Job rant

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Job rant

Postby orcbuster » Sat 20 May 2017 06:48

D-M wrote:How can something be annoying and amusing at the same time ?

Well have ya heard of the triple point of water? Sorta like that. Does not require much of a nudge in any direction.
Viker for ingen!

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Sat 20 May 2017 13:48

There was a nasty incident this week. A friend of mine caught an adict employee of theirs stealing stuff from his dad's company, resulting in argument, fistfight and the addict going to smack him with a pipe wrench, luckily people came to help and they managed to throw him out (and fire him obviously).

The idiot went straight to a gas station, filled up a jerrycan, went to my friends apartment and threw the gasoline through the window and torched the place. Almost burning an infant and the mother, along with almost smokechoking several other residents in the block, not to mention how the apartment is completley burnt out and the apartments in the block has suffered severe damage.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Sat 20 May 2017 22:24

zervostyrd wrote:There was a nasty incident this week. A friend of mine caught an adict employee of theirs stealing stuff from his dad's company, resulting in argument, fistfight and the addict going to smack him with a pipe wrench, luckily people came to help and they managed to throw him out (and fire him obviously).

The idiot went straight to a gas station, filled up a jerrycan, went to my friends apartment and threw the gasoline through the window and torched the place. Almost burning an infant and the mother, along with almost smokechoking several other residents in the block, not to mention how the apartment is completley burnt out and the apartments in the block has suffered severe damage.

jesus, hope the guy got arrested. Did it get on the news?
Viker for ingen!

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Sun 21 May 2017 13:07

orcbuster wrote:

Happened on Sunday, but the police didn't find him until Tuesday, stoned out of his mind.. The fire made national news, but I don't think the story did outside of regional news or maybe it yet remains local heresay, gotta say I haven't checked.

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon 22 May 2017 06:12

zervostyrd wrote:
orcbuster wrote:

Happened on Sunday, but the police didn't find him until Tuesday, stoned out of his mind.. The fire made national news, but I don't think the story did outside of regional news or maybe it yet remains local heresay, gotta say I haven't checked.

That's at least two counts of attempted murder, no? Internationally buring a building with people
inside.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 22 May 2017 06:26

Maybe not murder, defiantly manslaughter though.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 22 May 2017 07:47

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Maybe not murder, defiantly manslaughter though.

Reckless endangerment at the very least.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Mon 22 May 2017 08:18

Xeno426 wrote:

Reckless endangerment at the very least.

Well lets hope they don't do the latest UK craze and let him off because it may affect future job prospects.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... ry-talent/

They also did it to a guy who abused his wife this was apparently ok in the judge's eyes because she had friends and he had a (made up) professional cricket contract. They did send him to jail in the end I think
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03 ... s-friends/

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Mon 22 May 2017 18:20

Mike wrote:That's at least two counts of attempted murder, no? Internationally buring a building with people
inside.

Severe arson can potentially be punished the most severe sentence in our law. I do however think that attempted murder is rolled in with arson, as the law covers instances where people is put in immidiate danger, (given that no one was seriously injured).

In any case, this guy already has a pretty extensive list of charges at this point, going from possesion of drugs and theft, to aggrevated assault before the arson.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 22 May 2017 21:55

Come to think of it... does "attempted manslaughter" even make sense? Manslaughter isn't really something you "attempt", at least most versions of it. I know in some US states there is 3rd Degree Murder, which is murder under "understandable" conditions (a man that murders the person that raped his daughter, for instance). In other states, that role in law (if the role exists) is taken up by some form of manslaughter. Only in those instances can I see "attempted" having any meaning. Otherwise it seems more like something that would be used for plea bargaining.

Vulcan 607 wrote:Well lets hope they don't do the latest UK craze and let him off because it may affect future job prospects.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... ry-talent/

Can't they sue her for damages and the like? Kind of like how OJ Simpson ended up getting some justice served against him by the Simpson and Goldman families by that death liability lawsuit.

In that specific case, I wonder about how bright her future will be if she has such a notable drug problem that leads to extremely violent behavior.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.