Anyone here play tabletop roleplaying games?

Pr.shadocko
First Sergeant

Re: Anyone here play tabletop roleplaying games?

Postby Pr.shadocko » Tue 13 Jun 2017 10:49

Disengaging doesn't go well fluff-wise with DKoK :D
(c) Darkmil

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 13 Jun 2017 10:58

Pr.shadocko wrote:Disengaging doesn't go well fluff-wise with DKoK :D

Exactly, which is why i need dakka to make sure "only enough" get close to make a show of how things should go :D

But i gotta thing, do i get mortars, heavy stubbers, what....

Pr.shadocko
First Sergeant

Postby Pr.shadocko » Tue 13 Jun 2017 16:53

hum, as the unit who charge hit first, drowning xenos with IG body could actually work.

1/ first line take the brunt (+autohit flamer overwatch, and commisar for moral)
2/ second line countercharge
3/ third line countercountercharge
and so on

10/10 fluff respected :lol:

Edit: thanks Xenos for the tip!
Last edited by Pr.shadocko on Tue 13 Jun 2017 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
(c) Darkmil

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 13 Jun 2017 16:56

Pr.shadocko wrote: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDaqW9sdc1Q[/youtube]

Should always use the "Preview" button first.

For the [youtube] tag to work, only put the unique part of the URL in, basically everything after the "=" sign. For your link, that would be "xDaqW9sdc1Q". So the line should look like

Code: Select all

[youtube]xDaqW9sdc1Q[/youtube]
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 18 Jun 2017 00:38

If we ever do a NeckBeard RPG run on this forum, I'm calling dibs on this as my character.

http://popularmilitary.com/veteran-invo ... -arrested/
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 18 Jun 2017 02:33

Fade2Gray wrote:If we ever do a NeckBeard RPG run on this forum

You'd have to join a game first.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Fri 30 Jun 2017 15:42

I'm thinking of running a game of Phoenix Command, a hardcore ballistics simulator (and tabletop wargame and roleplaying game) from the mid-80's. In particular, I've been thinking of running a Cold War tank game using the game's Mechanized Combat System expansion, which has a fair number of tanks. The players would the commanders and crew of a tank platoon being sent to their deaths on light patrols through the scenic European countryside.

Phoenix Command may seem complex, and it is, but it's also not as unplayable as the rumours would have it. And the experience of well-played Phoenix Command is extremely rewarding in terms of immersion, depth, and verisimilitude. Vietnam War scenarios of this game have been played regularly at the Finnish Ropecon gaming convention for at least 10 years, to much appreciation.

The specific scenario I've left unspecified, because I want to give the players the option of choosing their tanks. Already in the game we have some tanks you may recognize from Wargame:

Spoiler : Tanks! :
Leopard 1A1A1
Leopard 1A3
Leopard 1A4
Leopard 2A4
Merkava 1
Merkava 2
T-62
T-62M
T-64B
T-64BV
T-72 Ural
T-72M1
T-80B
T-80BV
Chieftain Mk 9
Chieftain Mk 12
M60A1 ERA
M60A3
M1A1
M1A1(HA)

With minimal effort I should be able to add most variants of the above that don't change armour thickness and use gun types already in the game, such as the M1 Abrams, the Leopard 1V, the M-84A, etc

For those of you who want to kill Nazis, there's also the following:
Spoiler : WWII Tanks :
Panzer IV F1
Panzer IV F2
Panzer IV H
Panzer V A Panther
Panzer V G Panther
Panzer VI E Tiger
Panzer VI B Königstiger
T-34-76B
T-34-85
KV-1A
KV-1C
KV-1s
KV-85
IS-2
IS-2m
M4A3(75) Sherman
M4A3E4 Sherman
M4A3E2 Jumbo Sherman

So, anyone want to go tanking around with me on weekends (or weekdays, I'm on vacation), sometime between 12:00 and 22:30 GMT+2? ^_^

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 30 Jun 2017 15:46

Eukie wrote:being sent to their deaths on light patrols through the scenic European countryside.

I am extremely up for this in a couple of weekends, although right at the moment I am in deadline crunch time.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Mon 10 Jul 2017 02:14

Fade2Gray wrote:If we ever do a NeckBeard RPG run on this forum, I'm calling dibs on this as my character.

Inspiring! Maybe just drop "a lengthy and violent criminal past" for being a bit extreme and probably works better as an NPC since the GM has first dibs on torturing the (other) players :twisted: Might use this even in my own stuff (it's a kind of a military setting too).

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Wed 12 Jul 2017 17:18

Holy hell, has it been a wild week with my DnD groups.

The group DM for the local game store hosted a DnD con which was non-stop AL DnD for the entire weekend. I decided to give it a shot, and see what will happen, so I created a warlock human of Yeenoghu, who'd occasionally go though psychoactive breakdowns whilst under intentness stress or emotional toil and oh boy there were some zingers.

Some of the things that my character got into that weekend:

- Devouring the face of a Yuan-ti leader who had assassinated the NPC guide, trapped us into a pit of death and left us to die. Much to the disgust of the rest of the party.

- Having a mental breakdown when ambushed by a bunch of gnoll raiders, then pretending to sell the entire party out to them as an offering to Yeenoghu, which was so convincing that several party members actually though I was selling them out, and one even attacked me because of it. (keep in mind this is all in character).

- Saving a PC who was pretending to be a yuan-ti and let a bit too much slip attempting a hostage break by running though a slave pit bound screaming "I'M FREE!". Allowing the rogue to free the prisoners and kill the big bad whilst the guards were distracted.

At the table I'm DMing shenanigans are at an all time high, they've stolen a black dragon wrymling from a kobold hovel, convinced them to join their cause, and took up squatters rights in a long abandoned keep whilst bringing an undead salamander back to re-life, stealing an entire brass golem from a long forgotten civilization and gotten him to guard the base. I've also seen the most ineffective use of a monkeys paw, I swear, I didn't even need to to look for negative consequences for their wishes, they dug their own holes and it was great.

At the normal game I am playing, my kobold has found a dragon cult though second hand means and wished to join them, he is now having to question his entire rationality and outlook on life as he is beaten both physically and mentally by the cults guards and leaders, and now has to face the reality that his joyous world and optimistic outlook may be more of a illusion than he had thought, having just escaped Ravenloft, he's found the homecoming to be much less joyous than he experienced.
Last edited by Grabbed_by_the_Spets on Thu 13 Jul 2017 01:08, edited 1 time in total.