Job rant

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Re: Job rant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sun 8 Oct 2017 11:45

Holy shit today was rough.. That's it, same shit, different toilet, catch me on one of them "You won't believe what this emoloyee did" clickbait things one day watch.. People drive me insane
Last edited by StalkerDellaNote on Mon 23 Oct 2017 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Sat 14 Oct 2017 22:51

My university has its own craftbeer.

I may have made a grave mistake...

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 15 Oct 2017 02:24

Doinize wrote:My university has its own craftbeer.

I may have made a grave mistake...

Only one? Only beer? Sad! We have three, a vineyard, a distillery, an ice cream plant, a meat shop and an organic farm.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 21 Oct 2017 05:37

Does anyone have good suggestions on cellphones that do not have shitty cables? I'm getting sick and tired of constantly having to buy new USB cables because they always seem to go to hell before long. My latest one to go bad lasted only a bit over 2 weeks. Trying to Uber/Lyft, but the cable would stop charging my phone at any half decent bump in the road. Sometimes I would just be idle, waiting for a ping while reading or eating, and it would disconnect. It is getting to be annoying.

Seriously, micro-USB cables are garbage. This time I went and purchased 3 at once just in case.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 22 Oct 2017 07:57

Fade2Gray wrote:Does anyone have good suggestions on cellphones that do not have shitty cables? I'm getting sick and tired of constantly having to buy new USB cables because they always seem to go to hell before long. My latest one to go bad lasted only a bit over 2 weeks. Trying to Uber/Lyft, but the cable would stop charging my phone at any half decent bump in the road. Sometimes I would just be idle, waiting for a ping while reading or eating, and it would disconnect. It is getting to be annoying.

Seriously, micro-USB cables are garbage. This time I went and purchased 3 at once just in case.

There seem to be two people in this world.

Those who ruin cables within weeks and those who keep them for life.

Mother and sister have chewed though so many cables I've lost count, meanwhile, my 1st gen iPod touch is still using it's original cable...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 22 Oct 2017 08:09

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:There seem to be two people in this world.

Those who ruin cables within weeks and those who keep them for life.

Mother and sister have chewed though so many cables I've lost count, meanwhile, my 1st gen iPod touch is still using it's original cable...

I have a pair of iPods that still use the original cables, and yeah despite how badly beat up they are they still work fine. Those cables are great, the problem is that micro-USB cables are trash and tend to wear out quickly if you don't baby them and use them strictly for charging your phone on a flat surface.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 22 Oct 2017 08:27

I've had problems where I damage the spot where the micro-USB head intersects with the cable thanks to reading my phone in bed while it's plugged in. I recently got a pair of cables that have the micro-USB head at an angle (here's what I got if you want to take a look). It'll be a while before I can say if they work or not because it took over six months for me to destroy my last micro-USB cable.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sun 22 Oct 2017 16:00

I have the little clips in them wear out often.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 22 Oct 2017 16:59

Xeno426 wrote:I've had problems where I damage the spot where the micro-USB head intersects with the cable thanks to reading my phone in bed while it's plugged in. I recently got a pair of cables that have the micro-USB head at an angle (here's what I got if you want to take a look). It'll be a while before I can say if they work or not because it took over six months for me to destroy my last micro-USB cable.

Before I started driving for Uber my cables lasted a good long while. Now that I drive on weekends at times it seems like I blow through them at a ridic pace. Before that the only time I'd plug my phone in was when I was charging it for the night before crashing out.

I'm seriously tempted to give that cable a try.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Fri 27 Oct 2017 23:41

Oh i almost forgot to mention, i drove by like 20 Bradleys while commuting today...