Canada and its F-35

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Canada and its F-35

Postby another505 » Tue 22 Sep 2015 06:59

So if the liberal wins, they will outright cancel the the F-35 program that we already dumped a lot of money in it (Canada is pretty good at wasting money I could tell you that... we built powerplants only to shut them down immediately. I am pretty sure we lost money in Pan Am games, in excuse our government says the money was worth the improvement in infrastructure. Bullshit, our subway still doesnt have signals/wifi except a few stations, and there were no improvements to infrastructure that actually matters, 401/401 highway)

http://www.janes.com/article/54685/cana ... ticipation

Canada's opposition Liberal Party would end the country's participation in the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter programme if it gains control of the government, party leader Justin Trudeau said on 20 September.

"A Liberal government will ... do what the [current Conservative government] ought to have said years ago: 'We will not buy the F-35 fighter jet'," he stated.

Instead of purchasing F-35s, Trudeau said he would launch an "open and transparent competition" for a more affordable replacement for Canada's Boeing (McDonnell Douglas) CF-18 Hornet combat aircraft.

Well, NDP kinda have my vote to begin with, this kinda seals the deal. Conservatives arent doing too bad, we survived the economic crisis from 2008 pretty well, and slight recessions we are having now...although the new bill kinda made a lot of canadians second class citizens, including me... :roll: (but i have Macau SAR citizenship, which is better :lol: )
The liberals are... honestly, i dont really know what they are doing lol

But anyways, back to the planes. F35 alternatives have been looked far and wide, from rafale to grippens, and every time they kinda shove it off. There is a life extension program to f18 but that wont extend very long, only to the mid 2020s iirc.

For now, I say we will just for the F-35, even though I hate that plane for its looks.. and its not going to cost well cause canada is cheapskate in military budget, i remember reading news that our soldier spends 50 rounds per year in training only and helicopters basically have to be disassembled and put back to maintain it every time after it flew . The military are ripping parts from the museum for their planes...
Our navy is probably the only good side of it since we are making new destroyers and i just might join...

Thankfully, I doubt the liberal will win anyways, they and the frenchies got their ass kicked last time in the election of No-Confidence
Of Salt

rex88
Lieutenant
Location: Land of Iced Cappuccino. Why buy a mattress anywhere else?

Re: Canada and its F-35

Postby rex88 » Tue 22 Sep 2015 07:53

mulcair
if mulcair fails, extra-parliamentary opposition

although tbh, trudeau is probably more likely to make canda into a standalone major power
Thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for making this signature.

another505

Postby another505 » Tue 22 Sep 2015 08:13

rex88 wrote:mulcair

although tbh, trudeau is probably more likely to make canda into a standalone major power

Probably, the liberals still wont win the elections but a few more seats. And I doubt Trudeau will leave the liberals since these kinds of people are forced to follow their father's legacy...
Of Salt

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Tue 22 Sep 2015 08:24

A few questions if I may so that I get my bearings.

How much money has Canada sunk into the program?
And I checked the debt, it's grown rapidly in recent years, both on a province and on a national level, haven't a lot of people associated that to the Harper cabinet?

rex88
Lieutenant
Location: Land of Iced Cappuccino. Why buy a mattress anywhere else?

Postby rex88 » Tue 22 Sep 2015 08:30

another505 wrote:

Probably, the liberals still wont win the elections but a few more seats. And I doubt Trudeau will leave the liberals since these kinds of people are forced to follow their father's legacy...

and about the fighters, i'd much rather import rafale and learn to clone it then start from there
P&W is already here after all

as for civilian projects, would be good to extend VIA to vancouver and fredricton, then yellowknife
force-build green cities in the north with newest archtecture and environmental facilities
we have so much land, so much water, so much access to everyone's science
better to do something with it...

hopefully mulcair will do some of these projects... i know trudeau would, but he doesn't have leadership qualities

delfo wrote:A few questions if I may so that I get my bearings.

And I checked the debt, it's grown rapidly in recent years, both on a province and on a national level, haven't a lot of people associated that to the Harper cabinet?

i'll say this up front - i don't know the details since i'm afraid to learn even more than i already have

in general, harper's neolib agenda is to minimize the variety of industries that exist in canada that are of a standalone calibre

hence his winquote "there is no canadian economy, there is world economy"

moneywise though our conservatives don't have a tradition of spending money on any forward-looking item, including the F-35... tbh im not too worried about sinking too much money into it, i'm more worried about sitting on our hands
Thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for making this signature.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Tue 22 Sep 2015 08:41

rex88 wrote:

i'll say this up front - i don't know the details since i'm afraid to learn even more than i already have

in general, harper's neolib agenda is to minimize the variety of industries that exist in canada that are of a standalone calibre

hence his winquote "there is no canadian economy, there is world economy"

moneywise though our conservatives don't have a tradition of spending money on any forward-looking item, including the F-35... tbh im not too worried about sinking too much money into it, i'm more worried about sitting on our hands

But you also have to factor in the growth of household debt which is very very troubling. While the government can wither a storm for a few years that is another beast altogether.

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Tue 22 Sep 2015 11:51

CBC wrote:Mulcair said both his opponents have it wrong. While the Liberals are ruling out an option without having all the facts, Harper has practised "decision-based fact making" by pursuing the F-35 at all costs.

The NDP, in contrast, would embark on an open procurement process to get the right fighter jets in the air quickly, he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada- ... -1.3237046

Difficult to say, information is very opaque. It might be voluntary. Last time i heard numbers cited was in 2012. Private firms had received close to half a billion Canadian dollars in contracts, and the state had invested about 300 millions.
This is to be compared with an acquisition cost of $10.7 billion, and a total cost of $49 billion:
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... ian-dollar
As to why Harper is stil there despite ruining the Canadian dollar, well you have to accuse Canada's weird representative system.
Last edited by nWODT_Niack on Tue 22 Sep 2015 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
Croche et Tient

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Tue 22 Sep 2015 11:53

How open is "open"?
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Tue 22 Sep 2015 12:07

Not to Russian planes Ikalugin. Go back into hibernation.
Croche et Tient

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Tue 22 Sep 2015 12:23

Why, I was going to suggest glorious desighn of Rafale.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Return to “Off-Topic”