Job rant

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Job rant

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 28 Aug 2017 22:59

Doinize wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:Or refer to Alexander the Great as a Macedonian.

Ummm, what else would you call him?

Well, the Greeks like to claim him.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 29 Aug 2017 09:36

Xeno426 wrote:What was the make and model?

Spark HG659b

None of the ports had colours, labels or names to them, nor did the quick-start guide indicate they did anything different.

Had to figure out things manually. Turns out the phone out-take was right next to the computer intake.

D-M

Postby D-M » Tue 29 Aug 2017 13:46

Shrike wrote:Professor in my community policing class made the mistake of calling APC/MRAP a tank. The marine in our class corrected her on this and she called him indoctrinated. Since she is from Greece and said she works for the UN, I'm going to glady bring up how many of the so called free western democracies like Italy and France have their own militarized police like the Gendarmerie and the Carabinieri.

Makes the SWAT team larping as military look small time compared to what countries in Europe have. Plus economically it makes more sense in the Europe. You got a ton of camo bdus and armored vehicles being sold for relatively cheap as surplus from all the wars as of recently. Its a lot more economical to buy milsurp than proprietary police equipment, especially with the grants that were being given out during the Obama years.

hmm hmm

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 29 Aug 2017 17:44

D-M wrote:
Shrike wrote:Professor in my community policing class made the mistake of calling APC/MRAP a tank. The marine in our class corrected her on this and she called him indoctrinated. Since she is from Greece and said she works for the UN, I'm going to glady bring up how many of the so called free western democracies like Italy and France have their own militarized police like the Gendarmerie and the Carabinieri.

Makes the SWAT team larping as military look small time compared to what countries in Europe have. Plus economically it makes more sense in the Europe. You got a ton of camo bdus and armored vehicles being sold for relatively cheap as surplus from all the wars as of recently. Its a lot more economical to buy milsurp than proprietary police equipment, especially with the grants that were being given out during the Obama years.

hmm hmm

hmmmm

D-M

Postby D-M » Tue 29 Aug 2017 17:49

Shrike wrote:
D-M wrote:

hmm hmm

hmmmm

hmhmhmhm

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 29 Aug 2017 18:20

Maybe they have good taste, like the Dutch

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Tue 29 Aug 2017 18:49

Shrike wrote:Maybe they have good taste, like the Dutch

Thats not police tough...they arent a militarised police unit, they are an independent branch of the armed forces.

Military police exists, yes, but that doesnt mean that its a good idea to have sheriff Bunghole in Fartington, West Virginia buy a fucking Predator drone...

Xeno426 wrote:
Doinize wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:Or refer to Alexander the Great as a Macedonian.

Ummm, what else would you call him?

Well, the Greeks like to claim him.

Well thats sort of the problem when what was once a clearly defined region/thing now spans three countries...
Its just feels sort of wierd to call him greek, as none of his contemporaries would call him anything but macedonian...

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 29 Aug 2017 19:35

Doinize wrote:Thats not police tough...they arent a militarised police unit, they are an independent branch of the armed forces.

Military police exists, yes, but that doesnt mean that its a good idea to have sheriff Bunghole in Fartington, West Virginia buy a fucking Predator drone...

Personally I don't mind police having things like APCs if its for dire circumstances, however anything else is just too much or extremely hard to justify. The main issue I have is people act like the US is the only western country in the world have police with armored vehicles when clearly their are places in Europe that have militarized police units or branches of military dedicated to policing. Which is a problem, because in the US there is a persistent misconception that only American police are capable of brutal acts of violence and that only American police carry guns while thinking that every police officer across Europe is a friendly British bobby who waves hello to everyone. Clearly they haven't seen the Spanish and German police handle riots yet.

Granted the US probably uses lethal force more than anyone else, however its that the people here seem to be poorly informed or believe in misconception and preconceived stereotypes.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 10 Sep 2017 10:38

So we had a bit of a shake up today.

One of my managers has been arrested for colluding with armed robbers, she was a super cool manager too...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 10 Sep 2017 14:20

First time I've ever seen the ramp stay level like that on a Micro Machine in motion.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?