Rainbow Six: Siege

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Rainbow Six: Siege

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sat 12 Dec 2015 12:09

Despite all it's connectivity issues, and the lack of anti-cheat this game is pure GOLD

What I used to describe it to my friends and what I'll use to convince those of you who haven't played it yet

The first genuinely fun shooter in what feels like a decade..
A game that could finally be, "the counter strike killer"..
CoD's Search and Destroy game mode on steroids, minus the 10 year olds..
A first person SOCOM:US Navy Seals..
MoH Warfighter reimagined and done right..

This game just feels right, a shooter that just puts a smile on my face..

It isn't too James Cameron like DICE games
It isn't too Michael Bay like the CoD games
It's like a good Martin Scorsese film.. And it suits it well, if this game where Scorsese's entire filmography, "Hugo" would be the connectivity issues.. A tiny blip in an otherwise excellent career..

And they're doing things right for once when it comes to both DLC and Micro transactions

DLC is entirely free with season pass holders getting slight early access and no effort unlocks on the DLC operators

Micro transactions are credits that can buy you mainly "Renown" (the in game currency) boosters and weapon camos, completely nonessential, but fun for those who have the money and maybe want to buy the "Woody" camo for the M590A1, because that's one sexy camo.

I'm having a blast, it's my current go-to, nolife game right now..

Anyone else have any input?
Share some Gameplay video of yours, or your own screens
Maybe wanna find some familiar faces to play with?

P.S. There are a few glitches here and there, but the devs are very open and communicative and working on a Mother of all Patches right quick
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 12 Dec 2015 12:20

StalkerDellaNote wrote:-snip-

I can only agree with the OP. The best shooter in a while (next to Insurgency really). Have been playing it alot lately and really enjoy it. Especially the ability to play tactical, take your time and plan attacks instead of only run and gun around to win a game. Nothing is more satisfying than planning a good two minutes and winning the round during an intense 20 second firefight.

The two most interesting things are, in my opinion, the sound and the camera system. Holy molly that sound! :shock: You can hear EVERYONE walk inside the buildings, so equipping a silencer as defensive player and roaming around the flanks can really change a rounds outcome. Its lovely.
And the camera spotting is a great tool for people who already died to actually help the team by giving information on enemies approaching and spotting them for the teammates still alive. Great little feature!

All in all a very good game (despite the little bugs, connectivity issue and sometimes too long downtime between games). Really enjoy it!

Object199
Warrant Officer

Postby Object199 » Sat 12 Dec 2015 15:56

Leopard fur camo on the guns?

Also, that abomination called Uplay launcher. I really want to try it out, but nope. Rip Rainbox Six Siege. Rip The Divison.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sat 12 Dec 2015 18:24

Great game agree on most points.

Turns out in order to innovate you have to focus on small scale and detail as opposed to large scale as most modern shooters tend to do.

Also
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/12/09
Viker for ingen!

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 12 Dec 2015 20:02

StalkerDellaNote wrote:Image

Wow, I did not want to see this just after I wake up.

On a serious note, you better hope that they get some solid anti cheat stuff in place and quick. Nothing wrecks a game faster than hordes of aimbots.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sat 12 Dec 2015 20:51

I Play it on the xbone. Dunno if aimbots are an issue there.
Viker for ingen!

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 12 Dec 2015 20:54

And I remember all the whinners saying how much it will be shit and how much they 'd have rather Generic Shooter : Patriot instead. ^^

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 13 Dec 2015 01:37

How does it compare to the original Rainbow Six games? I consider "original" to basically end with Raven's Shield, BTW.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sun 13 Dec 2015 05:01

Oh boy.. I can barely remember that far back LoL
Uhn.. Graphically speaking.. It stacks up if you compare era to era..
Like Raven Shield was damn good for it's day.. As is Siege

One thing that sets siege apart from all previous Rainbow Six games is that there's zero friendly AI, it's 98% Multiplayer based, whether it be Terrorist Hunt or competitive PVP Multi.. It encourages team play all the way..

Another would be they did away with any 3rd person aspects.. Like the 3rd person contextual lean thing.. It rather has a fairly basic left-right lean which works whether you're standing, crouched, or prone
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 13 Dec 2015 05:39

StalkerDellaNote wrote:Oh boy.. I can barely remember that far back LoL
Uhn.. Graphically speaking.. It stacks up if you compare era to era..
Like Raven Shield was damn good for it's day.. As is Siege[/quotes]
Graphics for me are secondary. I immensely enjoy Insurgency, which is certainly passable but hardly a AAA title.

StalkerDellaNote wrote:One thing that sets siege apart from all previous Rainbow Six games is that there's zero friendly AI, it's 98% Multiplayer based, whether it be Terrorist Hunt or competitive PVP Multi.. It encourages team play all the way..

So we still don't have one of the staples that made the R6 games unique; a squad that you can move around with and switch between.

StalkerDellaNote wrote:Another would be they did away with any 3rd person aspects.. Like the 3rd person contextual lean thing.. It rather has a fairly basic left-right lean which works whether you're standing, crouched, or prone

That's BS they added in Vegas and I'm glad to hear they yanked it.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.