#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby frostypooky » Thu 5 Nov 2015 03:52

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/def ... n=politics

DOD spent $53 million on marketing and advertising contracts with sports teams from 2012 to 2015, the report found, but that also included legitimate ad campaigns such as stadium signs and social media mentions. However, it also included $6.8 million in contracts that contained activities the senators considered "inappropriate" patriotism for profit.

“Americans deserve the ability to assume that tributes for our men and women in military uniform are genuine displays of national pride, which many are, rather than taxpayer-funded DOD marketing gimmicks,” the report said.

The NFL’s Atlanta Falcons took more money from DOD than any other professional sports franchise. From 2012 to 2015, the Falcons received $879,000 from the Georgia Army National Guard for assorted promotions. The New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills and Baltimore Ravens each received at least $500,000 for similar activities over that span.

its small change, but fuck this. this wasted money is enough to, for example, retain specialty bonuses or enlistment/reenlistment bonuses in several fields for those years. all so we can do tacky sports budweiser support the heroes bullshit. and then the branches want to whine to congress about how sequestration was 2much2handle and they must handle mean new Putin and need more minerals. lol
Last edited by frostypooky on Thu 5 Nov 2015 04:06, edited 1 time in total.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 5 Nov 2015 04:03

^ anyone do anything for free? IIRC there were a few celebs in the UK who got a public insult bath for demanding money to do things while some others did it free of charge and got major support, if anyone comes out now as doing this stuff for free i suspect they will get alot of public love.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Thu 5 Nov 2015 04:10

Mitchverr wrote:^ anyone do anything for free? IIRC there were a few celebs in the UK who got a public insult bath for demanding money to do things while some others did it free of charge and got major support, if anyone comes out now as doing this stuff for free i suspect they will get alot of public love.

normally i would agree, but there is something extra cynical about saying your team will "honor the troops", then charging the military six digits to bring some guys out into the field for five minutes. i realize both parties see it as what it is, an advertisement opportunity, but the context is terrible and should help wake the American sheeple up to loominarty's schemes.

im sure the military runs the metrics but i dont see how $53m isnt better spent elsewhere, i dont think Americans need to be reminded that there is a cool military thing for cool guys to join. Michael Bay and CNN and Call of Duty already do that for free. like i said, thats specialty or enlistment bonuses for an entire field, or needed equipment for a few units, another spy bird on rotation in the Pacific or Black Sea, etc.

that, and it looks bad in light of how all the branches were whining about sequestration. "oh boo hoo Congress, we cant handle it, we need more money, looks like we're going to have to cut educational benefit programs for the troops and we pick those personal benefit programs specifically to put pressure on you from angry constituents/servicemembers/veterans, instead of cutting actual fluff like excessive advertising or Tops in Blue"

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 5 Nov 2015 04:24

Very true, they shouldnt have paid money out like that, i would get maybe $1mil, but that much? More than enough that could go to something more important or simply be out the budget to reduce costs(its 1 of those legit things where i think "how many kids could have a better education in a US city with that" or "how many homeless could be given housing and assisted into work and getting back on their feet").

I just think it sad how so many celebs or high public events try to get money out of things like that while many others do it for free especially for vets and those whom have been wounded serving the country.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu 5 Nov 2015 04:38

Mitchverr wrote:Very true, they shouldnt have paid money out like that, i would get maybe $1mil, but that much? More than enough that could go to something more important or simply be out the budget to reduce costs(its 1 of those legit things where i think "how many kids could have a better education in a US city with that" or "how many homeless could be given housing and assisted into work and getting back on their feet").

I just think it sad how so many celebs or high public events try to get money out of things like that while many others do it for free especially for vets and those whom have been wounded serving the country.

I hope they take that money and fix the shitty bridge by my house. It's got so many patches that a dirt road is a smoother ride.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Thu 5 Nov 2015 09:04

Killertomato wrote:I really hate saying this but I honestly wish we could reelect him. Don't think anyone running on either side could do a better job.

Why would you wish for something so horrible? If there is nobody in this country who could do a better job then we might as well give up trying to be a modern country and embrace 3rd world hellhole status.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu 5 Nov 2015 10:15

Darth-Lampshade wrote:
Killertomato wrote:I really hate saying this but I honestly wish we could reelect him. Don't think anyone running on either side could do a better job.

Why would you wish for something so horrible? If there is nobody in this country who could do a better job then we might as well give up trying to be a modern country and embrace 3rd world hellhole status.

Can you do better?
Courtesy of KattiValk

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 5 Nov 2015 12:15

Mike wrote:
Darth-Lampshade wrote:

Can you do better?

Darth/Lone for 2016!
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu 5 Nov 2015 12:55

Fade2Gray wrote:
Mike wrote:
Darth-Lampshade wrote:Why would you wish for something so horrible? If there is nobody in this country who could do a better job then we might as well give up trying to be a modern country and embrace 3rd world hellhole status.

Can you do better?

Darth/Lone for 2016!

Ayyyeeeeee 8-)
Courtesy of KattiValk

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Thu 5 Nov 2015 15:17

Darth-Lampshade wrote:

Overdramatic bullshit.

Was bush better? No. Clinton? No. Bush I? No.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Return to “Off-Topic”