#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Killertomato » Tue 8 Aug 2017 17:22

Fade2Gray wrote:You say "not really" and yet the 7.62 is mentioned in the source you provided as much better against types of surfaces common in urban environments, which is considered to be the focus of wars coming. Also not mentioned is how 7.62, like 50 cal, mulches up cover a lot faster than 5.56. This isn't about just punching through cover, actually breaking it down is critical in an extended firefight, ESPECIALLY in urban environments. You are trying to cherry pick again. 5.56 simply doesn't carve up a wall or car like 7.62 does, where as 7.62 will destroy cover faster.

Fade, you need a lot of ammo to mulch cover. Carrying 300 rounds of 7.62 probably wouldn't be too much of a problem for you vs. carrying 300 rounds of 5.56, but you're not normal. You're 6'5" and presumably not a string bean, so the literal doubling of weight for the same amount of ammo wouldn't be much of a problem for you. It would (assuming combat loads don't go down somehow) be a pretty big problem for most of the army, which is closer to my size. People already come out disabled because of knee problems they get from just rucking around.

The recoil's also less of a problem for you than it is for most people, because you're a lot bigger and heavier in the arms than they are, unless you're completely out of proportion. 5.56 has tiny recoil in an AR platform, 7.62 doesn't. It's just harder to hit things with.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 8 Aug 2017 18:06

I imagine 7.62 will rip up adobe in time. Cinderblocks seem the shatter easily when hit by large projectiles. Plus fade has more hands on experience in this area.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 8 Aug 2017 23:23

I hate posting from my phone.
Last edited by Fade2Gray on Tue 8 Aug 2017 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 8 Aug 2017 23:27

Vulcan 607 wrote:
Fade can you operate a 7.62 Battle rifle on full auto? Say if your clearing a trench or room full of bad guys?

Are you serious? Who the hell uses full auto with a rifle? I can count the number of times I've used 3 round burst with one hand, and I didn't even need most of my fingers. Hell I probably would have been just as fine with single shot. What the devil are you even on about?

Shrike wrote:I imagine 7.62 will rip up adobe in time. Cinderblocks seem the shatter easily when hit by large projectiles. Plus fade has more hands on experience in this area.

7.62 does mulch cover far better than 5.56 does. Concrete, adobe, metal, etc get torn up much faster with it. Whenever we had a Brad in close instead of the Bushmaster the coax could chew up doors, windows, etc very fast. From farther away you could use the 25 to make the first hits to bust up a wall, and then chew it up more with coax as needs must.

5.56 simply can not do that, at all, unless it's with really light cover. In Iraq M240s were vital for when you really wanted to lay it on when you were trying to pin down or forcr out someone in a building. The SAW just couldn't cut it.

To get back on topic for a moment...

Trump gets a folder full of positive news about himself twice a day
https://news.vice.com/story/trump-folde ... hite-house

Somehow this does not surprise me, at all. Title is a bit misleading (go figure) as he doesn't get it every single day, but... yeah. He even gets flattering pics of himself. :roll:

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Wed 9 Aug 2017 02:57

Fade2Gray wrote:
Trump gets a folder full of positive news about himself twice a day
https://news.vice.com/story/trump-folde ... hite-house

Somehow this does not surprise me, at all. Title is a bit misleading (go figure) as he doesn't get it every single day, but... yeah. He even gets flattering pics of himself. :roll:

Him and I share a birthday with Che Guevara and he got more scoops of ice cream than I did.

I was watching bits celebrity apprentice, and just the way he acts and dresses, I am convinced Trump thinks he is royalty. How people see this man as a man of the people, let alone a down to earth leader is beyond me.

Still, I doubt the opposition doesn't have anything to offer.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 9 Aug 2017 04:38

So Juche just went to Trump and was like...

NO BALLS!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/08/politics/ ... index.html

Shrike wrote:Him and I share a birthday with Che Guevara and he got more scoops of ice cream than I did.

I share the anniversary with the day Hiroshima was introduced to Little Boy.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Wed 9 Aug 2017 06:14

He should've said rain of ruin instead of fire and fury. That way we could've had us a mushroom cloud or ten and a million or five dead today.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 9 Aug 2017 18:41

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9152711680

Did we somehow modernize our entire nuclear arsenal since dolan took office? O_o

Oh well, nothing like a nuclear pissing constant to keep the base happy.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Wed 9 Aug 2017 21:50

Fade2Gray wrote:https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/895252459152711680

Did we somehow modernize our entire nuclear arsenal since dolan took office? O_o

They cut the grass around the silos.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 10 Aug 2017 11:15

Killertomato wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/895252459152711680

They cut the grass around the silos.

Oh trust me, that has always been done. You obviously don't know jack about the military if you think they would dare let the grass get out of whack. Some sergeant major somewhere would shit himself.

Now on to another joke...

Scaramucci going on Stephen Colbert's show Monday
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... how-monday

Monday night I'll be like...

Return to “Off-Topic”