Lieutenant General

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Shrike » Wed 7 Nov 2018 19:35

Doinize wrote:for the love of god i hope you mean an economic interventionist

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Wed 7 Nov 2018 21:13

oh so you did mean dronestrikes and overthrowing democracies, got it...

because, when i see the current administration i think "well it could do with more brown people being killed" nice priorities lol

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Thu 8 Nov 2018 08:04

Doinize wrote:oh so you did mean dronestrikes and overthrowing democracies, got it...

because, when i see the current administration i think "well it could do with more brown people being killed" nice priorities lol

I will admit I have made some terribly grave mistakes, however keeping Russia in check seems like sensible idea. The final straw for me was when an old friend went full alt-right and it became more apparent the old him wasn't coming back. It's very clear to me now Russia has been manipulating people online into adopting views sympathetic to them or views which or indirectly helpful for them. Such as manipulating isolationists or euro skeptics or backing the alt-right due to their isolationist tendencies. All so that Russia could create a power vacuum that it could fill to become a bigger part of the world stage.

Moderate Democrats at least seem some what up to the job or whose party's reputation hasn't been tarnished.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 15 Jan 2019 08:53

https://i.redd.it/peqhr57qvha21.jpg

Truly we live in the best storyline!

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 16 Jan 2019 02:39

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:https://i.redd.it/peqhr57qvha21.jpg

Truly we live in the best storyline!

I've seen people saying "He's just giving them what the college kids want!"

No, it's what college kids can afford. :lol: I can promise you, I didn't eat McDonald's because I loved it, I did because it was cheap.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 24 Jan 2019 17:10

Nothing has opened my eyes to how open and casual racism is in the States more than the whole collage kid trying to out the American-Indian protester.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Thu 24 Jan 2019 23:27

Honestly dont see how any of the involved behaved particularly well (except maybe the one Native American drummer guy). I agree that the incident sheds some light onto the state of US society, but to me it simply highlights the divide between Americans of different group and upbringing. Members of all groups involved apparently made some sort of insulting and/or racist remark towards the others throughout the entire situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/22/us/c ... ideos.html

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 16 Mar 2019 19:19

So, I remember this thread, I remember the internet arguments I had with certain individuals.

One I particularly remember was from a few people, a cry of "Right wingers aren't as violent as left wingers".

Today, my country was attacked by a right winged international terrorist, who massacred 49 unarmed, innocent New Zealanders whilst spouting racist right wing memes on a Facebook livestream and making jokes on 8chan.

Today was the biggest massacre of our people in the history of our nation! Not by shady governments, not by Muslims or Islamic terrorists. But by a western born, right-winged, white supremacist!

So for those who dismissed right-wing violence, for those who blindly dismissed the rise of right wing extremism and violence, for those who lauded it off as "Irony" or "LARPing" I want you to think long and hard about what you said, because it's not just jargons and memes anymore. By dismissing this threat, by allowing it to cultivate, we've allowed this culture of violence and hatred to cultivate and now, my country has suffered for it.

It's funny, 4-5 years ago, I was giggling and laughing about Trump, about his policies and about his followers. Now it's a lot more somber, so many people have died because of this, and I have no doubt many more will come.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sat 16 Mar 2019 20:36

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:By dismissing this threat, by allowing it to cultivate, we've allowed this culture of violence and hatred to cultivate and now, my country has suffered for it.

It's funny, 4-5 years ago, I was giggling and laughing about Trump, about his policies and about his followers. Now it's a lot more somber, so many people have died because of this, and I have no doubt many more will come.
Honestly, it's really sad how validated the alt-right feel at the moment. Trump's unwillingness to decisively distance himself from extremism is problematic to say the least.

Still, I think it's important to not forget America's problem with shooters and fringe factions extends beyond and before Trump. He isn't the root cause but fuels an already existing issue.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 16 Mar 2019 22:06

KattiValk wrote:Honestly, it's really sad how validated the alt-right feel at the moment. Trump's unwillingness to decisively distance himself from extremism is problematic to say the least.

Barely a day has passed and already there are American and Australian politicians lionising the shooter.

Barely a day has passed and Redditors are already downplaying the actions of Naeem Rashid and Abdul Aziz.

Fuck me, shit don't even wait no more.

Return to “Off-Topic”