#Brexit vote coming soon.

User avatar
Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10646
Joined: Sat 24 Mar 2012 18:08
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 5 May 2017 11:36

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:Or view it as everyone should have an equal chance to come to the UK and should go through the same process of application to work in the UK. As far as "taking the jobs", technically the bank of england has said wage supression and the use of terrible worker contracts is in part due to the influx of EU migrant workers.


I wish people would stop blaming immigrants when it comes to shitty people abusing the job market.


Dont mistake pointing out facts as blaming something. Just because X leads to Y and pointing this out doesnt mean you blame X for trying to make their lot in life better, you are just explaining why people want to limit X so that Z cant abuse the situation, and it isnt even going into the loophole that many companies have abused for a long time where they can pay people in western nations what they pay them in eastern nations, thus cutting out competition whom actually dont abuse this stuff.

Yes, the shit employers are to blame for it, but the fact is, people simply dont want to have unlimited immigration on top of a multitude of other problems, and the "taking our jobs" argument is technically a bit valid with reguards to this unless you claim the bank of england are just racists.

Not to mention "in part" meaning multiple factors, lol.
Image

User avatar
Frencho
Lieutenant
Posts: 1245
Joined: Thu 13 Aug 2015 19:40
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby Frencho » Fri 5 May 2017 18:59


Ooohhhh!
Eeehhhh!

User avatar
Vulcan 607
Major-General
Posts: 3911
Joined: Mon 31 Mar 2014 20:40
Location: Malton
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 5 May 2017 20:24

Frencho wrote:

Ooohhhh!
Eeehhhh!


Damn he got in the liquor cabinet again

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby Shrike » Fri 5 May 2017 21:24

Frencho wrote:

Ooohhhh!
Eeehhhh!

Still gotta do business with Americans .

User avatar
Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10646
Joined: Sat 24 Mar 2012 18:08
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 5 May 2017 21:29

To be honest i dont envy his position, he has to downplay the uk, he is trying to stop May, the UKs LEADER from operating in the agreements, he cant let the UK have a good deal out of fear of others demanding good deals, he cant punish the uk without risking disruption and damage within the EU either.

He has a pretty bad job right now, and trying to downplay the UKs position is the only way he can make it work out without causing risk of further loss of power for the EU. Just remember that, the EU doesnt want to have a good deal to make both sides happy, it would rather a bad deal thats lopsided, which is why "no deal" is possibly a better option for the UK simply to stop a bad deal being forged because if he DID give a good deal, then other nations would see it as "not that bad" leaving the EU itself.

Because remember, there is literally nothing other than "because you cant" as an argument that stops nations being able to be part of the customs union and single market without being in the 100% open borders program, if the EU literally meant to make a good deal, it would drop this 1 thing and go for it because then everyone gains, but that isnt what the EU wants. Hell, you could even make the UK pay into the EU to be part of the common market and people would be fine with that so long as they had access and border controls, then down the road get the UK to rejoin, but no, the EU is too scared of power loss.
Image

User avatar
Frencho
Lieutenant
Posts: 1245
Joined: Thu 13 Aug 2015 19:40
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby Frencho » Fri 5 May 2017 22:43

Shrike wrote:
Frencho wrote:

Ooohhhh!
Eeehhhh!

Still gotta do business with Americans .


The Spanish and Portuguese got that covered when doing business with the majority of Americans :ugeek:

Oh casi lo olvido, Feliz 5 de Mayo señor Hollande y señor Trump!

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby Shrike » Fri 5 May 2017 23:08

Frencho wrote:Oh casi lo olvido, Feliz 5 de Mayo señor Hollande y señor Trump!

Es imposible! No tengo salsa por la fiesta in el parque cerca de metro! Yo tengo papas los fritas y dos pesos. Es muy mal!

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby Shrike » Sun 7 May 2017 19:09

Bump: http://www.newsweek.com/plans-increased ... nts-595139
why are there people in the UK government who want to turn the UK into Oceania?

Also looks like some people have been able to make money off Brexit
https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstal ... 337731260a
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 22166.html
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -rich-list

User avatar
Crotou
Colonel
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu 12 Apr 2012 20:36
Location: DM's keep
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby Crotou » Mon 8 May 2017 00:50

Mitchverr wrote:He has a pretty bad job right now,


I think he has a very good job : uniting the Union ( :mrgreen: sounds weird) for the first time and, in the meantime, fixing the mistake committed in 1973.

Now, I am waiting for Macron to fix the problem we have concerning posted workers and the related social dumping that benefits the eastern EU members. If he succeeds, The EU will look really better.
Image

User avatar
varis
Brigadier
Posts: 3349
Joined: Mon 20 Feb 2012 16:52
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby varis » Mon 8 May 2017 16:12



Didn't spot a single argument in the article on why this is because of Brexit.

It's like when snow falls in Finland in april and people say it's because of climate change :roll:
Image

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests