#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Admiral Piett » Wed 17 May 2017 19:28

frostypooky wrote:Speaking of Erdogan

https://mobile.twitter.com/VOANews/stat ... 7215171584

Turkish ambassador's residence security staff went berserk on protesters

Good to see Erdogan is exporting his thuggery.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 17 May 2017 21:13

Did Trump seriously just bitch/cry about how he's being treated by, well, damn near everyone?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politics/ ... index.html
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Wed 17 May 2017 21:46

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C__Rz1GVwAA6NDB.jpg:large

lol. "he's not akshyually a demagogue"

Comey hearing next Wednesday

also, Sheriff Clarke appointed as assistant secretary in DHS. lol. still subject to a confirmation and im not sure he will survive.

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Wed 17 May 2017 22:34

Why would Trump ask Comey to "let this go" in February if Flynn was already cleared in January? That seems very off as far as the timetable goes. Let what go?

Also, Comey would be committing a Felony if he never reported this information. (To my understanding) It doesn't pass my initial smell test. :?

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 17 May 2017 22:38

Fade2Gray wrote:Did Trump seriously just bitch/cry about how he's being treated by, well, damn near everyone?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politics/ ... index.html

Snowflake!
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Wed 17 May 2017 22:40

Iris wrote:Also, Comey would be committing a Felony if he never reported this information.

Well, he did write memos for the FBI and passed the information on the Justice Department.

Details of Comey’s notes have been shared with a very small circle of people at the FBI and Justice Department, these people said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Wed 17 May 2017 22:51

Iris wrote:Why would Trump ask Comey to "let this go" in February if Flynn was already cleared in January? That seems very off as far as the timetable goes. Let what go?

Flynn was (and is to this day IIRC) being investigated under FISA, and that warrant came after his latest periodic clearance reinvestigation (eg his Oct periodic investigation closed out before it was found he misled on his connections to Erdogan and Putin, and didnt properly report his trips to Russia). the timetable is that Trump asked this the day after Flynn was fired. Trump would ask Comey to let this go because, presumably, in Trump logic his firing means he should no longer be a potential burden for the administration and Comey as a matter of loyalty should use the firing as an excuse to get it dropped.

January 24th: FBI agents interview Flynn at the White House. Fynn, as Yates revealed Monday, does not have a lawyer present during questioning.

January 25th: Yates is briefed on the interview by the agents who conducted it.

January 26th: Yates requests a meeting with White House counsel Don McGahn; it takes place in his office that afternoon. Yates recalled in her testimony this week, "I told them again that there were a number of press accounts of statements that had been made by the vice president and other high-ranking White House officials about Gen. Flynn's conduct that we knew to be untrue."

January 27th: Yates returns to Don McGahn's office at his request. "One of the questions that Mr. McGahn asked me when I went back over the second day was, essentially, 'Why does it matter to DOJ if one White House official lies to another White House official?'" Yates recalled. "And so we explained to him, it was a whole lot more than that, and went back over the same concerns that we had raised with them the prior day, that the concern first about the underlying conduct itself, that he had lied to the vice president and others, the American public had been misled.

"And then, importantly, that every time this lie was repeated and the misrepresentations were getting more and more specific as they were coming out. Every time that happened, it increased the compromise and to state the obvious, you don't want your national security advisor compromised with the Russians," she added.

January 30th: Yates calls McGhan to let him know he could review the underlying evidence against Flynn. Later that day, she announces that the Department of Justice will not enforce Trump's travel ban. She is fired that night.

February 9th: Mike Pence learns for the first time, according to media reports, that Flynn misled him about his conversations with the Russian ambassador.

February 10th: Asked about the reports Flynn discussed sanctions with Kislyak, Trump replies, "I don't know about that. I haven't seen it," and promises he'll "look into" the matter.

February 13th: Michael Flynn resigns.

The sources said that Comey was so appalled by the request from Trump, at an Oval Office meeting on February 14, that he wanted to document it in order to share his recollections of the encounter with senior FBI officials.

Also, Comey would be committing a Felony if he never reported this information. (To my understanding) It doesn't pass my initial smell test

see last date on timeline above

also, worth including the full alleged quote at this point:

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

it's alot clearer than "let it go" and just does not look good with the Trump on air saying he was "sick of the Russia thing" as a reason for firing Comey, combined with other anon allegations made about Trump's statements, and Yates on oath and with some papertrail saying her warnings were effectively ignored.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Thu 18 May 2017 00:09

more light at the end of the tunnel for this national and security nightmare:

Department of Justice names former FBI director Mueller as a special counsel for investigation into Russian info warfare in election+Trump campaign collusion with Russia.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fly ... ad-n761256

Former Trump aides Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort have emerged as key figures in the FBI's investigation into Russian campaign interference, which has just been taken over by a special counsel, four law enforcement officials told NBC News.

Officials say multiple grand jury subpoenas and records requests have been issued in connection with the two men during the past six months

Manafort is pretty cut and dry, from public evidence released by Ukraine and from hints from the leaked texts of his elder daughter, he was 99% on financial record laundering Russian money for Yanukovych and doing shady stuff in the US. it was simply a mistake for Trump to pick him up, and to Trump's credit he did fire him the day that the Ukrainian financial records were revealed.

Flynn it seems said far more than just the December phone conversations. not surprising, his authoritarian turn and strange contacts started 3 years ago.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Thu 18 May 2017 03:35

so much news

transcript of Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy roughly discussing Ru issues in June 2016

- discussing Ukraine, nothing noteworthy but it more or less reinforces the US line that we did not really back a coup and we were just reacting as events unfolded to see whether Ukraine's anti-corruption movement would be successful

- discussing Ru backing of populists in the West

- confirm Russian compromise of DNC server nearly four weeks before Seth Rich was even a thing

- ending with a joke about how Trump is funded by Putin

[note: McCarthy's spokesman is saying that last line was just a joke now that the transcript has been outed, but Evan McMullin, a former CIA R-turned-independent who was at this meeting, is implying it wasnt]
Last edited by frostypooky on Thu 18 May 2017 04:51, edited 3 times in total.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 18 May 2017 04:07

So explain like I'm an ignorant foreigner.

What does all this exactly mean, and what is the likely result of what's happening?

Return to “Off-Topic”