New Nation: Iran

47andrej
Lieutenant

Re: New Nation: Iran

Postby 47andrej » Mon 29 Aug 2016 19:23

HrcAk47 wrote:But yes, I believe Southern Pact and Italy (countries with indigenous designs) would most definitely be more interesting in the Wargame context.

Italy yes, it has big load of unique designes, but southern NWSP?

When i read this thread http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=50263 i cant agree. (Icehawk why you dont repost your thread in WRD main??? :oops: :lol: )
Iraq developed Asad Babil, BMP-1 Saddam, T-55 QM2, AL Fao 210mm wheeled arty...
Loads of MiG-25 versions for every combat mission, Tu-22 Blinders throwing 9000 kg bombs..

DasaKamov
Command Sergeant Major

Postby DasaKamov » Mon 29 Aug 2016 19:38

Killertomato wrote:The problem with Saudi is leadership, that's not a problem in wargame cause that leadership is you!

Only players with less than three hours of logged multi-player games are allowed to buy a hypothetical Saudi-Arabian nation pack. :P
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Mon 29 Aug 2016 21:25

Killertomato wrote:
steppewolf wrote:From Arabic nations there are others better suited.

Like what? I'm dead serious right now. Training levels IRL are 100% irrelevant.

Saudi/Kuwait brings M1A2 as a prototype (sale in 1989, actual delivery in 1993), Smerch as a prototype (1995), AuF1, Desert Warrior IFV, lots of TOW-2, F-15s, Shahine/Crotale...

I'll actually make a list.

Bluefor Smerch? :) So a patchwork with hardly any relevence to the alternate universe in which this game takes place.

Let's remember first that the aim of the game is a Cold War alternative history; much of what you've listed are sales post Cold War Era and I highly doubt in the alternate Wargame world Kuwait would have had received all that you mentioned.

Syria and Egypt may make more sense since there was an actual ongoing conflict in Middle East in the time frame of the game, a high intensity war that could be interesting enough to be in the game although the downside is these nations hardly have any domestic equipment.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Mon 29 Aug 2016 21:27

Include them but only let players with less than 20 games play them.
Viker for ingen!

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Mon 29 Aug 2016 21:28

steppewolf wrote:
Let's remember first that the aim of the game is a Cold War alternative history; much of what you've listed are sales post Cold War Era and I highly doubt in the alternate Wargame world Kuwait would have had received all that you mentioned.

Why do you think that? Kuwait's primary tank in 1991 was M-84 and Kuwait's primary IFV was... BMP-2.

Why wouldn't the USSR have sold them Smerch?

Look at Iraq, mostly REDFOR but Bo-105 and Mirage F1, Rolands...
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Mon 29 Aug 2016 21:32

Killertomato wrote:
steppewolf wrote:

Why do you think that? Kuwait's primary tank in 1991 was M-84 and Kuwait's primary IFV was... BMP-2.

Why wouldn't the USSR have sold them Smerch?

Look at Iraq, mostly REDFOR but Bo-105 and Mirage F1, Rolands...

I thought is a thread about Iran but OK :D
Yup, everybody sold weapons to Saddam but hardly anybody to Iran

Kuwait also had Cheiftains, Skyhawks, Mirages but do you really think one week conflict is relevant compared with the effort of the Blue and Red blocks during Cold War?

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Mon 29 Aug 2016 21:35

steppewolf wrote:
Kuwait also had Cheiftains, Skyhawks, Mirages but do you really think one week conflict is relevant compared with the effort of the Blue and Red blocks during Cold War?

...yes?
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 29 Aug 2016 23:15

HrcAk47 wrote:Without any racism implied, if Saudis and the rest are added, I think all of their units should be hard capped to trained.

>be Saudi
>invade one of the poorest and weakest countries in the world, Yemen
>lose militarily and lose territory to Yemen

Otherwise, just give the mixed Blufor deck the Saudi flag.

Saudi pilots are good, but the rest? Yeah... not so much.

All the rich boys join to be fighter pilots, heh.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Mon 29 Aug 2016 23:49

Killertomato wrote:
steppewolf wrote:

...yes?

You mentioned Red weapons, I mentioned Blue ones for Kuwait. As I said it's a post Cold War mixture which would make the balance a nightmare. Really, Kuwait?

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Tue 30 Aug 2016 00:06

steppewolf wrote:
Killertomato wrote:
steppewolf wrote:

...yes?

You mentioned Red weapons, I mentioned Blue ones for Kuwait. As I said it's a post Cold War mixture which would make the balance a nightmare. Really, Kuwait?

We already have finland. Not sure why a red/blue mix would be a problem.

There's not a country in the ME that doesn't have a mix, except maybe Syria and Yemen.