Job rant

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Job rant

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 22 May 2017 22:04

Xeno426 wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:Well lets hope they don't do the latest UK craze and let him off because it may affect future job prospects.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... ry-talent/

Can't they sue her for damages and the like? Kind of like how OJ Simpson ended up getting some justice served against him by the Simpson and Goldman families by that death liability lawsuit.

In that specific case, I wonder about how bright her future will be if she has such a notable drug problem that leads to extremely violent behavior.

From what I gather this isnt the first violent offense she has been up on either, apparently she tried to get her drug dealer to attack an ex or something also, but it was hushed up and that articles with it suddenly went down/removed names......

Alot of people suspect foul play at work especially with the judge, whom can easily see she has a history and said "no history of issues here"......

Frencho
Lieutenant

Postby Frencho » Mon 22 May 2017 23:16

So basically female version of this:

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 23 May 2017 08:29

Xeno426 wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Maybe not murder, defiantly manslaughter though.

Come to think of it... does "attempted manslaughter" even make sense? Manslaughter isn't really something you "attempt", at least most versions of it. I know in some US states there is 3rd Degree Murder, which is murder under "understandable" conditions (a man that murders the person that raped his daughter, for instance). In other states, that role in law (if the role exists) is taken up by some form of manslaughter. Only in those instances can I see "attempted" having any meaning. Otherwise it seems more like something that would be used for plea bargaining.

Vulcan 607 wrote:Well lets hope they don't do the latest UK craze and let him off because it may affect future job prospects.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... ry-talent/

Can't they sue her for damages and the like? Kind of like how OJ Simpson ended up getting some justice served against him by the Simpson and Goldman families by that death liability lawsuit.

In that specific case, I wonder about how bright her future will be if she has such a notable drug problem that leads to extremely violent behavior.

She wants to be a surgeon for Christs sake I wouldn't let her near me

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 23 May 2017 09:02

Vulcan 607 wrote:She wants to be a surgeon for Christs sake

Stabbing is practice, just with a larger scalpel.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Fri 26 May 2017 19:59

Working for Bergen pride week this summer. Never been to one so should be fun.
Viker for ingen!

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Mon 29 May 2017 01:03

Just had to do an IT test for a job opportunity, and it was so obtuse I can't even put into words how irritated I am right now. It was like a bad adventure game where you have to try and figure out the specific kind of logic unique to the developer. "Do X, but you aren't allowed to use method A or B." Of course, if you always use method A or B to do X, then you aren't going to know method C they are asking you about, because you don't need said method in an actual work environment. Some questions would let you use hotkeys, others wouldn't. Some would let you right-click, others wouldn't. Some wanted you to know the hotkey off by heart instead of just clicking on the button. Etc. It was a nightmare.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 29 May 2017 11:13

Well, I had a semi interesting 1, working in my lil kiosk, cleaning out the whippy machine (whipped icecream) and this was late in the day, had to be done because the mix we use only keeps for 5 days and dont want to poison people.

Anyways, a few people complain because they wanted that specific icecream (we have like 12 flavours in the freezer they could pick but nope, not enough options) and then to top it off, some .................... comes along demanding the whipped icecream (and yeah, demanding, not asking), then when I say sorry its in the middle of cleaning and he asks when it will be able to be used I say the next morning (which is true, its how we do things) and he gets more ratty, demanding I put it back together then and there for him which I refuse, explaining it would be 30minutes minimum for me to get that icecream for him, more likely 50 minutes, he says he is willing to wait, I tell him again no, he says I am giving shit customer service over this, I am nothing but polite by this point btw.

Then I just tell him to fuck off, he gets more angry and says "why are you taking a tone", I explain to him that I told him several times why it had to be cleaned, why it wasnt going back together and did so politlely and he was only being abusive, so he can... fuck off, that it takes 2 hours to clean the machine and i was an hour into it already, that I wasnt going to sit 3 more hours (near end of shift) to just give him a £1.90 icecream.

I mean, some people just assume that they are entitled to your service and custom, they aint, if you are told no, understand thees a reason for it, and dont get ratty or abusive, and if you do, dont be suprised when they refuse to serve you out and out.

I have this job because 1) easy, 2) love working with public and 3) i dont really need a major income and just want a relaxing year right now, why do people have to make my job stressful, lol.

On top of this, 30 hours wages down atm due to a "computer glitch", should get it in 2 weeks, so I wasnt in mood.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 4 Jul 2017 16:18

Well, I can only imagine the process of trying to go through Uber to hit them with the cleanup bill for that one...

Seattle man fatally shoots wife during argument in Uber car
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/uber-seattl ... oots-wife/
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 4 Jul 2017 16:38

Fade2Gray wrote:Well, I can only imagine the process of trying to go through Uber to hit them with the cleanup bill for that one...

Seattle man fatally shoots wife during argument in Uber car
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/uber-seattl ... oots-wife/

And I feel guilty when the taxi man misses me and has to make a second pass...

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sun 9 Jul 2017 18:15

Right now I have been forced to use SAP at the office, that job was supposed to be done by another person, yet, such person decided to quit because a bad atmosphere at the office and personal problems, oh, and the boss decided to remove our only other operator, currently I have had dumped all over me some of the tasks these two people usually did, meanwhile I see other 2 people at the office who haven't seen any additional job added to their to-do-list, either they argue ignorance or they say they have other stuff to do, what is more, I haven't find yet any place to move, I really want to quit as right now I only see things getting worse.