#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Admiral Piett » Thu 14 Dec 2017 23:37

There is no sensible argument for getting rid of it. It is anti-competitive. The only people that want it gone are ISPs and ultra-partisan idiots that would shoot themselves if a GOP newsletter told them to.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Fri 15 Dec 2017 00:24

Now to see which company will be the first to offer premium memberships for "exclusive" content.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 15 Dec 2017 01:19

StalkerDellaNote wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/14/politics/net-neutrality-latest/index.html

Remember when the Republican party stood for low government oversight and free enterprise? I 'member! Oh I fuckin' 'member.. Funny how that works.. I get the whole rolling back regulations, all-in-all that's what the whole net neutrality thing was.. A regulation.. But seriously? It's one of those things you'd swear the old republican party would've stood for

Bougnas wrote:I don't really understand the reason why they wanted to remove this. Is this only because it was made under Obama?

Or was it for a good reason?

There were a lot of discussions on r/t_d about NN as well. Some elements of the left over hyped these discussions into "massive and insane infighting" (no it wasn't, it was actually serious and reasonable discussions, and trolling was pretty low), but for awhile it seems that there was a fairly even split on those who were pro-NN and those who were anti-NN. Pro-NN argued things like "if the internet wasn't free and open like it is now, there's no way Don would have made it." Anti-NN argued things like "it will bust up monopolies that all these globalists set up."

Nowadays however it seems like the anti NN crowd on r/t_d has won. I don't see too many pro NN Trumpers commenting.

Oh well, I've been watching that sub too much as of late, it's depressing. I'm going back to the Wendy's Twitter team AMA thread, it's fucking hilarious.

Shrike wrote:At least Franken resigned and apologized, but man those people defending Moore to the death are nuts.

Defending an admitted pedophile no less, and one is not giving up because... well...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... r-our-land

watch the video. tl;dr, Teahadist theocractic nonsense.

Republicans 2016: WE CAN'T ALLOW THESE TRANS PEDOPHILES INTO THE BATHROOMS!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

Republicans 2017: WE NEED A PEDOPHILE TO DEFEND US AGAINST THE GLOBALISTS!

edit: Found this about anti-NN.
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/com ... wn_of_the/

I guess we're supposed to have faith in the government for stepping in if corporations overreach? This seems... bizarre. Basically instead of the law being blatantly DO NOT DO THIS we take their word that they will not do it, and if they do? Then the law will be changed?

I don't even... the crowd that screams "DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT" is now going to trust the government? Yeah, I think I know exactly why.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 15 Dec 2017 02:32

Fade2Gray wrote:Teahadist

Hah, never head that before!

Oh my god, that speech...

"OUR NATION IS BEING RUINED CAUSE SOME PEOPLE LIKE HAVING PENIS IN THEIR MOUTHS!!!!!!111!!!1"

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 15 Dec 2017 05:34

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Teahadist

Hah, never head that before!

I didn't come up with it, but it fits perfectly.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 15 Dec 2017 19:42

Fade2Gray wrote:There were a lot of discussions on r/t_d about NN as well. Some elements of the left over hyped these discussions into "massive and insane infighting" (no it wasn't, it was actually serious and reasonable discussions, and trolling was pretty low), but for awhile it seems that there was a fairly even split on those who were pro-NN and those who were anti-NN. Pro-NN argued things like "if the internet wasn't free and open like it is now, there's no way Don would have made it." Anti-NN argued things like "it will bust up monopolies that all these globalists set up."

Nowadays however it seems like the anti NN crowd on r/t_d has won. I don't see too many pro NN Trumpers commenting.

Oh well, I've been watching that sub too much as of late, it's depressing. I'm going back to the Wendy's Twitter team AMA thread, it's fucking hilarious.

Lot of anti-NN on the self proclaimed centerist/center left subreddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/neoliberal/com ... eutrality/

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 16 Dec 2017 06:45

Shrike wrote:Lot of anti-NN on the self proclaimed centerist/center left subreddit

Ahh yes, /r/Neoliberal, the "You should thanks us for sweatshops" subreddit, a "Centralist" subreddit

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sat 16 Dec 2017 08:04

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Shrike wrote:Lot of anti-NN on the self proclaimed centerist/center left subreddit

Ahh yes, /r/Neoliberal, the "You should thanks us for sweatshops" subreddit, a "Centralist" subreddit

They also have a really disgusting stance and Contradictory stance on Automation. I've seen them argue that the work force should all become programmers, yet they called free college a handout to white upper males and instead advocated they more people should go to trade schools. Which most of the trade schools teach things that can be automated or are soon to be automated. Also while you can probably self teach yourself to program, some people don't have the patience for it and a lot of employers are looking for younger people with a college degree. I get that automation is economically efficient, but I am extremely skeptical the the working class is going to get a good deal from it.

Other that, I am convinced most of them are urban out of touch upper middle class elitists. Then again... it is the subreddit that defends sweat shops, worships Macron/Ben Bernanke, shits on labor unions and pro consumer policies, fantasizes about a centralized Europe while ironically shitting on nationalists, defended the Briggs Plan, calls T_D a circle jerk why crying constantly about how a populist like Bernie made Hillary lose, and much more.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 17 Dec 2017 00:09

Today I learned that some Republicans unironically think Herman Cain could've beaten Obama.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 18 Dec 2017 03:21

The memes just will not stop. Whether its Ted Cruz trying to label liberalism the "work of Darth Vader" or Vince McMahon maybe bringing back the XFL because "fuck kneeling", there's just no end to this madness.

On a more serious note, I'd like to give a special shout out to Pope Francis. Dude never fails to be relevant and thoughtful. If only he had a better grasp of the English language, a fair number more Americans would actually take him seriously. I grew up under Pope John Paul the II, when he gave in English he could really get into it with how well he grasped it. That being said, I think Pope Francis could be the next Great Pope.

Return to “Off-Topic”