#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 11 Jul 2017 22:03

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timein ... urce%3Ddam

USN is giving up on the joke that is the LCS. The powerful type 26 is in with a shot, with the RAN, RCN looking at the type 26 we could see it becoming the standard frigate of the anglo sphere.

One Ex USN captain I was chatting too a while ago on twitter did think the type 26 would be too powerful for what the USN wanted if that's the case the type 31 export would do.

Let's see how special this special relationship is shall we.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 12 Jul 2017 15:24

SGT Schultz in residence at the white house. I know nothing!
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Wed 12 Jul 2017 15:55

Good luck going against the net neutrality stuff, keep on fighting.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Wed 12 Jul 2017 19:52

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Thu 13 Jul 2017 15:40

"Hey I havent checked on what dumb shit the US govenment did in the last week"
Brilliant.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Thu 13 Jul 2017 19:27

Kid Rock for senate. Kid Rock! Just end this damn state already.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 13 Jul 2017 20:46

Doinize wrote:"Hey I havent checked on what dumb shit the US govenment did in the last week"
Brilliant.

You know, there's a couple things that are jacked up in men's rights. Child custody is massively biased towards the mother even if she's toxic here in the USA. Outside of those token issues though...

*shrugs*

yeah I don't really feel like I'm lacking in rights.

Killertomato wrote:Kid Rock for senate. Kid Rock! Just end this damn state already.

Well, he is from Michigan sad to say. We've had the "Guvahnator" and now a reality show host become POTUS, so I'm not surprised.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Cheesehead
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cheesehead » Thu 13 Jul 2017 22:02

Fade2Gray wrote:
Doinize wrote:"Hey I havent checked on what dumb shit the US govenment did in the last week"
Brilliant.

You know, there's a couple things that are jacked up in men's rights. Child custody is massively biased towards the mother even if she's toxic here in the USA. Outside of those token issues though...

*shrugs*

yeah I don't really feel like I'm lacking in rights.

Eh, to a degree the whole rape issue is a bit bias against men. Even a false accusation is enough to derail someone's career and often the women don't get nearly the same repercussions for falsifying a report compared to what happens to the dude in that case. Might be just a military/AF thing since for the longest time they hammered home the point of the women always being in the right regardless of the circumstance.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 14 Jul 2017 00:18

Cheesehead wrote:Eh, to a degree the whole rape issue is a bit bias against men. Even a false accusation is enough to derail someone's career and often the women don't get nearly the same repercussions for falsifying a report compared to what happens to the dude in that case. Might be just a military/AF thing since for the longest time they hammered home the point of the women always being in the right regardless of the circumstance.

I say its part of a bigger issue. The concept of innocent until proven guilty has vanished from both the people's mindset and the media's and I say this as a criminal justice major.

The way news agencies report crimes these days they say it like the person being accused did it and in some cases there is beyond a reasonable doubt someone actually committed the crime. However when you put someone's picture up on tv, their mugshot, and say what they might have done plants a bias in jury's mind. This combined with unspoken biases towards certain sexes and genders as well as preconceived ideas and biases acquired from life expirences tends to make a mess of things.

I'm glad forensic evidence has come a long way and has helped proved many people's innocence and get them off death row. Everyone injustice and innocent persecuted/executed is a blight on our system and we need to change that.

Abolish the death penalty since its use as a deterrent doesn't work. Change the prison system from punitive to a reform based system and include programs to reintroduce people back into society and find work. Hide the identity of the accused and the victim until after the court case. Introduce rules and guidelines in the court system that eliminate sex/gender bias from the system and encourage fair treatment and sentences for everyone.

Return to “Off-Topic”