Job rant

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Job rant

Postby Mike » Fri 15 Sep 2017 04:56

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Note to self, if Grabbed ever pings me for Uber/Lyft...

cancel immediately.

That was once, nearly a decade ago, and the first time I've ever thrown up...

Also, I only Uber sober!

Lyft wasted though?
Courtesy of KattiValk

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 15 Sep 2017 06:14

Mike wrote:Lyft wasted though?

Don't think Lyft is available in NZ yet.

Uber style cabs are a bit different here, you still need a taxi licence and viable car, I think depending of which state in the US, apps like Uber and Lyft can just be any Tom with a licence.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Fri 15 Sep 2017 06:52

You Uber/Lyft guys outta have the patience of a saint, I cannot and will not do that shit, someone tried to convince me to do Lyft, I tried and then thought bout it, was like "fuucckk that, bunch of drunk cunt's in my B12? Noooo thank you!"

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Uber style cabs are a bit different here, you still need a taxi licence and viable car, I think depending of which state in the US, apps like Uber and Lyft can just be any Tom with a licence.

Can confirm, when checking out Lyft they would've taken me, 22, with my car, which is nutty, it's a riced out '87 Nissan Sentra, fart can exhaust and everything.. although that lowkey woulda been pretty sick! Race car taxi service hahaha
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 15 Sep 2017 07:36

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Uber style cabs are a bit different here, you still need a taxi licence and viable car, I think depending of which state in the US, apps like Uber and Lyft can just be any Tom with a licence.

You don't need an actual taxi license to Uber/Lyft here, you do need commercial insurance and Uber does have requirements on the vehicle. That and if you borderline it bad enough and don't maintain, you run a risk of people downvoting you, and Uber is brutally ruthless about booting people off who drop below 4.5 to 4.6. I have a buddy who tried to Uber with something that barely made the cutoff, and he lasted a month before Uber dropped him. So much for his great plans of "picking up women" while Ubering (no joke, he read an article about how Uber drivers sometimes meet dates that way, and so he had great plans).

StalkerDellaNote wrote:You Uber/Lyft guys outta have the patience of a saint, I cannot and will not do that shit, someone tried to convince me to do Lyft, I tried and then thought bout it, was like "fuucckk that, bunch of drunk cunt's in my B12? Noooo thank you!

Partly depends on your location, time of day, and what the crowd is like. I'm fortunate, Grand Rapids has a pretty chill crowd most of the time. Another plus of U/Ling, if I get a bad vibe from my first few PAXs? I can just say fuck it and go offline and go home and not deal with all the assholes that day, maybe go out to pick up my regulars who have my number and ask for a ride. I've heard about how some cities apparently have really shitty crowds on weekends though.

Honestly though the asshole PAXs are a rarity in my experience here, and I've learned to spot them easily. Rich girls in particular I cancel on outright, if you are super drunk? Cancel. Look like you are in a really bad mood? Cancel, though last weekend I failed on one batch. In a bad mood and want to make an issue out of being dropped? I step out of my car and so far everyone goes "oh fuck" when they realize I'm 6'5 and look like a classic disgruntled veteran. I have my phone really to dial 911 or one of my cop buddies if needs must though, and the cops around here LOVE Uber/Lyft. They are always quick to respond to an Uber driver calling about a PAX going apeshit.

Overall PAX break down into 3 fairly even groups. First is quiet, they are just on their phone or talking to a buddy while they ride with you and leave you be. Second group is politely chatty and overall chill. 3rd group is downright hilarious and its the reason why I'm glad I've returned to driving on the weekends. I honestly enjoy driving on the weekends during clubbing hours, I've met a lot of cool people that way, made some friends, and hell I met my current gf while Ubering.

StalkerDellaNote wrote:

Can confirm, when checking out Lyft they would've taken me, 22, with my car, which is nutty, it's a riced out '87 Nissan Sentra, fart can exhaust and everything.. although that lowkey woulda been pretty sick! Race car taxi service hahaha

Wow, I got started on Uber, and...

https://www.uber.com/drive/grand-rapids ... uirements/

yeah the requirements are not that low here. O_o 2002 at least as you can see. Currently driving a 2012 Chevy Nox and about to trade in for a brand new GMC Terrain, and most drivers around here from what I've noticed tend to keep decent cars as well. Most tend to drive something like a Prius, though there's some who drive larger vehicles like I do. Those of us who drive larger vehicles tend to be really hardcore about keeping spotless as well from what I've noticed.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 15 Sep 2017 14:08

StalkerDellaNote wrote:You Uber/Lyft guys outta have the patience of a saint, I cannot and will not do that shit, someone tried to convince me to do Lyft, I tried and then thought bout it, was like "fuucckk that, bunch of drunk cunt's in my B12? Noooo thank you!"

Apostrophes are not used for pluralization.

Oh? Which state? There's a few Grand Rapids around the country, though I somewhat doubt you're in my state (whose Grand Rapids has ~11,000 people).

[EDIT]
Oh, NM. Noticed it mentioning Michigan law.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 15 Sep 2017 19:12

Xeno426 wrote:Oh, NM. Noticed it mentioning Michigan law.

Did you think I was going to make it easy to figure out where my secret lair is? 8-)

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Fri 15 Sep 2017 21:38

Xeno426 wrote:
StalkerDellaNote wrote:bunch of drunk cunt's

Apostrophes are not used for pluralization.

We can blame the Koreans for that one, Samsung really loves to add apostrophes wherever they please
I'm really likes to correct to I'miss n what not -_-
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sat 16 Sep 2017 09:58

Laid off again! Well from Tuesday to Friday got the girlfriend over so I think I'll find something to do in that time. ;)

Applied for the position of apprentice large mammal keeper at twycross zoo so fingers crossed

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Tue 26 Sep 2017 16:52

Im applying for a student loan rn and i can already tell this is going to be the most annoying shit...id rather go to court again, i swear...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 30 Sep 2017 18:38

So I kicked a woman out of my car last night.

She was fairly tipsy from clubbing, and when she and her friend pinged me, it was pretty obvious when I pulled up and introduced myself. She took a real shine to me quick, she zero'd in fast on the fact that I'm a veteran because of the whole "Yes ma'am, no ma'am" stuff. Naturally, she assumed I'm a "proud red blooded American" and all that good stuff and started aggressively feeling me up...

while we're going 75 mph down 131. Why do PAX always cause the most shit when I'm traveling at speed? Sigh. Why do I always get hit on by the super Republican women for that matter?

Despite informing her that I'm not even available and turning her down and her friend telling her to lay off me (she noticed how pissed I was getting after I said no the 2nd time), I ended up hitting the hazard lights, pulling over, canceling the trip, and telling her to get out. She didn't take it well, and started screaming at me. At this point I told her I'm calling the cops, and called 911. Mz. Rejected kept screaming at me while I talked to the operator and told them my situation. When I said "so a police officer is on the way" it seems the dim light finally brightened and she got the hint. Still mad as fuck though, got out, and went stumbling off down the embankment while trying to talk shit. Told the operator the situation was resolved and that I don't need police assistance anymore.

Thankfully her friend had her own account on Uber and could reping me, otherwise I would have had to kick her out as well. To make her awkward situation worse, she did it right in the middle of a surge zone. Fired off a quick email to Uber about the situation, told them I have the incident on camera, and they cleared me of it. So far it looks like I have not gotted hit with a 1 star from it, so it seems I'm good.

So much for the good vibe the day started off on. With ArtPrize going I was banking on good PAX this weekend. Nope.

Also, Uber as usual is still in the spotlight. Surprise surprise.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogows ... 475704cbb3