#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 19 Nov 2017 23:18

Mike wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
holoween wrote:simply because the owner was the one actually shooting himself and his wife

If I had an accident at work and was the only one injured, I could still get fired for negligence/misconduct.

I don't see why it should be any different there.

It was what? An 81 year old man? I don't think anyone wants to throw an 81 year old man in jail because he accidentally shot himself along with his wife.

What happens when its a child?
I would seriously consider seeing if the man is capable of being trusted with a firearm.
Personally what annoys me most is the show off attitude he had to the gun you don't need to flash it around its not a new watch.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 20 Nov 2017 04:04

Mike wrote:It was what? An 81 year old man? I don't think anyone wants to throw an 81 year old man in jail because he accidentally shot himself along with his wife.

That's one hell of a jump!

Dude, we mean he's clearly unsafe with his firearm, he should be fined and have his firearm licence revoked indefinitely or he passes a firearm safety course.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Wed 22 Nov 2017 08:15

Admiral Piett wrote:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-21/uber-concealed-cyberattack-that-exposed-57-million-people-s-data

Awhile ago i noticed it that security was being outpaced by hackers. Now it seems like our current methods of encryption and security have fallen way behind.

It's kind of why I am big on privacy on things that should be kept private. Things like home and mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. Nothing more annoying than ending up on someones call list and getting calls from some boom and bust solar panel company or survey center that constantly spoofs its name in the caller idea. Same with spam mail.

Other than that, someone should do something about how data and personal information is collected. Because right now things seem too vulnerable to exploitation and what some firms do with that information is kind of unethical.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 25 Nov 2017 20:30

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 25 Nov 2017 21:57

Admiral Piett wrote:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-21/uber-concealed-cyberattack-that-exposed-57-million-people-s-data

As the resident forum Uber driver/"expert", I thought about posting this when I first saw it, then thought "Eeehhhh Uber getting bad press? What else is new?" That being said, I sent an email out to find out if I'm compromised or not.

Spoiler : :

Trump is shitposting again? Color me shocked.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Tue 28 Nov 2017 00:19

Lmao. In short, some conservative sting organization tried to get the Washington Post to publish a BS story so they could go "GOTCHA, FAKE NEWS MEME LAWL" and got dick-punched so hard it seems they didn't even comprehend what was happening. It turns out good journalists check their sources. Oops.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 28 Nov 2017 07:35

Admiral Piett wrote:Lmao. In short, some conservative sting organization tried to get the Washington Post to publish a BS story so they could go "GOTCHA, FAKE NEWS MEME LAWL" and got dick-punched so hard it seems they didn't even comprehend what was happening. It turns out good journalists check their sources. Oops.

Why are people trying to defend a pedophile...

Why?

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 28 Nov 2017 09:13

Why are people trying to defend a pedophile...

Why?

Dunno, but I saw some folks on the neoliberal subreddit try to defend al franken and Bill Clinton after running a circle jerk against Moore. While I don't buy into the whole partisan Bill Clinton = racist, I hate the man considering a lot of policies like Don't Ask Don't tell and tough on crime stance have lead to many problems down the road.

Also I don't agree with turning a blind eye to past crimes, if someone comes forward and said that Trump groped them 40 years ago I would sure as hell bark at the person who said that we should disregard it because of how much time passed.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 28 Nov 2017 12:36

Admiral Piett wrote:Lmao. In short, some conservative sting organization tried to get the Washington Post to publish a BS story so they could go "GOTCHA, FAKE NEWS MEME LAWL" and got dick-punched so hard it seems they didn't even comprehend what was happening. It turns out good journalists check their sources. Oops.

Apparently Trump donated to Project Veritas as well. Oh the sweet sweet irony of trying to plant fake news.
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-donated-p ... ost-723888

I wish I could read that WashPo article, bloody paywall.

Shrike wrote:Dunno, but I saw some folks on the neoliberal subreddit try to defend al franken and Bill Clinton after running a circle jerk against Moore.

The shit against Franken is a whole different league from Moore though. The original complaint, I mean the gal agreed to be kissed by him, but it was "deeper than she wanted" or whatever? Uh, ok. That and the picture, she wasn't actually asleep. Hell I've seen pics like that without famous people involved, just other male soldiers instead, plenty of times before. It smacks of a right wing hit job big time. I have yet to look at the newer complaints, but that original one screams absolutely bullshit to the highest levels. That the Trumpets are jumping all over Al Franken on that just goes to show how desperate they are to latch onto anything to distract from the fact that they have openly admitted sexual predators in their ranks. As for Slick Willy, well... he's a massive player. *shrugs* What else is new?

This still doesn't compare to how Moore openly admitting to being a pedophile, then trying to attack his accusers where as Al Franken has owned up to and apologized for what he has done. There's leagues of difference between this, on one hand you have some integrity with Al Franken, and on the other? An unapologetic pedophile.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Return to “Off-Topic”