Twin Bombing in Belgium

delfo
Major-General

Twin Bombing in Belgium

Postby delfo » Tue 22 Mar 2016 10:25

11 dead and over 20 wounded and this is what it looked after the blast:

https://twitter.com/AbraxasSpa/status/7 ... 9736207360

Belgium continues to be the country that has the deepest issues when it comes to radicalization in Europe it seems.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Twin Bombing in Belgium

Postby Killertomato » Tue 22 Mar 2016 14:52

The guardian reported a controlled explosion at a university too... My brother was there a week ago
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Tue 22 Mar 2016 15:28

I think there was a metro station. I have had a hard time staying awake today and keeping up sorry. I think I am coming down with something.

D-M

Postby D-M » Tue 22 Mar 2016 15:34

3 bombs : 2 in the Bruxelles airport, 1 in the Maelbeek station in the European district.
At least 28 deaths for now.
The rest is just rumors, always a shitton of them.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue 22 Mar 2016 16:18

It's a damn shame.
Courtesy of KattiValk

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Tue 22 Mar 2016 19:21

Isis has claimed responsibility.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 46136.html

A retaliation for Belgium's role in the conflict which was miniscule to be frank. ISIS cheered prior to the attack at their own compounds in Syria and Iraq.

Assad has said it's Belgium's fault for "tolerating terrorism to achieve certain agendas", which is hypocritical given that he has relied on Hezbollah and Iraqi shia terrorist groups for3 years now.

Based on this it is safe to assume that France and Belgium are being targeted not because of their involvement ( I don't understand how Belgium has severely hampered ISIS militarily or tolerated terrorism to achieve agendas because it's not in any way relevant when determining the overall policy of the EU on Syria and the US on Syria) but because of the high degree of radicalization per capita in Belgium and the number of fighters and cells originating from there.

I on the other hand seem to have a cold.

Aubustou
Lieutenant

Postby Aubustou » Tue 22 Mar 2016 20:37

A retaliation for Belgium's role in the conflict which was miniscule to be frank. ISIS cheered prior to the attack at their own compounds in Syria and Iraq.

No, it's a retaliation for the capture of Salah Abdeslam, the last surviving terrorist of the Paris attack, last friday in Bruxelles' suburbs. It's absolutely terrifying that they could organize so quickly and under pressure, and with suicide bombers too.
Image Gloire à la Nation!

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 22 Mar 2016 20:49

Aubustou wrote:

No, it's a retaliation for the capture of Salah Abdeslam, the last surviving terrorist of the Paris attack, last friday in Bruxelles' suburbs. It's absolutely terrifying that they could organize so quickly and under pressure, and with suicide bombers too.

I wonder what our reply will be? Hopefully it will be well thought out

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 22 Mar 2016 20:54

Aubustou wrote:

I suspect the plans were already in the works, they just bumped them ahead of time simply out of fear of being caught before striking, given that somebody that they likely were hiding was snatched they likely thought it wouldnt be long till they were.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Tue 22 Mar 2016 21:00

Aubustou wrote:

I seriously doubt ISIS's retaliation statement on the whole thing. It has more to do with there being a high radicalization within the rather small Belgian muslim community which if I am not mistaken would be under 250 000 nationals:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30853214

http://www.theatlantic.com/internationa ... is/416235/

So at this point 600-700 is a possible number. Based on the age structure if you consider 20% to be able bodied men we're over a percent here. Because of this the country is the nerve center more or less for this.

Return to “Off-Topic”