All things HOI IV

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: All things HOI IV

Postby Soundwolf776 » Sun 19 Jun 2016 00:07

I'm currently waiting for a mod that replaces the toy soldiers doing push-ups with counters.

Wait, there is no option for NATO tactical icons instead of 3d-models?

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Sun 19 Jun 2016 00:17

Well I managed to create the Kiwi Empire by shifting the New Zealand to facsist then plotting a coup in Australia for them to become the Empire of Platypus and join me in my crusade against heresy...

Cheesehead
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cheesehead » Sun 19 Jun 2016 01:10

Soundwolf776 wrote:
I'm currently waiting for a mod that replaces the toy soldiers doing push-ups with counters.

There are, but it appears that they only show up when you zoom out, and may appear over the 3-D models. I haven't figured out how to turn the 3-D models off.

Overall, I think the game has a solid start. I cannot wait for the mods to start coming for this as it looks like the Devs gave the keys to the kingdom to the modders. HOI3 had some really good ones and it seems some of them will be done for HOI 4 as well.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sun 19 Jun 2016 02:45

I'm hoping HOI IV gets a discount so I can finally buy it. :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Sun 19 Jun 2016 02:49

Soundwolf776 wrote:

Nato counters are in and the option to turn off 3D-models was added shortly before relase, because people asked for it

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 19 Jun 2016 03:47

Object199 wrote:Seeing that people pay 40 bucks for a casualized arcade version of HoI III, when you bought HoI III with For the Motherland, Semper Fi and Their Finest Hour for only 7,46€. Ok, I bought it back in 2014, but still, just wait for a sale and you get a cheaper and better HoI. :lol:

If you want to play MP sessions I´ve to admit that HoI IV is probably better due to being less "rail-roaded".

Edit: Is it true that you cant sell specific resources, but only a percentage of all your resources?

We should just play Axis and Allies the board game instead since it predates HOI.

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Sun 19 Jun 2016 08:45

Tiera wrote:Also: I'm currently waiting for a mod that replaces the toy soldiers doing push-ups with counters.

There is one on steam, and I use it (I definitely recommend the "more NATO counters" mod to go with it btw).
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 19 Jun 2016 09:57

Why does France suck they always capitulate on the other hand their troops in Africa are attacking the Italians and some have landed in Gibraltar to help fight Spain which is losing badly.

Frencho
Lieutenant

Postby Frencho » Sun 19 Jun 2016 10:28

Vulcan 607 wrote:Why does France suck they always capitulate on the other hand their troops in Africa are attacking the Italians and some have landed in Gibraltar to help fight Spain which is losing badly.

Don't own HOI IV yet, still I have been watching my fair share of playtroughts on youtube.

Thing is if you ticked the historical option, France's AI is programmed to fold at first contact. So don't expect the AI to hold on and fight. It's like asking for AI Byzantium or the Teutonic/Livonian Orders to survive in EU IV.

So untick that option, that's the only solution I can see so far.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 19 Jun 2016 14:41

Frencho wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:Why does France suck they always capitulate on the other hand their troops in Africa are attacking the Italians and some have landed in Gibraltar to help fight Spain which is losing badly.

Don't own HOI IV yet, still I have been watching my fair share of playtroughts on youtube.

Thing is if you ticked the historical option, France's AI is programmed to fold at first contact. So don't expect the AI to hold on and fight. It's like asking for AI Byzantium or the Teutonic/Livonian Orders to survive in EU IV.

So untick that option, that's the only solution I can see so far.

Okay though vichey France hasn't appeared on this play thankfully their navy slaughtered me last time

Return to “Off-Topic”