#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Fri 18 Sep 2015 03:11

Mitchverr wrote:No, they just try to make it so gays are illegal again (like in a theocratic government because the bible says they be ew, easily looked up), try to make abortion illegal because again the bible, try to make it so then x, y z are illegal based off the bible and so on even if the constitution holds it as a protected right.

This again? Not everything is some massive conspiracy against the gays. I'm sure that fact must disappoint those gays who spend their lives in some bizarre competition to be society's greatest victim. And what in specific are you saying is protected under the Constitution? Abortion?

They are theocratic in all but name in many aspects, when they say "i want x because bible" and ignore their constitution or other peoples religious beliefs but only their own is valid that is theocratic belief, take it from somebody whom still has a partially theocratic government :lol:

Your common Republican Senator isn't exactly the equivalent of Ayatollah Khomeieni. I'm not certain where you derive that image from but to generalize the entire party with it is foolish.

(i mean seriously, these guys are like the bishops/other religious leaders in my government more often then not, hell, my bishops are LESS bible thumping sometimes lol)

Who are these guys in specific?

Fade2Gray wrote:The Bible thumping bit is probably going to be Trump's big weakness. I have the feeling that Carson's surge was him directly calling out the evangelical crowd and basically saying that "I'm more Jesus than he is." Support Trump over me? You obviously don't care about Jesus.

Trump's greatest weakness is that he is short on ideas. He is popular now because of the rage that (rightfully) exists for the political class and state of politics here in the US. But chances are that sometime between now and November 2016 his playbook will stop working for him.

Bernie Sanders is much the same for the left. Personality wise they are entirely different, one is that weird crazy senator from Vermont and the other is an eccentric billionaire with a big mouth. Yet their popularity is derived from discontent both from the general public and within their own parties.

Evangelicals are a dying breed, but they still have more than enough political clout to put massive influence into the GOP. Trump may well have to up his "Jesus game" if he wants to keep up.

It's quite odd how the evangelical boogeyman those on the left like to complain about is constantly cycling between an all-powerful political steamroller and a irrelevant dying breed to be ignored. :roll: Whatever fits the weekly narrative.

But expecting consistency from them would be like expecting them to correctly illustrate the concept of irony. :lol:
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Fri 18 Sep 2015 03:19

Darth-Lampshade wrote:Your common Republican Senator isn't exactly the equivalent of Ayatollah Khomeieni. I'm not certain where you derive that image from but to generalize the entire party with it is foolish.

That's a bit like comparing the pope in the 15th century to an HRE prince on the outside bench of the diet. It sounds fun but it doesn't really say much about religion as the position of one is almost absolutist while the other has to juggle politics and benefactors and opinions in two vastly different systems.

And it mixes up Dogma with belief and or simulated belief. Just not a good analogy to illustrate a point at all concerning fanatic zeal or deep held religious notions.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 18 Sep 2015 03:45

Darth-Lampshade wrote:
Evangelicals are a dying breed, but they still have more than enough political clout to put massive influence into the GOP. Trump may well have to up his "Jesus game" if he wants to keep up.

It's quite odd how the evangelical boogeyman those on the left like to complain about is constantly cycling between an all-powerful political steamroller and a irrelevant dying breed to be ignored. :roll: Whatever fits the weekly narrative.

I don't recall ever mentioning that evangelicals are a "steamroller." Are they a solid group that tends to vote as a block? Yup, but a steamroller? If you are trying to subtly cram into my mouth more words that I've never used....

*shrugs* again I'm not surprised.

That being said, evangelicals are a dying breed. I've been pretty constant on that for years. It is a slow and steady process, and its happening. It doesn't take a "fedora" to point out the blatantly obvious. :mrgreen:

Darth-Lampshade wrote:But expecting consistency from them would be like expecting them to correctly illustrate the concept of irony. :lol:

So you are trying to cram words into my mouth again, what a shock. Maybe it is just you trying to twist what I say, again? Quote me, using exact words, where I said evangelicals are a steamroller. I'm sure I'll get a quick response on this blatant lie. :mrgreen:
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 18 Sep 2015 04:12

Fade2Gray wrote:So you are trying to cram words into my mouth again, what a shock. Maybe it is just you trying to twist what I say, again? Quote me, using exact words, where I said evangelicals are a steamroller. I'm sure I'll get a quick response on this blatant lie. :mrgreen:

Fade2Gray wrote:evangelicals are a steamroller

There.

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Fri 18 Sep 2015 04:19

LoneRifle wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:So you are trying to cram words into my mouth again, what a shock. Maybe it is just you trying to twist what I say, again? Quote me, using exact words, where I said evangelicals are a steamroller. I'm sure I'll get a quick response on this blatant lie. :mrgreen:

There.

Wait.

What?

You quoted the same post twice in an attempt to make a joke, right? I ask this sincerely: the back and forth has sapped me of my ability to detect sarcasm.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 18 Sep 2015 04:21

libbmaster wrote:
LoneRifle wrote:

There.

Wait.

What?

You quoted the same post twice in an attempt to make a joke, right? I ask this sincerely: the back and forth has sapped me of my ability to detect sarcasm.

Way to ruin it.

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Fri 18 Sep 2015 04:24

Fade2Gray wrote:I don't recall ever mentioning that evangelicals are a "steamroller." Are they a solid group that tends to vote as a block? Yup, but a steamroller? If you are trying to subtly cram into my mouth more words that I've never used....

*shrugs* again I'm not surprised.

So you individually represent "those on the left now" in their entirety? Considering your own habit of cramming words into the mouths of others surely you can make a better accusation than that. :lol:

That being said, evangelicals are a dying breed. I've been pretty constant on that for years. It is a slow and steady process, and its happening. It doesn't take a "fedora" to point out the blatantly obvious. :mrgreen:

The fedora is the only reason you think this is a "slow and steady" process versus a complex dynamic which sees groups of all kinds change in number and makeup. :roll:

So you are trying to cram words into my mouth again, what a shock. Maybe it is just you trying to twist what I say, again? Quote me, using exact words, where I said evangelicals are a steamroller. I'm sure I'll get a quick response on this blatant lie. :mrgreen:

Considering your track record you really should stop crying that I've stuffed words into your mouth especially when I've done no such thing. But I retract what I said about consistency. The left, including yourself, is very consistent when it comes to displaying their own hypocrisy. :lol:
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Fri 18 Sep 2015 04:27

LoneRifle wrote:Way to ruin it.

Sorrry :oops:

I just can't keep track anymore so I had to ask...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 18 Sep 2015 04:55

libbmaster wrote:

LOL, good grief dude, it isn't hard to fake a quote.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 18 Sep 2015 05:17

Fade2Gray wrote:
libbmaster wrote:

LOL, good grief dude, it isn't hard to fake a quote.

Yeah, like this one!

Fade2Gray wrote: I love big black clock!
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “Off-Topic”