Job rant

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Job rant

Postby Killertomato » Sun 19 Mar 2017 04:24

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Oh right, I forgot you guys were about 12 hours behind us.

I did exams for St Paddy's day, fun fun!

You do exams and then you get drunk.

Or you can get drunk and then take your exams.

Or, with the assistance of a thermos, you get drunk during your exam.

Seen all three yesterday, only participated in the first.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 19 Mar 2017 05:43

I spent 6 or 7 hours playing "house husband" for some hungover college kids (and an ex-Marine) today. So much for "we're not going out tonight" they went and got annihilated anyways. After getting a phone call from one at an ungodly hour, then getting them home and letting them sleep for awhile? Not going to lie, I showed up with a metal trash can and a stick.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun 19 Mar 2017 06:44

Killertomato wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Oh right, I forgot you guys were about 12 hours behind us.

I did exams for St Paddy's day, fun fun!

You do exams and then you get drunk.

Or you can get drunk and then take your exams.

Or, with the assistance of a thermos, you get drunk during your exam.

Seen all three yesterday, only participated in the first.

Or do what I did and stay up to 3:45AM doing an engineering project.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sun 19 Mar 2017 06:45

Mike wrote:

I'm doing this right now because I didn't do it yesterday!
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun 19 Mar 2017 06:53

Killertomato wrote:
Mike wrote:

I'm doing this right now because I didn't do it yesterday!

It wasn't due until noon, but I didn't want to be dependent on a solid internet connection and that I would get laser focus to finish it. That and I could figure out how to use the program. I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out the program. :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Sun 19 Mar 2017 07:34

orcbuster wrote:I caught one sleeping on the ground outside in the woods nearby in a dress and theres subzero temperatures. Spent an hour making sure she was ok and got home safely because that gives me paranoia.

I get you, I've seen what happens to a girls feets, when she walks home from a party without shoes in -20 and plenty of snow. I'm not entirely sure if she passes for lucky in that there were still something resembling feets left to see after the visit at the hospital...

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 19 Mar 2017 08:26

Xeno426 wrote:
orcbuster wrote:Enough people have died from that already

Thinning the herd.

LOL we have another one in the UK idiot charged his iPhone in the bath, needless to say he got fried

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 19 Mar 2017 08:28

zervostyrd wrote:
orcbuster wrote:I caught one sleeping on the ground outside in the woods nearby in a dress and theres subzero temperatures. Spent an hour making sure she was ok and got home safely because that gives me paranoia.

I get you, I've seen what happens to a girls feets, when she walks home from a party without shoes in -20 and plenty of snow. I'm not entirely sure if she passes for lucky in that there were still something resembling feets left to see after the visit at the hospital...

A guy did that in the UK... then a helpful Fox bit off his ear
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/27/aggressive-fox-chews-part-mans-ear-attacks-girl-two-day-village/

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 19 Mar 2017 08:34

So my work is getting rid of lots of people and I have been told one guy will be going in soon and I will possibly be taking over from him. He hasn't been told yet and everyone who gets that job gets let go after a while... oh well don't want to stay in a factory forever as long as I save up enough to go to Africa to do some conservation work before they let me go I will be happy

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sun 19 Mar 2017 10:25

Mike wrote:It wasn't due until noon, but I didn't want to be dependent on a solid internet connection and that I would get laser focus to finish it. That and I could figure out how to use the program. I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out the program. :lol:

This is my life. Three hours trying to make the stupid linear actuator I'm using go up and down instead of just up. On the phone with the tech guys, reading through the manual...

Some old EE tech walks in, "have you tried setting it to two-pulse mode?" And it works. I don't understand electrical systems. I could've worked on that thing for the rest of my life and not figured it out.

I'll give you your nine nines polysilicon, you can put shit on it, thank you very much.

Return to “Off-Topic”