Job rant

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Job rant

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 9 Jul 2017 19:11

That's why you always say "I can't do that" or "I don't know how."
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sun 9 Jul 2017 19:55

Xeno426 wrote:That's why you always say "I can't do that" or "I don't know how."

I am trying! I am trying, but the code refuses to be overwritten, it has too many redundances, failsafes and backups in my mind :(

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 11 Jul 2017 18:23

Me in October: Yo job, if you're not giving me more hours, I'm thinking of restarting my education, so contact me.

Me in December: Yo job, still not heard form you, applied for full time study, if you need me, call me so we can sort something out.

Me in January: I start school in less than a few weeks, this is your last chance to contact me before it's set in stone.

Job from March until recent: Hey Spets, I don't suppose you can waork blah and blah and blah and blah.... You can't, why not? Also, we've got some full time posistions that urgently need filling in, can you do it?

Me:

Also found out that the night manager was fucking around one of my co-workers, she reckons he's not working hard enough, while he's the fucking hardest worker there is. He works 6 damned days and is always one step ahead of the team. I always suspected her of favoritism when she gave team member of the month to one chick who got into trouble every two or so days for doing nothing but playing with her fucking cellphone for 30 minutes on end (And nightfill has a very tight schedule). Fortunately the union, assistant manager and branch supervisor all seem to have his back so hopefully this all blows over.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 25 Jul 2017 20:54

Uber is overhauling its driver support systems in a bid to decrease turnover
https://www.recode.net/2017/7/25/160231 ... er-support

It has been on a campaign to retain its drivers and recruit new ones, and last month, the company started by rolling out an in-app tipping feature in addition to things like paying drivers for the time they wait for passengers after two minutes.

Wow, they take out that if a PAX makes the driver wait more than 5 minutes after driving to the location to pick them up, you can cancel on them and Uber will still bill the person screwing around $5 for wasting your time and gas, and now they are finally adding it back in? Seriously, having assholes ping you and then totally vanish and make you wait 5-10 minutes before you can only give up and cancel on them is real, and only now they are trying to fix this.

It's one of the reasons why I'm just doing stuff for my regulars and people I know now.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 25 Jul 2017 21:33

Well longest horse show of my life and I wasn't even showing my mum and our horse were in the ring for 3 hours (for 2 classes). It also doesn't help that the judging was crap the right horse won but the others were wrong 4th should have been second.
It's really annoying we got the mare and foal class done very quickly in the morning but this has rather spoilt a nice day.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 26 Jul 2017 03:24

Finally got my tentative schedule back for teaching assistant for Organic Chemistry I lab; Tuesday at 9-11 and 15-17, Wednesday at 15-17, and Thursday at 9-11.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 26 Jul 2017 05:34

To help pay my salary, every single one of you needs to buy a 2020 Porsche.

That's all I can say, sadly.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 26 Jul 2017 06:18

Killertomato wrote:To help pay my salary, every single one of you needs to buy a 2020 Porsche.

Unless I start making a six-figure salary, I'll never be buying a new car.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 26 Jul 2017 07:02

Killertomato wrote:To help pay my salary, every single one of you needs to buy a 2020 Porsche.

Sorry, looking to trade in for a GMC Terrain.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Mon 14 Aug 2017 04:48

Fade2Gray wrote:

Sorry, looking to trade in for a GMC Terrain.

Give it 20 years and your cylinder bores will have my tech in them too.

If anyone's still buying new ICE in the civilian world by then...
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?