Blinded by the Rising Sun? American Intelligence Assessments of Japanese Air and Naval Power, 1920-1941

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Re: Blinded by the Rising Sun? American Intelligence Assessments of Japanese Air and Naval Power, 1920-1941

Postby Admiral Piett » Thu 25 Feb 2016 21:03

Mike wrote:I don't think I want to know what's in dumpsters at Taco Bell. :lol:

That is where the meat comes from. :lol:

I will actually be applying for support staff positions at post-secondaries. I wouldn't be teaching, but I would at least still be in an academic environment.

CornProducts
Colonel

Re: Blinded by the Rising Sun? American Intelligence Assessments of Japanese Air and Naval Power, 1920-1941

Postby CornProducts » Thu 25 Feb 2016 21:03

Mike wrote:
Admiral Piett wrote:Try and find meaningful full-time employment. Alternatively I will spend my time rummaging through a dumpster in between working shifts at Taco Bell. :lol:

I don't think I want to know what's in dumpsters at Taco Bell. :lol:

Probably the same thing that is inside... food poisoning and botulism.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 25 Feb 2016 21:13

Admiral Piett wrote:
Mike wrote:I don't think I want to know what's in dumpsters at Taco Bell. :lol:

I will actually be applying for support staff positions at post-secondaries. I wouldn't be teaching, but I would at least still be in an academic environment.

Much better than Taco Bell for sure! :lol:

CornProducts wrote:
Mike wrote:
Admiral Piett wrote:Try and find meaningful full-time employment. Alternatively I will spend my time rummaging through a dumpster in between working shifts at Taco Bell. :lol:

I don't think I want to know what's in dumpsters at Taco Bell. :lol:

Probably the same thing that is inside... food poisoning and botulism.

Except ×10. :?
Courtesy of KattiValk

Harout
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Harout » Fri 8 Jul 2016 20:35

This was great thank you. What are you doing now?

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Fri 8 Jul 2016 21:56

Harout wrote:This was great thank you. What are you doing now?

Thanks!

I have defended, got my degree and I'm now just job searching. The economy sucks where I live though, so it has been tough. I'm just looking for support staff positions at various post secondaries and the like. Nothing too exciting. I met with my supervisor a couple days ago over coffee and he suggested I try to get my thesis published through Osprey (or other similar publishers), because he thought it was very good for an MA.

Harout
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Harout » Sat 23 Jul 2016 13:54

Admiral Piett wrote:

Thanks!

I have defended, got my degree and I'm now just job searching. The economy sucks where I live though, so it has been tough. I'm just looking for support staff positions at various post secondaries and the like. Nothing too exciting. I met with my supervisor a couple days ago over coffee and he suggested I try to get my thesis published through Osprey (or other similar publishers), because he thought it was very good for an MA.

Congratulations! That is a great idea. Keep us updated. I wish you fair winds and following sea.

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sat 23 Jul 2016 21:30

Admiral Piett wrote:

Thanks!

I happened to be in the same situation a few years back, once I had defended my thesis ... and I ended working in the videogame industy. :lol:
History leads to everything. 8-)

Very interesting reading by the way.
Make sure to let us know if/when your thesis is published: I don't know much about the Pacific theater, that seems to be a good way to start.

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Sat 23 Jul 2016 21:32

[EUG]MadMat wrote:I happened to be in the same situation a few years back, once I had defended my thesis ... and I ended working in the videogame industy. :lol:
History leads to everything. 8-)

Very interesting reading by the way.
Make sure to let us know if/when your thesis is published: I don't know much about the Pacific theater, that seems to be a good way to start.

Hahahaha, yeah. It can lead to some crazy places. :lol:

Thanks! I can PM you a PDF if you want?

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sat 23 Jul 2016 22:23

Admiral Piett wrote:Thanks! I can PM you a PDF if you want?

I'm kinda old school: I like the touch of the book, I don't read on my computer or an e-book reader.
It must come with the trade of professional bookworm ... ;)

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Sat 23 Jul 2016 23:14

[EUG]MadMat wrote:I'm kinda old school: I like the touch of the book, I don't read on my computer or an e-book reader.
It must come with the trade of professional bookworm ... ;)

Hahahaha, that is fair. I still prefer paper myself. :lol: