#Brexit vote coming soon.

captaincarnage
Major

Re: #Brexit vote coming soon.

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 8 May 2017 18:08

And in breaking news Rich people have a clue how to make money.

Guardian readers and Communists outraged by capitalism :lol:

I used to work for 2 Billionaires, unlike some people who like to demonize people who succeed i am perfectly happy as their financial prosperity also positively affects my own ;)
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 9 May 2017 00:01

What that article fails to point out is that today the "top 1%" contribute more to society than they ever have, at least those in the UK. Its quick to say how "they got richer this is bad" but ignores the "why" and the "but if they are making more money, doesnt that mean the country as a whole is also picking up more productivity?" Stuff.

It also does the highly ignorant and moronic thing of going on about food banks and how record numbers went to them before.... Just what was it that got recently forced in the areas with sudden usage of food banks and skyrocketing homeless? Oh thats right, the new universal credit program, which party brought it in to "cut costs" by basically kicking people while down and give them less? Thats right, the tory party. They are applying x caused y when it was z that caused y for their political agenda.

As for the whole "May beholden to the rich" because they give her money... Didnt the rich tell everyone to NOT leave the EU? If this is the case, why is she pushing a hard brexit, the big thing the rich DIDNT WANT TO HAPPEN? Also, notice how those whom "suffered" and went down were all caught up in their own little stings etc about their treatment of employees or how they were operated, causing public shift in spending..... But thats totally down to brexit :lol:. I have also worked for a couple of the companies that shot up on those lists, they shot up due to extremely efficient practices taking advantage of the market slump and the £ change in value, not because of some evil overlord thing.

I hate the tories as much as the next guy, but this article is just, urgh.... Its blaming things on them for the wrong reasons when they are the actual reason for the problem, but they can easily just say "wasnt us" because people wont connect the right fucking dots.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 9 May 2017 04:33

Mitchverr wrote:What that article fails to point out is that today the "top 1%" contribute more to society than they ever have,

I hear this ever now and again, but I have not yet seen any reliable source for such claims.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 9 May 2017 10:08

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:What that article fails to point out is that today the "top 1%" contribute more to society than they ever have,

I hear this ever now and again, but I have not yet seen any reliable source for such claims.

Its easy to check, currently the top earners now pay upwards to 50% and the top 10% now pay over half of all tax in the country, with the richest 1% paying nearly 30% last i saw.

The whole "rich people dont pay tax" hype is mostly a myth based on companies which are mostly offshore, those whom are not doing an amazon etc are generally pretty damn good.

Though taxes could go up to help pay for things, which both the labour and tory party are planning to do, I just dislike how people keep on at this bone.

Object199
Warrant Officer

Postby Object199 » Tue 15 Jan 2019 18:59

Just remembered this forum and this thread, it is a lot of fun reading all the nonsense some people wrote here regarding the Brexit. I wish they would return, just so there could be some "I told you so" thrown around.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Thu 24 Jan 2019 09:47

Object199 wrote:Just remembered this forum and this thread, it is a lot of fun reading all the nonsense some people wrote here regarding the Brexit. I wish they would return, just so there could be some "I told you so" thrown around.

I can say most of my stances toward the EU and Brexit have definetly changed.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 24 Jan 2019 17:07

Object199 wrote:Just remembered this forum and this thread, it is a lot of fun reading all the nonsense some people wrote here regarding the Brexit. I wish they would return, just so there could be some "I told you so" thrown around.

"Lighting myself on fire my not have been such a good idea" -Man covered in gasoline.

Object199
Warrant Officer

Postby Object199 » Sun 27 Jan 2019 18:37

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:"Lighting myself on fire my not have been such a good idea" -Man covered in gasoline.

"The EU will come crawling back to us, they need our money!" :D

Return to “Off-Topic”