Military Vehicles "in the wild"

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Military Vehicles "in the wild"

Postby Killertomato » Wed 9 Mar 2016 00:52

Halfway down the nordlandsbanen somewhere near mo I Rana.

Look to the right, see a highway. See a truck carrying a pair of tan humvees. The new kind with the gunner's fancy turret. Even in Norway the US military is always with me.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed 9 Mar 2016 03:23

Fade2Gray wrote:
Mike wrote:The Blackhawks that fly over my house only a few hundred feet off the ground. Shakes the windows and all

I miss watching them fly along the beaches along Grand Haven and Muskegon. There was one pilot who would fly so low to the water you'd almost think they were skimming it. Was very impressive to watch. Sometimes at Pere Marquette they would do some minor tricks as well.

The coolest thing I saw was about four F-22s flying around near the AFB. Pretty tight formation at one point then it looked like a couple of them had a little fun. 8-)
Courtesy of KattiValk

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Wed 9 Mar 2016 09:40

I love when you can tell the pilots are having a good time.. I used to live near Edwards AFB, and you'd see all sorts of planes going full afterburner, ready to break that sound barrier just loving their damn job..
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Wed 9 Mar 2016 13:33

Most peculiar place ?
Last winter, a pair of V-22 shuttling from the local airfield to Canjuers Camp, going over my family house several times a day. Man those things are loud. The sound is also quite unique.

Most peculiar position :
Some years ago :
Spoiler : :
Croche et Tient

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Postby Falcrack » Wed 9 Mar 2016 16:02

Back when I lived in Tucson and worked at U of A, a day didn't go by when I didn't see several A-10s or F-16s coming in over us for landing.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Wed 9 Mar 2016 16:03

Mike wrote:The coolest thing I saw was about four F-22s flying around near the AFB. Pretty tight formation at one point then it looked like a couple of them had a little fun. 8-)

Same, I've also seen -35s and most 4th gen.

Honestly, you live in tidewater long enough and it becomes easier to list the things you haven't seen.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed 9 Mar 2016 16:23

Bullfrog wrote:
Mike wrote:The coolest thing I saw was about four F-22s flying around near the AFB. Pretty tight formation at one point then it looked like a couple of them had a little fun. 8-)

Same, I've also seen -35s and most 4th gen.

Honestly, you live in tidewater long enough and it becomes easier to list the things you haven't seen.

Oh yeah, F-15s, F-16s and F/A-18s aren't shit to see. I've probably seen 35s but my eyesight is so bad I didn't realize it. :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

Butterless Toast
First Sergeant

Postby Butterless Toast » Wed 9 Mar 2016 18:46

We get a lot of RAF stuff flying over my house, mostly Chinooks and Hawks, but we've had a C-17 come 300ft over us once. For a flying whale like that, they're surprisingly quiet. We also used to get loads of Nimrods (RIP), so hopefully P-8s in the future.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 9 Mar 2016 18:54

Mike wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:
Mike wrote:The Blackhawks that fly over my house only a few hundred feet off the ground. Shakes the windows and all

I miss watching them fly along the beaches along Grand Haven and Muskegon. There was one pilot who would fly so low to the water you'd almost think they were skimming it. Was very impressive to watch. Sometimes at Pere Marquette they would do some minor tricks as well.

The coolest thing I saw was about four F-22s flying around near the AFB. Pretty tight formation at one point then it looked like a couple of them had a little fun. 8-)

I've seen Nighthawks and Spirits, but never a Raptor before. Sometimes they would cruise around Fort Bliss and the Sentinel teams would practice acquiring them.

The radar PATRIOT uses never had trouble picking them up for that matter. I was curious to see if Raptors did any better or not.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Excroat3
Captain

Postby Excroat3 » Wed 9 Mar 2016 19:00

Live near Great Lakes Naval Base, so every now and then you can see the Blackhawks flying around carrying SEALs who do training on base. One time I even saw the guy hanging his legs out of the door of the helicopter :D
Other than that, the occasional humvee will drive by.

Return to “Off-Topic”