the guard if some sort of military presence is really desired though civilian agencies would be the best overall option.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 26 Jan 2017 05:18

D-M wrote:
Fade2Grey wrote:For all the backlash I'm getting I'm not seeing anything else remotely sensible being suggested to fix problem communities, only more weak half measures that will only maintain the status quo. Screw that, it's time for something new no matter how extreme some may think of it.

I can think of a better investment of 14 billion dollars. Like bridges and roads. Hell, one proposed bridge replacement and road expansion project in my local area is estimated to cost 1.9-2.3 BILLION dollars. (Once the complete project is over.)

Not to mention tolls of a new tunnel won't expire til 2070, when I'm 74 years old.
Last edited by Mike on Thu 26 Jan 2017 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Thu 26 Jan 2017 05:23

frostypooky wrote:NYC went from 2k~ murders a year to 300 without calling in national guard. I'm pretty sure Chicago, sitting at an avg of like 500 a year for the last few yerars, can be solved without warping standing values in a solution that could create more problems.

Clearly, the better solution is to ignore every longstanding concern about government overreach and the military's role in police work because we're magical Americans who have an anti-tyranny force field.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 26 Jan 2017 05:32

D-M wrote:

Hey, KBR needs some love as well.

Mike wrote:I can think of a better investment of 14 billion dollars. Like bridges and roads. Hell, one proposed bridge replacement and road expansion project in my local area is estimated to cost 1.9-2.3 BILLION dollars. (Once the complete project is over.)

Not to mention tolls of a new tunnel won't expire til 2070, when I'm 74 years old.

Mexico is going to pay for it! Just not right now...
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Thu 26 Jan 2017 09:23

Spencer actually got punched twice and his face is the funniest fucking thing...

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Thu 26 Jan 2017 11:09

The left staying classy as usual.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 26 Jan 2017 11:12

Darth-Lampshade wrote:The left staying classy as usual.

Hey bro, i could swear at least 2 leftists here have been very vocal on these things in condemning, should say authoritarian left because lets be frank, thats whom it is, authoritarians are those that silence people and then use violence to do so(on both sides). Its like saying all the right staying classy because Pence.

Unless some theories here are right and anyone whom speaks about personal freedom is a righty :lol:

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Thu 26 Jan 2017 12:00

Darth-Lampshade wrote:The left staying classy as usual.

[Insert class conciousness joke here]

Yeah i think edgelords promoting ethnic cleansing are to be fought on every level...
Sorry i guess...

Ripa' Moramee
Master Sergeant

Postby Ripa' Moramee » Thu 26 Jan 2017 13:30

Doinize wrote:[Insert class conciousness joke here]

Yeah i think edgelords promoting ethnic cleansing are to be fought on every level...
Sorry i guess...

That may be so, but violence is never the answer
I live for the flame war

Return to “Off-Topic”