Job rant

User avatar
StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant
Posts: 1447
Joined: Tue 12 Nov 2013 12:23
Location: Southern California, USA
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Fri 17 Nov 2017 02:04

I think I got hearing damage from the headset at work and IDK where to go from here..

Last night with taking orders over the headset there was a really loud echo that pierced my ears like crazy. A very sharp pain I've only felt once before, which I experienced while shooting without hearing protection, the whole rest of the night my ear rang very loud.. When I woke this morning I noticed I could barely hear out of my left ear and there's just this dull pain buzzing away.. I did a peroxide wash thinking it might help and nothing

I was using the headset properly and it happened very sudden while I was operating as usual.. We've been having headset problems for a few weeks now and I have a feeling it's a direct result of the store's state of neglect

What should I do?
Image
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

captaincarnage
Major
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 23:50
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 17 Nov 2017 02:44

StalkerDellaNote wrote:I think I got hearing damage from the headset at work and IDK where to go from here..

Last night with taking orders over the headset there was a really loud echo that pierced my ears like crazy. A very sharp pain I've only felt once before, which I experienced while shooting without hearing protection, the whole rest of the night my ear rang very loud.. When I woke this morning I noticed I could barely hear out of my left ear and there's just this dull pain buzzing away.. I did a peroxide wash thinking it might help and nothing

I was using the headset properly and it happened very sudden while I was operating as usual.. We've been having headset problems for a few weeks now and I have a feeling it's a direct result of the store's state of neglect

What should I do?


Report it in the accident book at work.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

User avatar
Xeno426
Carbon 13
Posts: 11928
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 21:27
Location: Acheron, Hadley's Hope
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 17 Nov 2017 04:01

StalkerDellaNote wrote:What should I do?

Talk to an actual medical professional and not a gaming forum?
Image
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

User avatar
StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant
Posts: 1447
Joined: Tue 12 Nov 2013 12:23
Location: Southern California, USA
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Fri 17 Nov 2017 12:30

Xeno426 wrote:
StalkerDellaNote wrote:What should I do?

Talk to an actual medical professional and not a gaming forum?

Not what I mean, went to my ENT doctor already, I'm talkin' what should I do about their shit? Like do I take a complaint to corporate level? This is the kinda place that likes to brush shit under the rug
Image
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

User avatar
Doinize
Lieutenant
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue 30 Jul 2013 13:14
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby Doinize » Fri 17 Nov 2017 12:38

StalkerDellaNote wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:
StalkerDellaNote wrote:What should I do?

Talk to an actual medical professional and not a gaming forum?

Not what I mean, went to my ENT doctor already, I'm talkin' what should I do about their shit? Like do I take a complaint to corporate level? This is the kinda place that likes to brush shit under the rug

Are you unionised?
Image

User avatar
StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant
Posts: 1447
Joined: Tue 12 Nov 2013 12:23
Location: Southern California, USA
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Fri 17 Nov 2017 19:07

Doinize wrote:
StalkerDellaNote wrote:Not what I mean, went to my ENT doctor already, I'm talkin' what should I do about their shit? Like do I take a complaint to corporate level? This is the kinda place that likes to brush shit under the rug

Are you unionised?

Not through this job no, it was just meant to be a seasonal thing working food service back at Sonic
Image
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

User avatar
Vulcan 607
Major-General
Posts: 3854
Joined: Mon 31 Mar 2014 20:40
Location: Malton
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 17 Nov 2017 20:05

StalkerDellaNote wrote:I think I got hearing damage from the headset at work and IDK where to go from here..

Last night with taking orders over the headset there was a really loud echo that pierced my ears like crazy. A very sharp pain I've only felt once before, which I experienced while shooting without hearing protection, the whole rest of the night my ear rang very loud.. When I woke this morning I noticed I could barely hear out of my left ear and there's just this dull pain buzzing away.. I did a peroxide wash thinking it might help and nothing

I was using the headset properly and it happened very sudden while I was operating as usual.. We've been having headset problems for a few weeks now and I have a feeling it's a direct result of the store's state of neglect

What should I do?


Sympathies think I've lost a small amount of hearing in one ear though I can still hear bats so that's good.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12179
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby Mike » Sat 18 Nov 2017 01:08

StalkerDellaNote wrote:
Doinize wrote:
StalkerDellaNote wrote:Not what I mean, went to my ENT doctor already, I'm talkin' what should I do about their shit? Like do I take a complaint to corporate level? This is the kinda place that likes to brush shit under the rug

Are you unionised?

Not through this job no, it was just meant to be a seasonal thing working food service back at Sonic


If the equipment malfunctioned through the negligence of the company, I believe they owe you compensation.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General
Posts: 6368
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2012 11:40
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 14 Dec 2017 06:51

Windows update broke my drivers, again...

I swear MS's codes their software by just taking a shit on the keyboard and publishing whatever shows.
Image

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12179
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Job rant

Postby Mike » Thu 14 Dec 2017 06:59

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Windows update broke my drivers, again...

I swear MS's codes their software by just taking a shit on the keyboard and publishing whatever shows.


Ever since I updated Windows 10, my RAM useage is so damn high that it bogs down my computer and eventually causes the graphics driver to fail and forces me to restart my computer. And it failed one time mid final exam.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mike and 3 guests