D-M

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby D-M » Mon 11 Sep 2017 13:30

But can a mean dog do the trick ?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 11 Sep 2017 18:14

So now Faux Noise is openly wondering if we'll be taking down 911 memorials. The right wing truly has no fucking shame, at all.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Mon 11 Sep 2017 18:55

This is a pretty serious issue. Training is vital, and just having ships on the frontlines =/= training.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/11/politics/ ... index.html

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 11 Sep 2017 19:13

Admiral Piett wrote:This is a pretty serious issue. Training is vital, and just having ships on the frontlines =/= training.

Eeeekk, there are going to be some more careers wrecked because of this I'm betting.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Mon 11 Sep 2017 21:35

Fade2Gray wrote:
Admiral Piett wrote:This is a pretty serious issue. Training is vital, and just having ships on the frontlines =/= training.

Eeeekk, there are going to be some more careers wrecked because of this I'm betting.

For the best really shame there is no perisher course for surface ships as far as I am aware. Probably for the best otherwise most of the USN would fail by the sounds of it.

I am still trying to get over how bad this is, after all these ships are in the area its most likely to get a shooting war they should be fully prepared this is like finding half of an infantry platoon can't work the GPMG or use their NVGs properly it's madness.

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Mon 11 Sep 2017 21:43

Yeah, the low level of combat readiness among what is supposed to be the premier fleet in the USN was quite shocking for me to learn. I mean, it makes perfect sense now that I'm seeing reports and the like. The fleet is overworked, and there just isn't time for training.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 Sep 2017 14:30

Vulcan 607 wrote:I am still trying to get over how bad this is, after all these ships are in the area its most likely to get a shooting war they should be fully prepared this is like finding half of an infantry platoon can't work the GPMG or use their NVGs properly it's madness.

As much as I love to look down upon and mock my buddies who happen to be Squids, I think this goes a whee bit beyond a platoon of infantry not being able to use NVGs. Hell, especially since teaching people about NVGs is like a half hour class at most if I really stretch shit out. A boat of that size and crew is well beyond that in scope.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 12 Sep 2017 17:01

Fade2Gray wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:I am still trying to get over how bad this is, after all these ships are in the area its most likely to get a shooting war they should be fully prepared this is like finding half of an infantry platoon can't work the GPMG or use their NVGs properly it's madness.

As much as I love to look down upon and mock my buddies who happen to be Squids, I think this goes a whee bit beyond a platoon of infantry not being able to use NVGs. Hell, especially since teaching people about NVGs is like a half hour class at most if I really stretch shit out. A boat of that size and crew is well beyond that in scope.

true but it's also a lot more expensive so you would expect them to be properly trained to use it.

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Thu 14 Sep 2017 01:19

Time sensitive news. Live stream of Indianapolis wreck tonight, 10 pm EST. It is remarkably intact.

https://twitter.com/PaulGAllen/status/9 ... 7050570752

Return to “Off-Topic”