Breaking: Attack in Paris

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Breaking: Attack in Paris

Postby ikalugin » Sat 14 Nov 2015 11:08

Condolences.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sat 14 Nov 2015 11:33

Condolences to y'all..
Hope all will settle soon

Has me thinkin' "who's next?"
It's not something you can always foil.. There's always an attempt or a plan..
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Sat 14 Nov 2015 12:55

A comment.

Attacks of this nature are inevitable and regretable. What France should do is to study the causes for the attacks, the mistakes that lead to them, make conclusions and act upon them.

In my opinion one of the core reasons for those attacks (as well as the other such attacks - the two well known ones in Russia are a good example) as the same as always - destabilisation of the ME (in Russian case - North Caucasus region). While the attackers themselves may be from the EU, modern world is so interconnected (information and ideology wise if nothting else) that degration of stability in ME leads to such events elsewhere.
Thus, in my opinion, sensible policy should seek not to lock down the borders per say, but to improve survailance and to stabilise the ME, as well as to fight the radical islamist movements.
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Sat 14 Nov 2015 13:17

Not only ME destabilisation. There is a long history of islamist threat upon France since the Algeria war. France waged secret wars against Iran, Syria and other countries that resulted in terrorist type attacks on french soil.

Today, ISIS is clearly a threat but it is a very new one and not really well organised to attack in France. The biggest threats are all the Sahelian islamists such as Belmokhtar (who is responsible of the In Amenas attack in Algeria some years ago) and AQPA friends who have historical links with french based activists.

Edit : it seems those guys were sent by ISIS actually. They are progressing quite fast...
Last edited by Crotou on Sat 14 Nov 2015 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 14 Nov 2015 13:19

StalkerDellaNote wrote:Condolences to y'all..

Germany
According to /pol/. :>

btw, where is AustrianOak ? I 'd have bet he 'd be turned on right now.
Last edited by D-M on Sat 14 Nov 2015 15:08, edited 2 times in total.

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Sat 14 Nov 2015 14:22

Shrike wrote:Man, what did France do to get so many attacks lately?

A great number of reasons.

According to Jean-Pierre Filiu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Filiu), professor of Middle-East studies, talking today on national radio France Inter:
- France has been acting independently in Syria, with a great deal of publicity,
- France is emphasizing that Bachar El-Assad is a problem almost as much as Daech and must be eventually removed. According to him, Daech has no actual quarrel with Assad, and need him in order to justify their action (possibly: need him to be toppled by Daech).

Add to this that:
- France has traditionally held a secular internal policy, with a theist/atheist tradition that can be traced to the XVIIth century,
- We have had a complex relationship with Islam since the african colonisation period, and subsequent decolonization wars made that relationship quite biter,
- The recent rebalancing of the political spectrum giving more power to xenophobic right-wingers might (strong emphasis on might) have played a role,
- We are currently leading anti-terrorist efforts in the Sahara and Sahel regions, and this is geographically synonym with fighting islamist radicals.

So not any one reason, but a combination of individual ones that put France and the French in a position to be a perfect symbolic target for islamic terrorism.
Croche et Tient

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Sat 14 Nov 2015 14:39

D-M wrote:
StalkerDellaNote wrote:Condolences to y'all..

Germany
According to /pol/. :>

btw, where is AustrianOak ? I 'd have bet he 'd be turn on right.

His last post gave the impression that behind the bravado he was channeling pure unadulterated fear and relied on a crowd mentality to peddle his message. I would assume he is currently in a state that is one part vicious glee and two parts primal fear.

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Sat 14 Nov 2015 14:44

Sorry for the late reply but I'm in Japan at the moment with spotty internet...

My condolences to the family and friends of those lost and injured in the cowardly attacks. My condolences to Paris who suffered another black day. My condolences France who lost more innocent people to a bunch of cowards...

buczer
Warrant Officer

Postby buczer » Sat 14 Nov 2015 15:58

Terrorist attack death toll in european countries are high that year :(

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Sat 14 Nov 2015 16:06

Romiros wrote:
orcbuster wrote:Romiros, your arguments have little coherrence or base in reality.France has done enough foreign wars to know perfectly well what they could expect. They (and the EU in general for that matter) have experienced similar before. And you as a russian should know fully well that yours is a hypocritical argument considering your own experience in the matter....

Our experience is what letting us to tell what they did wrong. It was coordinated attack. In 2015. In a country's capital. Do you understand the scale of preparations made by terrorists and with that - scale of f@#$ up of state security forces who missed that preparations? It's not two chechen kids who made up a bomb in their basement, silently, by their own initiative, without letting others know. It's weapon, it's explosives, it's ammo, it's transport, it's cash.

I wouldn't get too judgmental of French security services, chances are something like this will happen to Russia soon.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

Return to “Off-Topic”