So, what's up with immigrants?

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: So, what's up with immigrants?

Postby another505 » Sun 27 Sep 2015 03:55

Shrike wrote:What if colonialism never happened?

USA and Canada, wouldnt exist :lol:
Of Salt

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 27 Sep 2015 04:06

I was thinking scramble for Africa brand colonialism. That other one though, I'm not even sure I would be able to exist in that world due to a complicated family tree.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 27 Sep 2015 04:49

Lord Helmchen wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:
Drang wrote:$20 says if we hadn't pitched in in Libya, then we'd be having the exact same conversation, only it would be nonintervention being blamed.

Honestly I doubt there would be as much coming from Libya as there is now. Gaddafi would have brought back stability had he won.

Sad thing is that I think that all former ruling dictators(Saddam, Gaddafi, Assad[to a lesser extent, he's still somehow in charge]) would've brought back stability if they'd still be in charge.

Yup. Yeah, you got some brutal dictators, but for all the fuss some 'Murikens make about them...

is what we have now any better than what we had before?
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Sun 27 Sep 2015 09:01

Fade2Gray wrote:You know, if people would spend the energy they put into pointing the finger elsewhere into just admitting the fuckups they caused and learning from it, we might actually see progress. Oh well, not that surprising of a response. Best part? Acting like the Arab League should do more about ISIS, when they are probably using ISIS to try to curb Iran's growing influence.

Progress? Because all those pointing their finger at the US have a good record for bringing about "progress" in the Middle East? :roll: Of course the damn Arab League should do more about ISIS, but apparently indirect support for ISIS is also America's fault and they can't be blamed for it. Nobody can be blamed for anything (besides for the USA), right?

How did Iran get that influence? Oh yeah, Murika's total disaster in Iraq, that Darth desperately tries to downplay. The USA pretty much handed Iraq to Iran on a silver platter. Heaven forbid that the evidence is a landslide that points at Murika and GOP shenanigans.

And Iraq was a magical wonderland before we got there right? But Bush ruined it on his own. None of your beloved Democrats voted to go in, the Iraqis didn't have any hand in the fate of their own country, the Iranians didn't seize every opportunity to cause trouble, none of that happened. It was all big bad America's fault. :roll:
Curious how the USA has spent so much enough putting down democracy around the world for various reasons. Irony. Oh well, let's whine about how Murika gets bashed, liberals, and Commies.

Are you really going to pretend everywhere in the world was a picturesque Democracy before America showed up? Or are you just using the same definition of "democracy" the "Democratic" People's Republic of North goes by.

"Wahh wahh wahh, big bad America"
Any more constructive comments to add Fade? I'm sure we could all learn a lot from such YouTube-comment-quality "insight".
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 27 Sep 2015 09:18

http://news.yahoo.com/finlands-no-good- ... 42061.html
This came from yahoo so take it with grain of sand.

Drang
Major-General

Postby Drang » Sun 27 Sep 2015 10:20

Shrike wrote:What if colonialism never happened?

No Persian Empire, Carthage, Roman Empire, Macedonian Empire/Diadoachi, Assyrian Empire...? Impossible to say.

Fade2Gray wrote:
Drang wrote:$20 says if we hadn't pitched in in Libya, then we'd be having the exact same conversation, only it would be nonintervention being blamed.

Honestly I doubt there would be as much coming from Libya as there is now. Gaddafi would have brought back stability had he won.

Flattening towns with Grad strikes does not encourage people to stay.
Last edited by Drang on Sun 27 Sep 2015 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sleksa » Sun 27 Sep 2015 10:21

Shrike wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/finlands-no-good-disappointed-migrants-turn-back-152042061.html
This came from yahoo so take it with grain of sand.

National broadcast company:

http://yle.fi/uutiset/iraqis_on_facebook_warn_compatriots_against_coming_to_finland/8321293

In the meantime, anywhere between 300-1000 people are arriving daily, and roughly 5 new centers are needed a week to house a weekly influx of about 3.000 people, which is the number for the entire year 2013's immigration. Counties are reluctant to give up facilities, but they might just be taken by the goverment if they decide so. Taxi companies are also making a killing with the people hauled by Sweden with their national railway line from their border to Denmark into ours up north paying thousands to be driven further south and avoid being registered in the centers. Smugglers are also getting caught daily in the same Swedish border region and the border guards are removing scanners from ports and other parts of the border to try and contain the situation, while the military's been called in to help with manpower.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/immigration_service_to_stop_asking_municipalities_about_new_reception_centres/8288521

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtv.fi%2Fuutiset%2Fkotimaa%2Fartikkeli%2Fturvapaikanhakijat-taksilla-eri-puolille-suomea-1400-euron-turun-matka-ei-tunnu-missaan%2F5325552&edit-text=

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 27 Sep 2015 12:24

Darth, do you ever stop lying about my views? Why is it whenever you get triggered you start fabricating stuff about me?

Anyways...

Drang wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:

Flattening towns with Grad strikes does not encourage people to stay.

The war would be over by now(by an educated guess), compared to the fighting that has raged on with extremists who got to flood in with Gaddafi not maintaining things.

Yeah, he's a bastard when he has to be, but I'm doubtful it would still be as jacked up as it is now if he was still in power. No doubt you'd see people flee, especially those that resisted, but what do you expect?
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 27 Sep 2015 15:51

If the US should have ousted anyone IMHO, it should have been the Gulf states.

Bot only could you have ousted the hierarchys more peacefully (Probably) than in Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan etc. You would have destroyed one of the biggest state spongers or international terrorism in the world.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sun 27 Sep 2015 18:05

So apparently elections in upper Austria will result in ~32% for the FPÖ(right-wing party). They gained 16%, so ~100% compared to the last elections while the other big parties lost lots of seats(if the prognosis come true ofc).

Maybe a result of the recent immigration- and refugeecrisis?

Return to “Off-Topic”